The Dolphins have a serious bullying problem?

Klecko73isGod

They were sitting in the lunchroom at a table and when this RT sat down they got up.  That is what sent him to seek mental help.  This same RT was in on the same exact prank the week before on somebody else. 

You really think that's what made him seek mental help? That was just what they refer to as the straw that broke the camels back. I'm sure he had issues for long time, it sounds like that environment would be debilitating for a lot of people it would be complete unmanageable for somebody like that. Some people don't know how to respond to that sh*t, does that mean he can't play football? Is the team better off with or without 2 starting lineman? Problem is guys like Incognito and its starting to sound like flgreen see this as some sort of weakness so they deserve it till they toughen up. I was always nicer to those kids cause I had issues of my own and it takes all of 2 seconds to see that picking on them did ****all for the team and was in no way funny. They also tend to be the most appreciative people. I see it more as a problem that not a single person in that locker room felt comfortable enough to stand up for the kid. That's probably on the Dolphins as a whole organization

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. Anyone saying this is hazing is off their ******* rocker. The guy is a scumbag piece of sh*t.

I think theres more to come from this and youre definitely gonna see legal action.

I thiiiiink that FLGREEN was saying that its an NFL lockerroom and it is a bit rough in there.  Cant say for sure if crazy richie was threatening the LT for real in his voicemail but that would be really stupid to put a threat on a recorder.  Some of these guys are 1 small step up from neanderthal man so I guess that could be the case. Not that anything of what was said or done is acceptable but to make it sound like these guys are waiting outside the weightroom for the starting left tackle is a bit much.  These are men, not some kid in HS or Middle School.  This guy is their starting RT, they were giving him sh*t.  They were sitting in the lunchroom at a table and when this RT sat down they got up.  That is what sent him to seek mental help.  This same RT was in on the same exact prank the week before on somebody else. 

These olinemen are looney. Half of the Jets oline was arrested in 1999 for a bar brawl. Jumbo punched a female if memory serves. I think there's still something to this story were unaware of. Like Incognito didnt think anything of what he was doing, Martin never checked him on it....and now all of a sudden he's making it a national spectacle. Me think's he was calculating this a bit....and letting Incognito hang himself with the intent of going public later. Martin obviously has plenty of evidence.

Twitter now is saying there are Dolphin players who are siding with Incognito.

These olinemen are looney. Half of the Jets oline was arrested in 1999 for a bar brawl. Jumbo punched a female if memory serves. I think there's still something to this story were unaware of. Like Incognito didnt think anything of what he was doing, Martin never checked him on it....and now all of a sudden he's making it a national spectacle. Me think's he was calculating this a bit....and letting Incognito hang himself with the intent of going public later. Martin obviously has plenty of evidence.

Bullsh*t. Anyone defending this dickhead is just as bad.

I just heard an interview from last year telling Miami radio that he was planning on taking Tannehills credit card and buying jet skis. Forcing rookies to pay 30k dinner bills and using threats to do it is extortion. The guy is dead in the water and you might even see jail time.

You might be right that Martin set it up and if he did than that is AWESOME. **** Incognito, he deserves everything that's coming.

You really think that's what made him seek mental help? That was just what they refer to as the straw that broke the camels back. I'm sure he had issues for long time, it sounds like that environment would be debilitating for a lot of people it would be complete unmanageable for somebody like that. Some people don't know how to respond to that sh*t, does that mean he can't play football? Is the team better off with or without 2 starting lineman? Problem is guys like Incognito and its starting to sound like flgreen see this as some sort of weakness so they deserve it till they toughen up. I was always nicer to those kids cause I had issues of my own and it takes all of 2 seconds to see that picking on them did ****all for the team and was in no way funny. They also tend to be the most appreciative people. I see it more as a problem that not a single person in that locker room felt comfortable enough to stand up for the kid. That's probably on the Dolphins as a whole organization

Yeah, I always found myself sticking up for the little guys growing up.  I think that some if not all of this stuff goes on in every lockerroom in the NFL. The buying meals, carrying pads, getting dumped in ice tubs, to much much more "creative" things.  it is what it is, this guy could have told anyone in the organization if it really bothered him.  I just think the "victim" is even more of a headcase than crazy richie and that is saying alot.

