Rapist Jameis(?) (Florida is a skanky perdition swamp)

T0mShane

The judge threw the book at him and after he plead guilty was sentenced to 75 years, but it was all over the news for a while. A lot of the NYPD and media were vilifying her as a "slut" and that she met him the night before etc. and it wasn't until he plead guilty that people started "shifting to her side." 

I heard her speak yesterday and it was extremely intense: all I could think of was how if it were one of my cousins or friends in her place, how I'd take a bat to that person's f*cking knees and not think twice. I just couldn't fathom how the jurors could vote for forced anal and oral but yet say ehhh, maybe she was confused about the vaginal part. Her father was in attendance and not having kids, I have to imagine that's the hardest thing in the world next to the actual victim.

why did he end up pleading guilty? piece of sh*t.

Not to grill you, but there are a couple of points I would just like to know:

A.  So we can assume that everyone who comes into your hospital claiming rape gets their case involved with police?

B.  Does the "go to trial" number include those who pled guilty to lesser offenses and avoided trial?  My understanding is that is the way most cases are disposed of.  If say, 50% of those accused of rape go to jail on a reduced charge, then you could say that in half the complaints, some punishment was meted out.

Again,not arguing, just want to know.

Again, poor choice of words on my part. Ten percent of our hospital (of the 2000 or so cases) and 7% of the cases nation wide ever take any sort of legal action (which includes talking to the police, plea deals etc.). The vast majority of the 100 people who come in each year (we do get about 10 or so males who come in as well and you don't have to imagine how difficult it is for a man to admit it happened, let alone file a report), don't even file a police report, so at that point there's not any way any further action can be taken. From discussing the situation with so many victims, most of them only come in because a witness, family member or friend brought them in. The first instinct is always to go home and shower (which unfortunately destroys most evidence) and just never tell anyone; this is mainly because they want to forget about it and they blame themselves for drinking, being out at dark, being out in the morning or being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Victim guilt is huge in these cases. 

why did he end up pleading guilty? piece of sh*t.

I can't remember why, all I remember from the case was that he plead guilty to predatory assault, but the mistrial was actually on the rape (that was where the two jurors were hung up). I know the biggest reason that he got as much time as he did was that he held her at gunpoint, which in most (all?) states further escalates the sexual assault charges.  I'm by no means a lawyer, so I don't know all the terms, it was just one of the hardest things I've heard in a while. This tiny little girl sat there and talked in front of 130 people about how the guy held her at gun point and anally, orally and vaginally raped her: and then you hear of some getting off after a year or less. It sucks. 

I remember earlier this year there was a case where a man walked in on someone raping his daughter and he killed the guy (i believe texas?). The jury eventually acquitted him or just sentenced him to time served or something along those lines. I just kept thinking, I would absolutely take a bat to whomever did that and gladly do some time.

I can't remember why, all I remember from the case was that he plead guilty to predatory assault, but the mistrial was actually on the rape (that was where the two jurors were hung up). I know the biggest reason that he got as much time as he did was that he held her at gunpoint, which in most (all?) states further escalates the sexual assault charges.  I'm by no means a lawyer, so I don't know all the terms, it was just one of the hardest things I've heard in a while. This tiny little girl sat there and talked in front of 130 people about how the guy held her at gun point and anally, orally and vaginally raped her: and then you hear of some getting off after a year or less. It sucks. 

I remember earlier this year there was a case where a man walked in on someone raping his daughter and he killed the guy (i believe texas?). The jury eventually acquitted him or just sentenced him to time served or something along those lines. I just kept thinking, I would absolutely take a bat to whomever did that and gladly do some time.

yeah there's no way a guy who kills the man raping his daughter should ever do time

• 3 weeks later...

first: her fuzzy memory - she was drinking. two dna samples found on her. one was winston. the other was ?. that's not good to get a conviction. it also makes me think something DID happen to her.

second: she reported this but wasn't she told by the cops that (paraphrasing here) bad things happen to girls who accuse star football players of rape? she supposedly didn't want to press charges and this somehow came to light again when some new evidence came out.

third: rape is probably the worst thing that could ever happen to me. you can argue murder, but I'm not sure that's true. with rape, nobody believes you. it's hard to prove, especially if you're drugged, and it's especially complicated if you know the person (and most victims are raped by someone they know). people call you a liar and a slut and ask you what you were wearing and say you deserved it, as if your skirt being tight or short means it's A-OK for some guy to act like an animal. if you accuse and charges aren't filed (because it IS hard to prove) you're automatically demonized and lying and it didn't happen to you. most rapes aren't reported. I understand why.

