Macklin, Decker, E. Sanders, Cooper UFA's 2014

eboozer

Maclin if his knee checks out and Golden Tate are really the only two guys I'd want to bring in for the receiver position, with the possiblity of Manningham for a #3 type of guy.  Decker is going to be extremely overvalued due to the Peyton effect, so I'd rather pass on him.  I don't see anyway Olsen gets way from Carolina, but he's the only TE I'd want to sign as well. 

Maclin, coming off an injury could be had on the cheap.....or

How 'bout Cooper then? Still a Marty guy who knows the system.

dont get me wrong  i like them all more then most here on the team today but i dont think they  will come cheap

Maclin if his knee checks out and Golden Tate are really the only two guys I'd want to bring in for the receiver position, with the possiblity of Manningham for a #3 type of guy.  Decker is going to be extremely overvalued due to the Peyton effect, so I'd rather pass on him.  I don't see anyway Olsen gets way from Carolina, but he's the only TE I'd want to sign as well. 

Draft a top-flight TE early, even if we snag a decent FA.  Two good TE's is almost a prerequisite today.  I'd love a tandem like the Bengals have in Gresham and Eifert. 

Do you throw a contract at any of them Marty M. would be drooling to have Macklin!! I wouldn't mind a guy like Decker. Sure handed, young and a precision route runner.

Thoughts??

I know the dude is not a long term solution, but he isn't a 1 year rental either, more like 2-3 years which if Geno develops with him, and Idzik, and Co. Do another good job in the draft, but this time on the offensive side of the ball, Andre Johnson!! Rumor has it he will opt out of his current deal, or get released, and Houston seems to be ready to blow it up on the O side of the ball, and letting A Johnson walk due to his price tag will be part of that reportedly.

I know a lot of you want the complete rebuild from the draft with young players, but A Johnson is still playing at a HOF level the last 2 years, never was a douche me, me, me guy, stand up class act all the way, and if the Jets have that same 2-3 year window like they thought they had in 2010 signing him to a 3 year 40 million, 25 million guaranteed deal is a no brainer considering it won't cost any draft picks, and we have 50 million in cap space. Basically trading Him straight up for Holmes! Where the **** do I sign!

No idea of that is a very negative statement, or a very **** yea great idea statement, sorry I'm dumb.

Andre Johnson being on the Jets would make him get the same warm fuzzies in his nether-regions that teen girls get when they look at the ryan goslings of the world. That's the best I can describe Gatoisms for ya.

Andre Johnson being on the Jets would make him get the same warm fuzzies in his nether-regions that teen girls get when they look at the SenorGatos of the world. That's the best I can describe Gatoisms for ya.

Pretty much. There's still a large part of the football fan in me that is annoyed the Texans wouldn't allow the Jets to trade up for Johnson in '03. They wanted him baaaaad, but alas...He's also probably my favorite player of the past decade along with Suggs and Ware. Unbelievable talent and a model citizen for a league that seriously lacks them, especially at his position. Stupid Texans wasted his prime, but luckily guys at his position can last a while in this league.

Now Lupz has got me all excited and there's zero things I want more to happen in the offseason. Great mentor for Hill and Sammy Watkins, the duh first round pick they will be making.

Andre Johnson being on the Jets would make him get the same warm fuzzies in his nether-regions that teen girls get when they look at the ryan goslings of the world. That's the best I can describe Gatoisms for ya.

He'd be a great example for Hill to follow. Both have great downfield speed, but with those long strides, it take awhile. AJ could teach Hill how to fight for position getting off the line and how to

"GO GET" the ball!! Few do it better than Johnson.

Do you throw a contract at any of them Marty M. would be drooling to have Macklin!! I wouldn't mind a guy like Decker. Sure handed, young and a precision route runner.

Thoughts??

My thoughts are you haven't watched too many Broncos games. The last thing in the world Eric Decker has are sure hands.

Pretty much. There's still a large part of the football fan in me that is annoyed the Texans wouldn't allow the Jets to trade up for Johnson in '03. They wanted him baaaaad, but alas...He's also probably my favorite player of the past decade along with Suggs and Ware. Unbelievable talent and a model citizen for a league that seriously lacks them, especially at his position. Stupid Texans wasted his prime, but luckily guys at his position can last a while in this league.

Now Lupz has got me all excited and there's zero things I want more to happen in the offseason. Great mentor for Hill and Sammy Watkins, the duh first round pick they will be making.

And the Jets wouldn't have with Herm/Chad and Mangini/Chad ?   :1cry:

I thought that was what you ment, but wasn't 100% sure. Jets might play theirselves out of the Watkins, Lee, and Evans WR sweepstakes in the 1st round, that could put a guy like Matthews from Vanderbilt in their range, or the 2 big TE's Ebron, or Jenkins.

I thought that was what you ment, but wasn't 100% sure. Jets might play theirselves out of the Watkins, Lee, and Evans WR sweepstakes in the 1st round, that could put a guy like Matthews from Vanderbilt in their range, or the 2 big TE's Ebron, or Jenkins.

I'd settle for Lee, who's injuries and so on might gift wrap him to the Jets.

I have yet to get on the Evans bandwagon.

Jenkins would be perfect here, and I'm hoping all the crap surrounding him gives the Jets an opportunity to land him. He's the most talented of the TEs.

I'd settle for Lee, who's injuries and so on might gift wrap him to the Jets.

I have yet to get on the Evans bandwagon.

Jenkins would be perfect here, and I'm hoping all the crap surrounding him gives the Jets an opportunity to land him. He's the most talented of the TEs.