Bullsh*t. Anyone defending this dickhead is just as bad.

I just heard an interview from last year telling Miami radio that he was planning on taking Tannehills credit card and buying jet skis. Forcing rookies to pay 30k dinner bills and using threats to do it is extortion. The guy is dead in the water and you might even see jail time.

You might be right that Martin set it up and if he did than that is AWESOME. **** Incognito, he deserves everything that's coming.

Most of the Dolphins are defending him. How is setting him up awesome? The Dolphins are now a national story...its not fair to the guys who had nothing to do with it. Their season is basically sabotaged.

Most of the Dolphins are defending him. How is setting him up awesome? The Dolphins are now a national story...its not fair to the guys who had nothing to do with it. Their season is basically sabotaged.

It's awesome because what this guy was doing is borderline illegal. So if "setting him up" is what it takes to get it to stop and to get this prick to stop extorting rookies than Martin succeeded.

Incognitos track record speaks for itself. I hate people who get away with this sh*t their whole lives, are truly bad people, and are still allowed to be successful .Nothing would make me happier than to see everything this piece of sh*t worked for get torn down.

Besides do you really care? **** the Dolphins haha I hope their whole season spirals out of control now.

It's awesome because what this guy was doing is borderline illegal. So if "setting him up" is what it takes to get it to stop and to get this prick to stop extorting rookies than Martin succeeded.

Incognitos track record speaks for itself. I hate people who get away with this sh*t their whole lives, are truly bad people, and are still allowed to be successful .Nothing would make me happier than to see everything this piece of sh*t worked for get torn down.

Besides do you really care? **** the Dolphins haha I hope their whole season spirals out of control now.

Im glad the Fins are a mess. I can just tell there's more to this story than meets the eye here. There's no doubt Incognito is a jerkoff, but lets see this whole thing play out. 

These are some of the same players who were wearing Free-Hernandez t-shirts to the bars, not exactly people I want to hitch my wagon to. 

• e486b7070648a6fae67a58567ec5b825_normal.
    Philbin defended the fact that Richie Incognito was one of 6 players on the leadership council by pointing out players decide who is on it.
    Blogger / Podcaster

•  
    Wallace: "I love Richie. I think he's a great guy. I don't think he was out of hand. I have alot of respect for Richie. I wish he was here."
    Beat Writer / Columnist
  • a28fb1a4bf518ff43c0b69095c57d3ff_normal.
    WR Mike Wallace: "I know both of those guys personally. I like both of them." He says he doesn't feel like pranks/hazing went too far.
    Beat Writer / Columnist

• a28fb1a4bf518ff43c0b69095c57d3ff_normal.
    WR Mike Wallace: "I know both of those guys personally. I like both of them." He says he doesn't feel like pranks/hazing went too far.
    Beat Writer / Columnist

Yeah I guess you guys are right.....what a fun loving goof ball. Extortion is such an awesome prank. And don't even get me started on the good ol' racial slur prank. That ones a classic.

Yeah I guess you guys are right.....what a fun loving goof ball. Extortion is such an awesome prank. And don't even get me started on the good ol' racial slur prank. That ones a classic.

The extortion stuff hasnt been verified and there are Dolphin rookies who are on the record saying they've never been forced to pay for anything.