and I know girls who have been raped. neither reported it except to go to the hospital and get examined and to get meds, because they give you all kinds of medication (anti-STD stuff). and they aren't the same now. they're ok, but they aren't the same.

first: her fuzzy memory - she was drinking. two dna samples found on her. one was winston. the other was ?. that's not good to get a conviction. it also makes me think something DID happen to her.

second: she reported this but wasn't she told by the cops that (paraphrasing here) bad things happen to girls who accuse star football players of rape? she supposedly didn't want to press charges and this somehow came to light again when some new evidence came out.

third: rape is probably the worst thing that could ever happen to me. you can argue murder, but I'm not sure that's true. with rape, nobody believes you. it's hard to prove, especially if you're drugged, and it's especially complicated if you know the person (and most victims are raped by someone they know). people call you a liar and a slut and ask you what you were wearing and say you deserved it, as if your skirt being tight or short means it's A-OK for some guy to act like an animal. if you accuse and charges aren't filed (because it IS hard to prove) you're automatically demonized and lying and it didn't happen to you. most rapes aren't reported. I understand why.

and I know girls who have been raped. neither reported it except to go to the hospital and get examined and to get meds, because they give you all kinds of medication (anti-STD stuff). and they aren't the same now. they're ok, but they aren't the same.

her boyfriends

No one will defend rape, but if this girl is lying, she should be thrown down a well.

No one will defend rape, but if this girl is lying, she should be thrown down a well.

except that the main reaction of most people is this one, and it's hard to prove. no one will "defend rape" but people will come up with every reason on earth to call you a liar and condemn you, especially if you're accusing a favorite athlete and especially if you weren't videotaped being kidnapped, beaten, andraped while held at gunpoint. some girls lie about being raped. most don't. something like 2-8% of claims are false. the FBI has stats, but I can't find them on my phone.

1st off, she didn't want to press charges till TMZ got hold of it and ran with it.

2nd, her blood alcohol was .04, not 1.0

3rd, there were no drugs found in the toxicology report and

4th, no-one got paid off, there just wasn't enough evidence to go to court with.

TOm, Im glad u don't like Florida, we don't like you either.

1st off, she didn't want to press charges till TMZ got hold of it and ran with it.

4th, no-one got paid off, there just wasn't enough evidence to go to court with.

5th, strong possibility of "White Girl Shame" - daddy found out I like to freak with black men!!

6th, the two affadavits that confirmed consensual sex

7th, just another T0m Shane thread fail

except that the main reaction of most people is this one, and it's hard to prove. no one will "defend rape" but people will come up with every reason on earth to call you a liar and condemn you, especially if you're accusing a favorite athlete and especially if you weren't videotaped being kidnapped, beaten, andraped while held at gunpoint. some girls lie about being raped. most don't. something like 2-8% of claims are false. the FBI has stats, but I can't find them on my phone.

It's hard to say how many false accusations are our there, because the various studies out there have wildly different stats:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

Some say less than 2 %.  Others say it's nearly half.  One had it at 90 %.  The 1996 FBI report had it between 2-8 %, as you say.  But even that report had problems:

"This statistic is almost meaningless, as many of the jurisdictions from which the FBI collects data on crime use different definitions of, or criteria for, "unfounded." That is, a report of rape might be classified as unfounded (rather than as forcible rape) if the alleged victim did not try to fight off the suspect, if the alleged perpetrator did not use physical force or a weapon of some sort, if the alleged victim did not sustain any physical injuries, or if the alleged victim and the accused had a prior sexual relationship. Similarly, a report might be deemed unfounded if there is no physical evidence or too many inconsistencies between the accuser's statement and what evidence does exist. As such, although some unfounded cases of rape may be false or fabricated, not all unfounded cases are false."[2]

You are definitely correct when you talked about the victim KNOWING the perpetrator.  A girl who is a good friend of mine was engaged to a guy who cheated on her.  When she confronted him about it, he raped her, and he ended up giving her HPV as a result.  Ruined her life.

actually they used an equation while not perfect still got the blood alchohol level I'd say closer to what it was at the time of the alleged crime. using her body weight they accounted for how fast the alcohol would burn off. it was .4 when tested hours after the crime took place so they said it would have been around a 1.0

Prosecutor cites woman's 'memory lapses' in Jameis Winston case

BY JOHN KENNEDY

Palm Beach PostDecember 6, 2013 Updated 2 hours ago

•  

TALLAHASSEE, FLA — TALLAHASSEE, Fla. _ Florida State University quarterback and Heisman Trophy front-runner Jameis Winston will not face sexual assault charges stemming from a year-ago incident in which a woman accused him of rape, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Tallahassee-area State Attorney Willie Meggs said the case against Winston was not sufficient to bring to trial. He pointed to problems in the accuser's recollection of events from the encounter of nearly a year ago.

