Revis Tweets 16Mill and Schaino is better than 12Mill and Rex.(MERGED)

BurnleyJet

Question was a dick move by the media. Revis was getting burned how ever he handled it. It said no response, media would have said he passed on the opportunity to show support for his club. If he had said Rex, then media would have had him down as second guessing himself and being unhappy in Tampa. This answer shows him as a greedy player. There was no way out for Revis.

It's a legit question.  Revis is a greedy bastid.  He could have said something like, "I loved playing for Rex and the Jets and I thank them for the start they gave to my career.  For the most part, I enjoyed my time there, but that's in the past.  I'm a Buc now and am very happy here."  That would have been a mature, classy way to handle it, but everyone should know by now that Revis has zero class.  He's just all about Revis and the almighty $. I hope he never fully recovers from his injury last year, and within a year is out of the NFL altogether.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been pretty obvious for some time that his only motivation is money. I don't really have a problem with it as long as he still brings it on the field, the guy didn't grow up a Jets fan and like most players he probably isn't a die hard fan of any team. He plays to make as much as he can, which is understandable. That's tweet's still very ill-advised.

It's been pretty obvious for some time that his only motivation is money. I don't really have a problem with it as long as he still brings it on the field, the guy didn't grow up a Jets fan and like most players he probably isn't a die hard fan of any team. He plays to make as much as he can, which is understandable. That's tweet's still very ill-advised.

Yeah, I don't hold anything against Revis for doing what he does.  But if he starts complaining that he wants to be part of a better culture or play for a winning team, it'll fall on deaf ears.  And I'm OK that he isn't on our roster anymore.  Spending nearly 1/6 of your cap on a corner will never be a winning strategy.

I hate that Jet fans are negative toward Revis.  I don't blame him one bit for taking the money.  NFL contracts are not guaranteed and the careers of these guys are short.  Look how fast Nnamdi fell off (after being compared to Revis).  I'm still very grateful to Revis for the great years he had here.  No ill will at all toward him. 

This^^^^^  He should make as much money as he can whle he is still able to play.  Teams discard players like garbage when they can no longer produce, so while players are able they should maximize their value.  Don't blame Revis because Tampa was willing to pay him 16 Mil.

Players love to say “It’s not about the money.”

Darrelle Revis is not one of those players.

The ex-Jets cornerback — who was traded to the Buccaneers in the offseason and promptly signed an extension that will pay him $16 million this season and $98 million over the length of the six-year deal — said early Monday morning that losing, but having more money, in Tampa Bay is better than winning, and earning less, with Gang Green.

In the hours after the Jets’ surprising 26-20 win over the Saints, Jason Owen, a self-described Jets fan, tweeted, “Back in the good old days when @Revis24 played for a team that mattered. Wonder if 12MM per and Rex as a coach has any merit vs Schaino & 16MM.”

Wonder no more. Revis responded by saying the grass, and the cash, is greener in Florida.

“Naw 16 is better,” Revis tweeted just before 4 a.m. Monday.

It’s not clear why Revis was up so late, but he apparently wasn’t losing any sleep over the Bucs’ 27-24 loss to the Seahawks, dropping Tampa Bay to 0-8.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/revis-rich-winless-bucs-article-1.1506154#ixzz2jhh9WZz5

https://twitter.com/Revis24/status/397285603106361344

@Jason_Owen Back in the good old days when @Revis24 played for a team that mattered. Wonder if 12MM per and Rex as coach has any merit vs Schaino & 16MM

@Revis24 @Jason_Owen naw 16 is better

Douche.

Your thread title is inaccurate. 16 is better than 12 million, and Revis only addresses the money. 

Any argument that Revis cares about anything other than money is dead.  He doesn't care who the coach is, what the system is, or what the W-L record is.  Just pay me.

Any argument that Revis cares about anything other than money is dead.  He doesn't care who the coach is, what the system is, or what the W-L record is.  Just pay me.

all most players care about is money.  that is why all this "brothers" talk is nonsense.  For an extra mil, these guys would abandon their brothers in a heartbeat.

When he played here he was the best CB in the league many loved him for it. The NFL is a business he did what anyone of us would have done he went for the money.

Id take him back here in a heartbeat and so would you.

Revis is showing his true value to a team ( which is stacked by the way) by how many wins he has helped them get.  The answer to that is zero.  Therefore paying him 16 mil and getting no direct wins means that his value has been over inflated. It really is that simple. If you pay 16 mil for someone he should create wins like a QB would. 

Players love to say “It’s not about the money.”

Darrelle Revis is not one of those players.

The ex-Jets cornerback — who was traded to the Buccaneers in the offseason and promptly signed an extension that will pay him $16 million this season and $98 million over the length of the six-year deal — said early Monday morning that losing, but having more money, in Tampa Bay is better than winning, and earning less, with Gang Green.

In the hours after the Jets’ surprising 26-20 win over the Saints, Jason Owen, a self-described Jets fan, tweeted, “Back in the good old days when @Revis24 played for a team that mattered. Wonder if 12MM per and Rex as a coach has any merit vs Schaino & 16MM.”