I like Evans the best out of the 3, both Watkins, and Lee can stretch the field, and take balls to the house after the catch, but Evans isn't to far behind speed wise, and is by far a huge upgrade from the 2 in size, and physical ability, he goes, and attacks the ball with his hands, he is the full package. As of now (I know a lot can change from now till draft day) he is widely considered the 1st WR off the board, and some say as high as top 5 (to the Texans which would make the A Johnson scenario possible lol). Would flat out love it if Lee, Watkins, or Evans fell to wherever the Jets pick.

Maclin, good - always hurt.

Decker, product of Manning.

Emmanual Sanders, not good, and what he has accomplished I'd credit Big Ben broken play awesomeness for. Do not want.

Cooper, isn't actually good. The Foles to Cooper thing reminds me of the Billy Volek to Drew Bennett hot streak from years back when they were Titans. Don't throw money at flukiness.

Maclin, good - always hurt.

Decker, product of Manning.

Emmanual Sanders, not good, and what he has accomplished I'd credit Big Ben broken play awesomeness for. Do not want.

Cooper, isn't actually good. The Foles to Cooper thing reminds me of the Billy Volek to Drew Bennett hot streak from years back when they were Titans. Don't throw money at flukiness.

Tate's the best of the group and would be a perfect fit here imo. He's gotten better every season too.

Tate's the best of the group and would be a perfect fit here imo. He's gotten better every season too.

Maclin is the best of the group, I just don't want his fragility. Tate plays a tough man's game. He likes contact, from what I've seen of him.

Evans is a total wild card. That's a sandlot offense he plays in and he runs one route. The route where he's bigger than everyone else and Manziel throws it up to him.

How is that any different then what Calvin Johnson does? The reason why Johnson is always catching balls over 2-3 defenders is because he doesn't run good routes, he just the absolute best WR in the league at going up, and snatching balls at its highest point, and physical enough to hold onto it with 3 guys draped on him. So if Evans can do half of that he is worth a high 1st.

How is that any different then what Calvin Johnson does? The reason why Johnson is always catching balls over 2-3 defenders is because he doesn't run good routes, he just the absolute best WR in the league at going up, and snatching balls at its highest point, and physical enough to hold onto it with 3 guys draped on him. So if Evans can do half of that he is worth a high 1st.

Evans isnt on the same planet athletically as Megatron. Johnson's a once in a lifetime type of talent. Randy Moss is the only guy with that type of size who was more athletic, that I've seen.

Evans isnt on the same planet athletically as Megatron. Johnson's a once in a lifetime type of talent. Randy Moss is the only guy with that type of size who was more athletic, that I've seen.

That's why I said if he is half as good as C Johnson lol.

I've been on the Evans' bandwagon since the end of last year, but it's a legitimate concern to worry about the separation he's going to be getting at the next level.  There have been plenty of big WRs who absolutely dominated college football and then flopped when they got to the pros: guys like Dwayne Jarret, Mike Williams, Limas Sweed, James Hardy and Ramses Barden immediately come to mind. 

Evans has more lateral agility than most of the aforementioned guys, but it's still something you have to worry about. There are obvious comparisons to vincent jackson, but jackson absolutely blew up the combine and was an athletic freak, it's quite possible Evans is not of that mold and could be another Big Mike Williams.  Lee has been my favorite WR over the last couple of years and my football-wet-dream, but the more I see of sammy watkins, the more he just proves he's the most explosive and talented receiver in this class.  He'll be long gone by the time we pick, but I still would rather Lee or Watkins above Evans.

I've been on the Evans' bandwagon since the end of last year, but it's a legitimate concern to worry about the separation he's going to be getting at the next level.  There have been plenty of big WRs who absolutely dominated college football and then flopped when they got to the pros: guys like Dwayne Jarret, Mike Williams, Limas Sweed, James Hardy and Ramses Barden immediately come to mind. 

Evans has more lateral agility than most of the aforementioned guys, but it's still something you have to worry about. There are obvious comparisons to vincent jackson, but jackson absolutely blew up the combine and was an athletic freak, it's quite possible Evans is not of that mold and could be another Big Mike Williams.  Lee has been my favorite WR over the last couple of years and my football-wet-dream, but the more I see of sammy watkins, the more he just proves he's the most explosive and talented receiver in this class.  He'll be long gone by the time we pick, but I still would rather Lee or Watkins above Evans.

From what I've read Evans blows away those named big sized players in speed, and athleticism, all scouts compare him to VJax, so IF he blows up the combine I would venture to guess he will go 1st among WR's, and possibly in the first 7 picks. If he has a bad combine he will probably end up having an amazing pro day (most do, it's like the stop watches are rigged), and still go in the teens of the 1st round 2nd, or 3rd overall at the WR position.

As for Watkins I agree dude is an explosive playmaker, but I see another guy who is just as explosive, and gets no attention, and can be had in the 2nd, or 3rd round if he declares Junior WR from Oregon St. Brandin Cooks. Look him up, and check out his highlight videos somewhere dude is the goods like Watkins IMO.

Also WR from Vanderbilt Jordan Mathews is a very comparable player to Mike Evans, and will probably go late 1st to somewhere in the 2nd depending on combine, not as fast, but just as big, and just as good going up, and attacking the ball with his hands, and coming down with them over defenders.

Another late 2st to early 3rd rounder to look at is the kid from Penn St. Allen Robinson. Kid has gone super under the radar, probably because of the whole NCAA penalties Penn St. Deservedly has, but this kid can play, and has had his biggest games in the biggest games (had 10+catches for over 150 yards VS Ohio St.).

It's a good year to need a WR draft wise, the challenge is figuring out who are the Vincent Jackson's/Antonio Brown's of the draft, and who are the Mike Williams'/Ted Ginn Jr's. Jets HAVE to get it right this year at the WR position which ever Round/Round's they decide to address it.

Archived