Would you do it?

Green Jets & Ham

Jets, Texans and Saints all lose this weekend

1. NY Jets {via Texans} - RB Reggie Bush

2. N.O. Saints - QB Matt Leinart

3. Hou Texans {via Jets} - OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

According to the draft trade value chart, the Jets would also send Houston their 2nd & 3rd RD Picks in this draft

However, with a likely COMP 3 for LaMont Jordan, the Jets would only be shutout of RD 2

There is also a chance we may land a COMP 3 or 4 for K-Mac

So, would you make this deal to acquire the #1 Pick/Reggie Bush?

No. The Jets need that franchise LT more than they need a franchise RB. For as great as Reggie Bush could be there have been many other great backs that never sniffed the super bowl. You need an entire team to get to the big game and without quality OL this team can't even keep it's QB healthy, let alone open holes for the RB.

No. The Jets need that franchise LT more than they need a franchise RB. For as great as Reggie Bush could be there have been many other great backs that never sniffed the super bowl. You need an entire team to get to the big game and without quality OL this team can't even keep it's QB healthy, let alone open holes for the RB.

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Exactly how I feel.

And for all the Bush haters who say he's too small and that you'd rather have Dbrick.

Dbrick is small for his position too, and probably even more undersized at his position right now, then Reggie Bush is!

it's not just DBrick those second and third round picks have serious value. The Jets need a speed WR, a 300+ NT, a starting tackle, a Mawae replacement to groom, depth at QB, another cornerback - they aren't going to fill all those needs by trading up for Reggie Bush.

According to the draft trade value chart, the Jets would also send Houston their 2nd & 3rd RD Picks in this draft

However, with a likely COMP 3 for LaMont Jordan, the Jets would only be shutout of RD 2

How about HELL NO!!!

it's not just DBrick those second and third round picks have serious value. The Jets need a speed WR, a 300+ NT, a starting tackle, a Mawae replacement to groom, depth at QB, another cornerback - they aren't going to fill all those needs by trading up for Reggie Bush.

Thats true and a good point.

We dont have to get everbody and fill every need in 1 offseason. People seem to forget that. This team wont win the superbowl next season anyways. Better to get the superstar running back thats available right now. Add a Grady Jackson to the Dline, and draft the highest rated offensive lineman in the draft with our comp picks in the 3rd rd.

I really wish Cavka did not get injured. He looked pretty good in preseason, very quick on his feet and looked pretty bulked up. If worse comes to worse, he competes with Steve Morley for the right tackle spot.

Jonthan Goodwin HAS GOT TO GO. He is just not strong enough, pretty pathetic actually.

Dont get me wrong, I dont even think we will have to trade up for Bush. But if we have to, and this is an offered deal, I jump on it.

Bradway needs to make some moves in the free agency market. Ty Laws cap number is a big one, he'll be let go, and we'll go with Miller and Barrett at corner.

Kendall, Fabini, Gragg, Goodwin - Cya later

Mawae returns at center. And I hope we go hard after LeCharles Bentley, who can also play guard.

LT-Jones (who just needs to get stronger)

LG-Bentley

C-Mawae

RG-Moore

RT-Cavka/Morley/3rd rd comp pick

That is a pretty good Oline.

DE-Ellis

DT-Grady Jackson

DT-Dewayne Robertson

DE-John Abraham

Very good Dline, potentially great Dline.

If the Jets were one stud RB away from the Super Bowl, then you pull the trigger on this deal.

However, the Jets have far greater needs (at least 2 OLinemen, a QB and NT) then a RB.

How many Super Bowl rings do the "great" RB's have?

Gayle Sayers, Barry Sanders, LT, Priest Holmes?

If the Jets were one stud RB away from the Super Bowl, then you pull the trigger on this deal.

However, the Jets have far greater needs (at least 2 OLinemen, a QB and NT) then a RB.

How many Super Bowl rings do the "great" RB's have?

Gayle Sayers, Barry Sanders, LT, Priest Holmes?

Oh come on Tx, the Jets were only a dominant DT away from the Super Bowl a few years ago. Just look how that worked out.