Wonder no more. Revis responded by saying the grass, and the cash, is greener in Florida.

“Naw 16 is better,” Revis tweeted just before 4 a.m. Monday.

It’s not clear why Revis was up so late, but he apparently wasn’t losing any sleep over the Bucs’ 27-24 loss to the Seahawks, dropping Tampa Bay to 0-8.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/revis-rich-winless-bucs-article-1.1506154#ixzz2jhh9WZz5

Made at 4AM... Can't wait for the "hacked" excuse.

Revis is showing his true value to a team ( which is stacked by the way) by how many wins he has helped them get.  The answer to that is zero.  Therefore paying him 16 mil and getting no direct wins means that his value has been over inflated. It really is that simple. If you pay 16 mil for someone he should create wins like a QB would. 

Exactly why Revis's value on the open market will likely nose-dive.

Retired athletes don't make that much in endorsements. They just don't. How much does Joe Klecko make locally? Mike Strahan? You're way off base, Dude. You can be as pissed off at Revis as you want to be, but he made the smart financial decision for himself and his family.

Im not sure if you have noticed but Strahan is replacing Regis Philbin on Regis and Kelly and is on NFL Sunday on FOX so im pretty sure he is the worst example you could have given here. Other than that your pretty much spot on with the endorsements for retired players. Younger people want to see relevant players not players of yester year.

It's a legit question. Revis is a greedy bastid. He could have said something like, "I loved playing for Rex and the Jets and I thank them for the start they gave to my career. For the most part, I enjoyed my time there, but that's in the past. I'm a Buc now and am very happy here." That would have been a mature, classy way to handle it, but everyone should know by now that Revis has zero class. He's just all about Revis and the almighty $. I hope he never fully recovers from his injury last year, and within a year is out of the NFL altogether.

Classy post.

Im not sure if you have noticed but Strahan is replacing Regis Philbin on Regis and Kelly and is on NFL Sunday on FOX so im pretty sure he is the worst example you could have given here. Other than that your pretty much spot on with the endorsements for retired players. Younger people want to see relevant players not players of yester year.

Having the Today Show job isn't doing endorsements. I used Strahan because even he isn't making tons of money doing commercials.

If Revis wants a job on one of the football shows, he'll get it just as easily retiring from Tampa as he would from the Jets. I don't get the feeling that's his personality, though. All the more reason for him to squeeze every last penny out of his football skills.

Truth is, I wonder if the move wasn't a bad financial move for his football career as well.  Tampa Bay is proving every single person who said "a CB isn't worth 16M" to be right.  Tampa supposedly has the "Worlds Best Corner of All Time in the World" and they are sitting at 0-8 and right in the middle of the league in passing yards per game.  Does a 4M bump this year, and maybe next year make up for the Ndamdi-like drop that may be coming based on his inability to impact his team in any meaningful way?  I wonder if Revis would have been better off taking a long term deal for less money per year but w/ more guarantees.  In hindsight, I wonder if this was a cash out by Revis based on the fear that perhaps his leg wasn't going to hold up and he wanted to get as much as quickly as possible.

Revis is destined to be 21st century Deion, except instead of signing up with a potential champion he'll chase every last dollar. Basic idea though is Revis with the Bucs is proving the marginal utility of what he makes above what an averge or good corner would make instead in a cap sport makes his a really bad deal.

Knew so

"Live" is a license to print money. I would never watch it, but the housefraus love that crap. At a loss why Strahan is doing anything else.

Any argument that Revis cares about anything other than money is dead. He doesn't care who the coach is, what the system is, or what the W-L record is. Just pay me.

Just so you know that's prob 99 % of the players

If you think for a second any player won't take a 4 mil extra to play somewhere else ur crazy

Revis is destined to be 21st century Deion, except instead of signing up with a potential champion he'll chase every last dollar. Basic idea though is Revis with the Bucs is proving the marginal utility of what he makes above what an averge or good corner would make instead in a cap sport makes his a really bad deal.

Yep. Theat kind of money should ONLY be spent on a QB and a Franchis type of QB at that. 

But, after this year, who's going to shell out 16M for a CB?

You get the money. Lavernues Coles is broke. Allen Iverson is broke. No fan, no owner, no organization is going to retroactively hand them a check for services rendered. This is what Sean Gilbert has imparted to Revis and that's how he acts. Some of you want to be upset about a lack of "loyalty." The owners will let these players starve to death in the street the second they stop being of use to the team. The Steelers and Giants are the two "classiest" teams in the league, and the Steelers let Hall of Famer Mike Webster die penniless, living in his car. Go ask Lawrence Taylor or Billy Johnson how helpful the Giants have been to them post-career. You go get paid, you suck every penny you can out of the league before it spits you out.

Earlier in my career, I left a fun job that I liked for a 25% raise at one of the biggest companies in the world.  Going to work sucked(felt like prison without the buttsecks) but I didnt mind cashing that check.  In the end, I probably would have done it all over the exact same way.

and did that new job make the playoffs?  just joking

Archived