Jets about to sign Ed Reed

HessStation

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on, everyone knows that if Smith just wasn't slow as sh*t, was actually capable of covering any player ever, and didn't constantly trip on absolutely nothing, than him and Reed would totally be pretty much the same player... except for the part where Reed would still be 1000 times better in that case.

Well, Ed Reed could never have his back to the QB 40yds away and get the PI when the ball hits him in the back of his ankle. That takes talent

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't want him back he was terriable. ! Ryan needs to understand when to move on from players he's way to loyal to them when they can't play anymore

I thought he really came on toward the end of the season.  Plus, as mentioned above, at the veteran minimum, if he makes our other young safeties and very high picked CBs better, then why not? He wasn't the Ed Reed of old, but he wasn't a glaring liability. 

I thought he really came on toward the end of the season.  Plus, as mentioned above, at the veteran minimum, if he makes our other young safeties and very high picked CBs better, then why not? He wasn't the Ed Reed of old, but he wasn't a glaring liability.

This

Also he will have another full offseason to heal that surgically repaired hip, he probably never fully healed last year by coming back to soon, and maybe he has another year, or two of good football left if that gets healed 100%. Again Maybe, and if that's not the case the deal should be structured where cutting him in preseason won't have serious cap ramifications.

Rodney Harrison played until he was 37, IIRC. 

If his hip checks out, his production can only improve.  As it stands, he came into a new (but familiar) system halfway through the year and matched the production of our best defensive backs, recording 3 interceptions to tie the leader-board.  (Cromartie and Milliner also lead the team with 3 interceptions). 

The problem I have with Reed is that he seems like he is a situational player now, but he was playing every down. 

What was probably the most saddening about this was that Allen was clearly the better player. If Rex wanted to keep Reed on the team to help out, fine, but handing him Allen's job when he'd clearly done enough to keep it, and then even after when it was obvious that he'd downgraded, was ****ed up.

What was probably the most saddening about this was that Allen was clearly the better player. If Rex wanted to keep Reed on the team to help out, fine, but handing him Allen's job when he'd clearly done enough to keep it, and then even after when it was obvious that he'd downgraded, was ****ed up.

I know it is my point, but I'm not so sure that it was *that* clear.  Allen did a nice job in a couple of games, but there is no denying that the Jets got 8 of their 15 turnovers after the bye during the 7 games after Reed arrived.  They got 7 of those in the 5 games he started and Reed himself had 3.  I like Allen, but he may be one of those players that is doing things wrong that they see on film but we don't notice.  The trouble is that what Reed is doing wrong (slow, bad angles, not exactly tackling like Jack Tatum) is so easy to see.

Archived