"We came to the decision that it was not a case we could bring forward because we would not have the burden of proof, the probable cause and the reasonable likelihood of a conviction," Meggs told a packed news conference, broadcast live on ESPN.

Winston's DNA was found in the underwear of the accuser, who at the time of Dec. 7, 2012 incident, was a 19-year-old Florida State student.

The woman called police soon after their encounter and said she had been raped, although she said she did not know her assailant's name. Winston later told investigators the two had consensual sex.

The case largely lapsed for months, raising questions about the Tallahassee Police Department's handling of it.

But Meggs' three-week-long investigation has played out under a glaring national spotlight, with Winston's Heisman hopes and FSU's national title prospects seen as hanging in the balance.

In the end, Meggs said he didn't have "sufficient evidence to go forward."

"Her recall of the events of that night have been moving around a good bit," Meggs said. "There were memory lapses. There were issues."

All told, Meggs said, "Her testimony has some problems with it ... which leads us to the point we did not feel that we could move forward with it."

Winston's attorney, Tim Jansen, said the prosecutor's decision supported his client's long-held stance.

"We believed from Day 1 ... that this was a consensual act between Mr. Winston and a young woman," Jansen said. "We have never wavered on that."

Jansen also said, "Her story just does not add up."

Patricia Carroll, a Tampa-area attorney for the accuser, said in a statement that "the victim and her family appreciate the state attorney's efforts in attempting to conduct a proper investigation after an inordinate delay by the Tallahassee Police Department."

But Carroll added, "The victim has grave concerns that her experience, as it unfolded in the public eye and through social media, will discourage other victims of rape from coming forward and reporting."

Winston, a 19-year-old redshirt freshman, has thrived on the field in his first season as FSU's quarterback, leading 12-0 Florida State to a No. 1 ranking in the BCS standings. The Seminoles play Duke in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game Saturday in Charlotte, N.C. A victory would put them in the BCS championship game Jan. 6 in Pasadena, Calif.

"It's been difficult to stay silent through this process, but I never lost faith in the truth and in who I am," Winston said in a statement released by his attorney.

FSU policy would have barred Winston from playing had he been charged with a felony in the case.

Many Heisman voters were waiting to see whether Winston would be charged with a crime before casting their ballots. The deadline for ballots is Monday, and the trophy is awarded Dec. 14.

On Thursday, a search warrant from January was released just hours before Meggs' news conference and detailed the woman's accusations for the first time.

She told police that she had five to six shots at a bar and her "memory is very broken from that point forward." She said she remembered being in a cab with a "nondescript" black man before going into an apartment where she said she was raped.

Tests taken several hours after the incident revealed that the woman had a blood-alcohol level that would not render her legally intoxicated, although Meggs said that level might have been higher earlier. There also were no signs of drugs in her system, Meggs said.

Newly revealed DNA evidence showed the woman had sex with a second man on the night in question, Meggs said. He said it was a boyfriend, "but she wouldn't tell me who her boyfriend was. But being a true investigator, we found out."

Meggs and Jansen both indicated the situation of a second sexual partner played a crucial role in the decision not to charge.

Jansen said she had not earlier acknowledged a second encounter to investigators.

"She never indicated that," Jansen said. "It goes back to her memory."

He added, "She gave multiple statements ... and at no point did she ever say there was more than one person" involved.

But some women's advocates questioned the lack of charges in the case.

Joan Waitkevicz, a board member with the Palm Beach County chapter of NOW, said she did not have detailed knowledge of the Winston case, but was "very skeptical" that a woman would fabricate a rape claim.

"What would motivate someone to go to the police if she did not perceive that she had been victimized? What earthly reason would she have to put herself in that kind of trouble?" Waitkevicz said.

Nita Chaudhary, co-founder of the national women's group UltraViolet, issued a statement condemning the decision.

"It takes a lot of courage to speak out about being raped, and it doesn't help when your rapist scores touchdowns for your college every weekend and is a national sports star," Chaudhary said.

But at the Leon County Courthouse, within minutes of Meggs' decision being announced, a handful of FSU students gathered to praise Winston.

"We're just here to show our support for him," said Zach Smith, a 22-year-old FSU senior from Boca Raton. "We're not trying to make light of the case, or say anything bad about the accuser.

"But the court of public opinion had found Jameis guilty before he was charged with anything. That's not right, either," Smith said.

___

Shes tryna get paid son

Let's not cast aspersions on a possible victim unless you were there and KNOW the absolute facts, I wouldn't go saying things like that. What if it was your sister, or daughter. I think you would have a much different reaction.

Archived