Revis Tweets 16Mill and Schaino is better than 12Mill and Rex.(MERGED)

BurnleyJet

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$4M more a year and no state income tax. Revis is fine. Lol. He won't be playing for Schiano next year.

You know what, the more Revis opens his mouth that happier I am that he is gone. 

Greedy ****'s happy playing for a winless team because he's getting paid? He is the poster boy for the modern day athlete. 

Revis and his uncle are so short sighted. 

Yeah, Revis is making money now. But his long term financial prospects would have been better playing for the same team his entire career and potentially becoming a legend. I really hope his play drops off a cliff like Nmadi. 

You know what, the more Revis opens his mouth that happier I am that he is gone. 

Greedy ****'s happy playing for a winless team because he's getting paid? He is the poster boy for the modern day athlete. 

Yeah, Revis is making money now. But his long term financial prospects would have been better playing for the same team his entire career and potentially becoming a legend. I really hope his play drops off a cliff like Nmadi.

Haha!

How many football cards does a legend have to sign to make up the $4M, $8M, $12M extra he's making playing for that losing team?

Earlier in my career, I left a fun job that I liked for a 25% raise at one of the biggest companies in the world.  Going to work sucked(felt like prison without the buttsecks) but I didnt mind cashing that check.  In the end, I probably would have done it all over the exact same way.

Question was a dick move by the media. Revis was getting burned how ever he handled it. It said no response, media would have said he passed on the opportunity to show support for his club. If he had said Rex, then media would have had him down as second guessing himself and being unhappy in Tampa. This answer shows him as a greedy player. There was no way out for Revis.

Endorsements?

Post career endorsements as a New York legend would have paid significantly more than pimping Buicks in Tampa will.

Retired athletes don't make that much in endorsements. They just don't. How much does Joe Klecko make locally? Mike Strahan? You're way off base, Dude. You can be as pissed off at Revis as you want to be, but he made the smart financial decision for himself and his family.

He sticks in Tampa for as long as they're willing to pay him, then becomes a mercenary for a contender (a la Deion), and he's right back in the endorsement business, anyway, if that's what he's interested in.

Endorsements?

Post career endorsements as a New York legend would have paid significantly more than pimping Buicks in Tampa will. 

Revis wasnt going to be a legend anywhere. He's a CB. Prime became a legend because he was great and he had his dance/personality. Plus as a punt returner. Revis is/was kind of boring.

Retired athletes don't make that much in endorsements. They just don't. How much does Joe Klecko make locally? Mike Strahan? You're way off base, Dude. You can be as pissed off at Revis as you want to be, but he made the smart financial decision for himself and his family.

He sticks in Tampa for as long as they're willing to pay him, then becomes a mercenary for a contender (a la Deion), and he's right back in the endorsement business, anyway, if that's what he's interested in.

Strahan's post carer earnings are probably a bad example of an overall solid point.

I have stayed for a company I enjoy working for and turned down more money a few times along the way.  Money isn't everything.

I remember Paul O'Neil telling the Yankees he had no problem taking less money as long as he stayed with the Yankees.

Somebody obliviously is in Revis's ear. if money is more important than winning than he made the right decision. and the Bucs overpaid for how hes performing, so the Jets made the right move.

**** him, let it go and lets move on.

I have stayed for a company I enjoy working for and turned down more money a few times along the way.  Money isn't everything.

You were a prized sought after free agent in the marketing industry? wow, I'm gonna use you as a reference :)

https://twitter.com/Revis24/status/397285603106361344

@Jason_Owen Back in the good old days when @Revis24 played for a team that mattered. Wonder if 12MM per and Rex as coach has any merit vs Schaino & 16MM

@Revis24 @Jason_Owen naw 16 is better

Douche.

GET DAT MONEY YO!!!! 

He's a clown for even taking that bait.

But I am sure being a ny sports icon helped him get that Regis TV gig.

Yeah, I don't think Revis remaining a Jet was gonna get him the Today Show gig.

Truth is, I wonder if the move wasn't a bad financial move for his football career as well.  Tampa Bay is proving every single person who said "a CB isn't worth 16M" to be right.  Tampa supposedly has the "Worlds Best Corner of All Time in the World" and they are sitting at 0-8 and right in the middle of the league in passing yards per game.  Does a 4M bump this year, and maybe next year make up for the Ndamdi-like drop that may be coming based on his inability to impact his team in any meaningful way?  I wonder if Revis would have been better off taking a long term deal for less money per year but w/ more guarantees.  In hindsight, I wonder if this was a cash out by Revis based on the fear that perhaps his leg wasn't going to hold up and he wanted to get as much as quickly as possible.

I remember Paul O'Neil telling the Yankees he had no problem taking less money as long as he stayed with the Yankees.

Somebody obliviously is in Revis's ear. if money is more important than winning than he made the right decision. and the Bucs overpaid for how hes performing, so the Jets made the right move.

**** him, let it go and lets move on.

I agree 100%.