Oh hell no!

And, if you think that the Texans would be so gratious as to take just a second and a third, you're totally trippin, Ham. It's not about the value chart system. Not when you have a draft pick who's getting the hype that Bush is getting. He'll go, bare minimum, three first round picks, a few vets, among other draft picks. It'd be suicide to make that trade, considering where the Jets are. Absolute suicide.

The Jets have alot more holes than a potential 'franchise' running back. Revamping an old offensive line. That big DT. A speed WR. A quarterback that doesn't get shredded. some linebacking depth. Defensive line depth. A new coaching staff.

Reggie Bush would be a great luxury. But, the Jets can't afford it.

NO NO and NO! There is no way in hell you do that..there are too many holes on this team to do this. In addition there is no way in hell this kid will live up to all of this hype. The way everyone is talking it is like they can guarantee 2000 yds rushing every year.

NO NO and NO! There is no way in hell you do that..there are too many holes on this team to do this. In addition there is no way in hell this kid will live up to all of this hype. The way everyone is talking it is like they can guarantee 2000 yds rushing every year.

I don't think he'll ever rush for 2000 Yards, or even close ... he may never even rush for 1700

But I still think he'll be one of the most explosive RB's of all-time, barring injury

How so?

Because I do believe he'll routinely account for 2000 Yards combined, rushing and receiving

I can absolutely see him EXCEEDING 2000 in that regard, with a whole bunch of touchdowns to boot

He may never win a rushing title, but I'll betcha he wins a few rushing/receiving titles for combined yards

PS. I think the last RB to rush for over 1000 and receive for over 1000 in the same season was Roger Craig?

I could be wrong about that, but I believe he was the last RB to accomplish that dual feat ... and he might have been the only one, ever

So when I say Reggie Bush will do likewise ... OFTEN ... that's saying a whole lot

And if I'm right, that would easily justify my prior declaration ... that in spite of no 2000 Yards Rushing seasons, or perhaps no rushing titles either, he will still be one of the most explosive RB's of all-time barring injury

The question is: Do you want to sell jerseys, or do you want to win a championship? Some people are completely ******* blind when it comes to the subject of Reggie Bush. WE HAVE OTHER NEEDS TOO! How about all you Reggie Bush lovers stop complaining about our offensive line; stop complaining about our quarterback situation; stop complaining about McCareins, and Jolley, and D-Rob, and Reed; because apparently, you do not feel these are problem areas. You think everything will be solved by drafting Reggie ******* Bush.

IT WON'T! This team has to rebuild, period. We need so many things and are so far over the cap that we probably will not be able to address all our needs in one off-season. And you want to trade picks to move up to get some running back that is just as unproven as any other player in the draft? Desmond Howard ring a bell? LeLand McElroy? Reggie Bush HAS a bust factor just like everyone else. Jesus H. Sanders he ain't. With a trade DOWN, we can still nab our running back of the future (maybe DeAngelo Williams...if your eyes were not stuck together from Bush juice, perhaps you'd have noticed his 230+ yards and 3 touchdowns yesterday). Plus, we can use the extra picks to start filling the many holes on this team.

Trade picks for Reggie Bush? :roll: This team is 3-13! You guys act as if we're ******* one piece away from the Super Bowl. We are about 22 pieces away!

The question is: Do you want to sell jerseys, or do you want to win a championship? Some people are completely farging blind when it comes to the subject of Reggie Bush. WE HAVE OTHER NEEDS TOO! How about all you Reggie Bush lovers stop complaining about our offensive line; stop complaining about our quarterback situation; stop complaining about McCareins, and Jolley, and D-Rob, and Reed; because apparently, you do not feel these are problem areas. You think everything will be solved by drafting Reggie farging Bush.

IT WON'T! This team has to rebuild, period. We need so many things and are so far over the cap that we probably will not be able to address all our needs in one off-season. And you want to trade picks to move up to get some running back that is just as unproven as any other player in the draft? Desmond Howard ring a bell? LeLand McElroy? Reggie Bush HAS a bust factor just like everyone else. Jesus H. Sanders he ain't. With a trade DOWN, we can still nab our running back of the future (maybe DeAngelo Williams...if your eyes were not stuck together from Bush juice, perhaps you'd have noticed his 230+ yards and 3 touchdowns yesterday). Plus, we can use the extra picks to start filling the many holes on this team.