Not sure why you're so driven in one direction here. There's clearly way more to this story.

a28fb1a4bf518ff43c0b69095c57d3ff_normal.
Philbin once again reiterates that Martin nor his parents ever expressed any accusations of bullying during all contact before yesterday.
32m
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

e486b7070648a6fae67a58567ec5b825_normal.
Philbin said he had a number of meetings with Jonathan Martin and conversation. Never before Sunday did he mention inappropriate behavior.
32m
Blogger / Podcaster

I'm not sure what this does to refute my position. All this says to me is that there's more players on the dolphins whom are asshats than I originally believed. I don't care what sports' team you player for, you ever call someone a half****** or threaten their mother even in a joking term, you're in the wrong. The fact that people side with him doesn't change that.  Often times the "bully" has a lot of friends, it doesn't make it okay. Maybe because it's a football locker room and player's careers are so fleeting, but I imagine you try this in a basketball or baseball locker room and it would not be okay. What is it about you that always has you defending the indefensible and making excuses for them? 

The extortion stuff hasnt been verified and there are Dolphin rookies who are on the record saying they've never been forced to pay for anything.

Not sure why you're so driven in one direction here. There's clearly way more to this story.

What do you mean man? I agree with you. Incognito is a funny guy. Oregon and Nebraska both just had a stick up their ass and didn't get his hijinks when he was banned from their programs. And the person he assaulted didn't realize Richie was just goofing around.

I leave racial slurs on all my friends voicemails and then we go back and listen to them and laugh and laugh.

a28fb1a4bf518ff43c0b69095c57d3ff_normal.
Philbin once again reiterates that Martin nor his parents ever expressed any accusations of bullying during all contact before yesterday.
32m
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

e486b7070648a6fae67a58567ec5b825_normal.
Philbin said he had a number of meetings with Jonathan Martin and conversation. Never before Sunday did he mention inappropriate behavior.
32m
Blogger / Podcaster

Oh yea, I'm sure Philbin is going to openly come out and say that he willingly allowed this type of behavior to go un-checked. This does absolutely nothing to dispel Martin's accusations, all it does is show that Martin was more than likely afraid to say anything.

Oh yea, I'm sure Philbin is going to openly come out and say that he willingly allowed this type of behavior to go un-checked. This does absolutely nothing to dispel Martin's accusations, all it does is show that Martin was more than likely afraid to say anything.

None of these tweets mean anything. All these Dolphins players are just upset that Martin took this public.

What do you mean man? I agree with you. Incognito is a funny guy. Oregon and Nebraska both just had a stick up their ass and didn't get his hijinks when he was banned from their programs. And the person he assaulted didn't realize Richie was just goofing around.

I leave racial slurs on all my friends voicemails and then we go back and listen to them and laugh and laugh.

Dude these racial/gay slurs/jokes happen in locker rooms every day. Incognito probably thought nothing of it- his mistake was leaving it recorded. The voicemail was left in April.

Remember the Tony Schefler story from a few months ago? 

Dude these racial/gay slurs/jokes happen in locker rooms every day. Incognito probably thought nothing of it- his mistake was leaving it recorded. The voicemail was left in April.

Oh well. And now the poor guy will most likely never play another down in the NFL. :biggrin:

He will be broke in 5 years and most likely be arrested for armed robbery.

Of course he wont its 2013. We live in a HR/litigious world. It is what it is. 

C'mon man...people like this do not deserve to be successful. They don't deserve to be in the NFL.

This guy is a walking piece of trash BEFORE any of this happened. Just be happy he is finally getting what he deserved.

I'm not sure what type of lock rooms you've been in, but I've been in my fair share and never once heard some use the term half****** in a joking manner. Ever. Maybe Incognito meant it in a joking manner, he doesn't seem to bright, but there's no way it was taken as lightheartedly as some are suggesting.

I agree that there's a lot more to this story than is out right now, but the fact that this type of behavior is coming to light, it reeks of a f*cked up atmosphere down in Miami. That and Schefty is as plugged in as anyone in football, if he reported guys were going broke and paying out the ass for the vets, I will tend to give him the benefit of the doubt as opposed to Incognito and others who don't see anything wrong with his behavior.

C'mon man...people like this do not deserve to be successful. They don't deserve to be in the NFL.