Truth is, I wonder if the move wasn't a bad financial move for his football career as well.  Tampa Bay is proving every single person who said "a CB isn't worth 16M" to be right.  Tampa supposedly has the "Worlds Best Corner of All Time in the World" and they are sitting at 0-8 and right in the middle of the league in passing yards per game.  Does a 4M bump this year, and maybe next year make up for the Ndamdi-like drop that may be coming based on his inability to impact his team in any meaningful way?  I wonder if Revis would have been better off taking a long term deal for less money per year but w/ more guarantees.  In hindsight, I wonder if this was a cash out by Revis based on the fear that perhaps his leg wasn't going to hold up and he wanted to get as much as quickly as possible.

If he wanted to get as much as quickly as possible he never would have agreed to no guaranteed money. I think he was betting on himself being that guy more than anything. He's getting back to what he was...he's still really good at covering WR's. It's just not worth 16 million.

Based on his history, I would imagine that wasn't a factor.  I'm sure he's convinced he's still worth every penny of that and will continue to be beyond this year, so none of these concerns ever factored into his mind.  That doesn't mean he won't ultimately be proven completely wrong for exactly the reasons you outlined, but Revis has shown throughout his career about being more concerned with how much money he's getting paid at this exact particular moment than anything else.  Even if Tampa sends him packing after this season, he'll be out there telling everyone who listens how the only reason he wasn't the greatest ever this season was his recovery and the rest being the team's fault, and that he's still so great and deserves to be paid like it, and will truly believe all of it too.  The question is whether any team will agree with that assessment.

I hate that Jet fans are negative toward Revis.  I don't blame him one bit for taking the money.  NFL contracts are not guaranteed and the careers of these guys are short.  Look how fast Nnamdi fell off (after being compared to Revis).  I'm still very grateful to Revis for the great years he had here.  No ill will at all toward him. 

If Revis gets cut at the end of this season, what kind of money is he worth? 16M, 12M, 10M, 8M? I'm going to say in the 7-9 range and I'm betting anyone taking over the Bucs that knows the team needs so many pieces, and will probably ask him to give some of that money back or go away. So in a way, when it is all said and done Revis would have probably been better off taking 10-12 million this season with lots of signing bonus. Even on the open market, I dont see him getting north of 10 Million next year.

WTF is this sanctimonious bullsh*t? Only fans say stuff like this, the players who know their career can be over with one hit, or one plant of their foot when something tears, actually understand they need to get paid. Revis thought he was going to a better situations in Tampa, and getting paid more to do it. Only with hindsight does his decision not look good, but at the time he went from a team on the verge of a rebuild with a lame duck coach, to a team on the upswing, re-tooling their secondary with top free agents and putting Revis at the heart of it. 

Now, he's probably looking at it like - neither of these teams are winning it all, so at least I'm making bank now. Next year, I'll worry about finding a contender.

Haha!

How many football cards does a legend have to sign to make up the $4M, $8M, $12M extra he's making playing for that losing team?

LOL, exactly.

WTF is this sanctimonious bullsh*t? Only fans say stuff like this, the players who know their career can be over with one hit, or one plant of their foot when something tears, actually understand they need to get paid. Revis thought he was going to a better situations in Tampa, and getting paid more to do it. Only with hindsight does his decision not look good, but at the time he went from a team on the verge of a rebuild with a lame duck coach, to a team on the upswing, re-tooling their secondary with top free agents and putting Revis at the heart of it. 

Now, he's probably looking at it like - neither of these teams are winning it all, so at least I'm making bank now. Next year, I'll worry about finding a contender.

LOL, exactly.

And I am a fan so what's the problem?

Something tells me Revis is not at all concerned with playing for a winner. Remember, Revis is being advised by a greedy a$$hole who sat out a year in his prime for a big contract and was never the same player after he returned yet still believes he made the right decision. 

The only "contenders" for Revis' services are the ones willing to put up with his ridiculous demand to eat up nearly 15% of their salary cap. 

Personally I think he misses being with the Jets.  He assumed any coach would use him the way he was with us.  I know people consider him to be greedy but at the end of the day we blew so much smoke up his ass with him being the "greatest ever" he couldnt get away from his own ego.  On top of that his own family told him to take the money.  If we really wanted to keep him we should have added Gilbert to our D-line staff.

I actually met him twice in totally random places and both times he was a real nice guy, posing for pics, never acting like a prima donna.  I do think he wishes he was with the Jets but he took the money instead and I cant blame him for it. 

Its a shame theres so much hatred for the best player we've ever had.

Personally I think he misses being with the Jets.  He assumed any coach would use him the way he was with us.  I know people consider him to be greedy but at the end of the day we blew so much smoke up his ass with him being the "greatest ever" he couldnt get away from his own ego.  On top of that his own family told him to take the money.  If we really wanted to keep him we should have added Gilbert to our D-line staff.

I actually met him twice in totally random places and both times he was a real nice guy, posing for pics, never acting like a prima donna.  I do think he wishes he was with the Jets but he took the money instead and I cant blame him for it. 

Its a shame theres so much hatred for the best player we've ever had.

Were we calling him "the best ever" before he ever stepped on the field when he held out for a slot breaking deal?  Revis's greed and me first attitude showed up long before we made him that way, as you imply

Archived