Trade picks for Reggie Bush? :roll: This team is 3-13! You guys act as if we're farging one piece away from the Super Bowl. We are about 22 pieces away!

Wow, even Troll gets it.

=D>=D>=D>

We dont have to fill all our holes in 1 offseason.

Reggie Bush will be the next Tomlinson, probably even better.

Max and SS. Tell me, which team has won 3 of the last 4 superbowls, and who was their left tackle? No, wait, even better, name a single probowler on the patriots Oline. You do not need a great Oline to win. Olines arent built with top 5 draft picks.

SS. Would you say our 2004 Oline was "pretty good". Wll that Oline I put toegether that you mocked of course, well its a better Oline than the 2004 version that led Curtis Martin to the rushing title and the team to the hairs of the AFC Champ game.

You talk alotta sh*t for somebody that never says anything creative or smart.

i didn't realize how much value the jets could get for trading down from #1.

if the jets get the #1 overall they can pick up an additional 2nd and 3rd, and still draft in the top 5.

that leaves the jets with:

1st, 2 2nd's, 3rd, 4th + 2 comp's (3-5)

that is how you rebuild a team in a hurry - of course the point is moot with Bradway making the picks.

Max and SS. Tell me, which team has won 3 of the last 4 superbowls, and who was their left tackle? No, wait, even better, name a single probowler on the patriots Oline. You do not need a great Oline to win. Olines arent built with top 5 draft picks.

Matt Light.

You are half right and half wrong.

You are correct that you do not need "Pro Bowl" Olinemen to win the Super Bowl. What you do need however, is an extremely cohesive OLine that does not have one weak link.

Reggie Bush will not make the Jets a winner. They might sell more jersey's, but he will not help them win.

I'll laugh my a** off if the Jets go after Bush and completely neglect the OLine.

i didn't realize how much value the jets could get for trading down from #1.

if the jets get the #1 overall they can pick up an additional 2nd and 3rd, and still draft in the top 5.

that leaves the jets with:

1st, 2 2nd's, 3rd, 4th + 2 comp's (3-5)

that is how you rebuild a team in a hurry - of course the point is moot with Bradway making the picks.

Won't the Jets get 3 comp picks next year?

Jordan, McKenzie and Ferguson.

Matt Light.

You are half right and half wrong.

You are correct that you do not need "Pro Bowl" Olinemen to win the Super Bowl. What you do need however, is an extremely cohesive OLine that does not have one weak link.

Reggie Bush will not make the Jets a winner. They might sell more jersey's, but he will not help them win.

I'll laugh my a** off if the Jets go after Bush and completely neglect the OLine.

.Exactly.

Which is why LeCharles Bentley should be the Jets #1 target in free agency.

Getting Mawae back, as bit has said, immediately improves this Oline. Adding Bentley, who is a great player with a mean streak, at left guard. We would have a very good interior Oline. Adrian Jones will only get better, not to mention he's already much better than Fabini was. Right tackle is up in the air, but this draft is loaded with solid tackles, hope you can steal 1 in rd 3, or you go with Cavka/Morley and address it next year should they not pan out.

The jonathan goodwins and the scott graggs of the world can make any previously good Oline look like a bunch of turnstiles.

The question is: Do you want to sell jerseys, or do you want to win a championship? Some people are completely farging blind when it comes to the subject of Reggie Bush. WE HAVE OTHER NEEDS TOO! How about all you Reggie Bush lovers stop complaining about our offensive line; stop complaining about our quarterback situation; stop complaining about McCareins, and Jolley, and D-Rob, and Reed; because apparently, you do not feel these are problem areas. You think everything will be solved by drafting Reggie farging Bush.

Trade picks for Reggie Bush? :roll: This team is 3-13! You guys act as if we're farging one piece away from the Super Bowl. We are about 22 pieces away!

Great point, Troll! =D>

Archived