CAA runs this city...2013-14 New York Knicks thread

Matt39

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolan's the problem...Woody isnt allowed to sit JR

Dolan is always the problem ... but I think you are discounting the paternal relationship with JR & Woody.

I know you hate Melo, but he is averaging 26 ppg & 9 rpg.  At times he and Bargs looks like the only guys competing.  JR, Shump and Felton are absolutely killing this team.

Dolan is always the problem ... but I think you are discounting the paternal relationship with JR & Woody.

I know you hate Melo, but he is averaging 26 ppg & 9 rpg.  At times he and Bargs looks like the only guys competing.  JR, Shump and Felton are absolutely killing this team.

All true. But Melo's insistence on an iso offense run around and for him pretty much precludes anyone else doing much. And it's stupid basketball.It's no great secret, pass out of double teams to the open guy. But the Knicks; offense doesn't work that way. WHy is it Howard and Harden can work within a team with Lin but Melo could not? Now Harden and Lin really don't complement each other but they're trying to make it work. Melo would not do that.It's a 5 man game, unless you insist on playing 1 on 5 and youa re putting your team at a disadvantage doing so. And given how much they bend to Melo it could be argued these numbers are the least he could do.Not defending guys not playing hard but when they know everything is geared to one guy every possession don't be shocked when they check out a bit.

Melo's happy right now.This is exactly what he wants- with the media narrative being "Melo has no help" it allows him to take any shot he wants. Don't think he cares about winning at all.

Melo's happy right now.This is exactly what he wants- with the media narrative being "Melo has no help" it allows him to take any shot he wants. Don't think he cares about winning at all.

That's a stupid comment

It's funny watching the different media narratives for Nets and Knicks.

Media makes excuses for this self hyping team and kills the Knicks

Looks like failure 2 different ways. Amazed Billy King has lasted this long. If this keeps up won't be very much longer.

Melo playing like sh*t is the main reason the team is 3-7.

That said, Matt is still full of sh*t because if Melo played this season like he did last year, they'd easily be 7-3 and maybe 8-2.

The issue is not about building around Melo.  They did well enough last year until Tyson and JR fell apart in the playoffs.

Melo playing like sh*t is the main reason the team is 3-7.

That said, Matt is still full of sh*t because if Melo played this season like he did last year, they'd easily be 7-3 and maybe 8-2.

The issue is not about building around Melo. They did well enough last year until Tyson and JR fell apart in the playoffs.

Melos game is the same as it always was- freeze teammates out in the 4th qtr. Did Bargs even touch the ball in the 4th qtr?

Prgionis been the teams MVP this year and was benched down the stretch.

Lol at the Knicks having 8 wins. The team is dreadful to watch. The best the offense has looked all season was while fat boy was on the bench. What a disaster this team is. Compete utter disaster.

Yes, 8 wins if Melo was playing well which he is not.

I don't think you remember last season because you weren't watching since they were winning, but Melo bailed out the team for a bunch of wins because of hot shooting.

As to Prigs being benched I have no clue. The metrics demonstrate that Melo shoots best when Prigs is on the floor

Yes, 8 wins if Melo was playing well which he is not.

I don't think you remember last season because you weren't watching since they were winning, but Melo bailed out the team for a bunch of wins because of hot shooting.

As to Prigs being benched I have no clue. The metrics demonstrate that Melo shoots best when Prigs is on the floor

Melo and JR rotate PG duties in the 4th quarter, which is why Prigs gets benched. Bargs has taken 2 total 4th quarter shots over the past 3 games.

8 wins? Yeah, and Chris Smith will be an All Star this year.

Last years team I watched plenty. They lived by the 3, and they had better spacing because of Kidd. Copeland gone. Kidd gone. Novak gone. Shumpert being railroaded. Team is a mess.

Craig Carton, who does legitimately have a source at the Garden, said this morning that Isiah is back running things, and that's why Steve Mills is back.

Thats a bunch of horsesh*t.

The Isiah boogie man nonsense has to stop.

YA ANY TIME WE WANT TO FIRE KIDD NOW THAT WOULD BE OK YA

His postgame comments are like a CYO coach. "Yeah, we played hard. We'll get'em next time. Gotta execute, play defense, take good shots. Did everyone get a bottle of Gatorade? Anyone need a ride home?"

His postgame comments are like a CYO coach. "Yeah, we played hard. We'll get'em next time. Gotta execute, play defense, take good shots. Did everyone get a bottle of Gatorade? Anyone need a ride home?"

Michael Kay said an opposing scout told him that Kidd is doing absolutely nothing as a coach. Lawrence Frank is calling plays and handling substitutions. Kidd is basically filling a chair. They should fire King and Kidd tomorrow and beg Phil Jackson to come do both jobs.

Michael Kay said an opposing scout told him that Kidd is doing absolutely nothing as a coach. Lawrence Frank is calling plays and handling substitutions. Kidd is basically filling a chair. They should fire King and Kidd tomorrow and beg Phil Jackson to come do both jobs.

He really should've been an assistant somewhere for a couple of years before becoming the HC.

But the Nets wanted back pages.

Archived