This guy is a walking piece of trash BEFORE any of this happened. Just be happy he is finally getting what he deserved.

To be honest I really dont take any joy or emotion out of someone being outed over something as stupid as this that should have been nipped in the bud months back. You're opening up a lot of other things now with this much access to locker rooms.

The Schefler thing went virtually unnoticed because people recognized for once this is how locker rooms operate.

I'm not sure what type of lock rooms you've been in, but I've been in my fair share and never once heard some use the term half****** in a joking manner. Ever. 

Fairly certain I've heard every slur known to man in locker rooms(both playing and coaching) from all different races. The light skin black kids get joked on a lot and they generally dish it right back. It's a dynamic I've seen. The Tony Scheffler story was out there...its the dynamic of the locker room. I dont get why we're trying to analyze it. Players police themselves.

The voicemail was left back in April fwiw. 

To be honest I really dont take any joy or emotion out of someone being outed over something as stupid as this that should have been nipped in the bud months back. You're opening up a lot of other things now with this much access to locker rooms.

The Schefler thing went virtually unnoticed because people recognized for once this is how locker rooms operate.

Alright man...I'm done arguing with you. It's been fun.

If you cant see this is wrong and that places of business (which is what we hear these players call it all the time) shouldn't operate in this way it says a lot about you. Just because something has been done a certain way for a long time doesn't make it right. Coaches and teachers USED TO be able to hit kids and use physical abuse. That has changed and this should to. He's just lucky he didn't do some of these things to the wrong guy who decides to use another fun misdemeanor prank on him, like assault. Someone steals 30k from me and threatens to slap my mom and kill me you would have to cut my leg off to stop me from stomping his skull in. Martin decided to go the smarter way and expose this man for the pussy he is.

Alright man...I'm done arguing with you. It's been fun.

If you cant see this is wrong and that places of business (which is what we hear these players call it all the time) shouldn't operate in this way it says a lot about you. Just because something has been done a certain way for a long time doesn't make it right. Coaches and teachers USED TO be able to hit kids and use physical abuse. That has changed and this should to. He's just lucky he didn't do some of these things to the wrong guy who decides to use one of his classic assault pranks back on him. Someone steals 30k from me and threatens to slap my mom and kill me you would have to cut my leg off to stop me from stomping his skull in. Martin decided to go the smarter way and expose this man for the pussy he is.

You seem to have some pent up emotion over something yourself to be honest.

Why folks get angry over the dynamic of a locker room has always been strange to me. All bets are generally off behind those doors. If you want to police it, I guess be my guest.

Getting extorted out of 30k sounds pretty far fetched. 

1. Spoke well of Richie as a teammate, a competitor. Says it hurts the team to manage this adversity. Losing two starters always hurts.

1. Just finished up in the #Dolphins locker room. Surprisingly, players confronted the "bullying" issue instead of running from it.

You seem to have some pent up emotion over something yourself to be honest.

Why folks get angry over the dynamic of a locker room has always been strange to me. All bets are generally off behind those doors. If you want to police it, I guess be my guest.

Never been bullied man. But I have seen people who have and its wrong especially when there is a fear of saying something about it which there is in this case. Incognito is a veteran, I am sure Martin felt like if he said anything all these other players would do exactly what you see them doing now.

And the reason I may be showing some emotion is because it pisses me off when the universe doesn't correct itself and people get away with things they shouldn't. a$$hole scumbags like Incognito don't deserve millions of dollars. They deserve to be exposed.

Never been bullied man. But I have seen people who have and its wrong especially when there is a fear of saying something about it which there is in this case. Incognito is a veteran, I am sure Martin felt like if he said anything all these other players would do exactly what you see them doing now.

Of course its wrong. Im just saying we havent seen the whole story yet- and generally these things can generally be tackled earlier before it gets to this. Either Philbin is a total moron or this really went unnoticed.

Archived