Why Rex Ryan deserves to be fired....

deucebag

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything that has been written about that draft says rex pushed for and was in love with Sanchez. All lies?

how can a man be so clueless and disinvolved with the offense that he's pushing for a trade up to get Sanchez to be the FQB?

One of those statements has to be false.

how can a man be so clueless and disinvolved with the offense that he's pushing for a trade up to get Sanchez to be the FQB?

One of those statements has to be false.

He actually was involved with the offense early (partly to the team's demise).

If you did not read how enamored Rex was with Sanchez, and how much he liked the kid as a pick, the articles are out there. Rex sure did talk a big game, even before he coached one.

I have always been a big Rex supporter. Rex has done more with terrible QB play than most coaches could ever dream of doing, it's pretty much undeniable.

That said, my biggest problem with Rex is that we are deep into year 5,  and our QB situation is dreadful. I don't think Rex has ever believed he needs a top flight QB to win a SB. He is so egotistical about his defense, he really believes that an average offense will net him a SB.

While I think he is a top flight Defensive mind, I question whether or not he has really adapted to the modern NFL.

Now you can say this is the job of the GM, and while I agree, the HC absolutely must be screaming for a QB until he gets one. What we have seen is the opposite, he was not only content with Sanchez, but seemed to stand up for him. 

I honestly believe we think Rex would do great with a decent QB, but he thinks I would do great if I had a better secondary to go along with my great line.

The HC absolutely has to take some heat for the offensive situation after 5 years. If he cannot recognize that his GM is not getting an offense in place that can win, he needs to demand it. But Rex is fine with it as long as he gets corners and lineman.

I don't see how even the greatest Rex supporters in the world (Jif and JF80) miss this point, and deflect blame on the offense to everyone but Rex.

5 years off having the worst Qb in the league and you really dont think Rex gets that you need a good QB?

Okay....

He knows damn well he'd have multiple SB's with a real QB.   

Name the last team to win without 3 first round picks on the D line? and Rex has then paying pretty well. I think it's a big ridiculous not to give him at least 5 more years to work out the kinks and maybe Idzuck will give him a few players to help his secondary. Rex can't cover receivers and coach

Think coaching that mentality had anything to do with his development?

No coincidence.

Dude, you can't be ******* serious with this sh*t.  Alex Smith?  GTFO with this bullsh*t already.  You want to fire Rex?  Fine, but Dave & Buster's makes more sense than the fact that Alex Smith can win games in this league, especially from you spouting that you NEED O and can't win the big one with just D.  

Name the last team to win without 3 first round picks on the D line? and Rex has then paying pretty well. I think it's a big ridiculous not to give him at least 5 more years to work out the kinks and maybe Idzuck will give him a few players to help his secondary. Rex can't cover receivers and coach

The Jets need to keep firing coaches every 5 years cause that's the key to success in the NFL. 

Dude, you can't be ******* serious with this sh*t.  Alex Smith?  GTFO with this bullsh*t already.  You want to fire Rex?  Fine, but Dave & Buster's makes more sense than the fact that Alex Smith can win games in this league, especially from you spouting that you NEED O and can't win the big one with just D.  

When Rex actually did "Red Yellow, Green" with Sanchez, it actually worked for a while.

The point is, coaches can win with less than premiere qb's, it is not impossible. But you also have to preach mistake free.

Granted, it is not the preferred mode, but Rex is not the only hamstrung coach without a qb (and part of that fault may reside with him). 

Keeping the wrong coach isn't the key to success either. 

The "Right" coach won't take this job cause this job sucks. Period. All i hear from people is how Rex should be fired but who would want this job, sharing a stadium, in a media market full of vipers, with no QB and a meddlesome owner? This job is awful and this team is historically a joke. 

meanwhile by winning percentage, Rex is the second best coach in Jets history behind Tuna.(if you throw out Groh's 1 year).  He has the most playoff wins too. Let's talk about the context, define success and let's also talk about why 5-5 with this roster is grounds for firing.  and then let's talk about the realistic alternatives. bottom line the only people who want this job are first time head coaches or hopeless retreads. HC Marty Morninwheg anyone? 

The "Right" coach won't take this job cause this job sucks. Period. All i hear from people is how Rex should be fired but who would want this job, sharing a stadium, in a media market full of vipers, with no QB and a meddlesome owner? This job is awful and this team is historically a joke. 

meanwhile by winning percentage, Rex is the second best coach in Jets history behind Tuna.(if you throw out Groh's 1 year).  He has the most playoff wins too. Let's talk about the context, define success and let's also talk about why 5-5 with this roster is grounds for firing.  and then let's talk about the realistic alternatives. bottom line the only people who want this job are first time head coaches or hopeless retreads. HC Marty Morninwheg anyone? 

.531 is not making anyone salivate.

If yo u accept mediocrity, you will continue to receive it back.

The Saints were a laughingstock when Payton took that job. 

Rex's weaknesses: anything offense, anything special teams, clock managment, time out and challenge management, and team motivating

I list motivation in both because we routinely see him get the team way up for one game, then they come out dead flat for another. He's got this team bipolar in that regard.

Let's talk about the challenge part of that. Besides our personal feelings, how do we know that challenges are a weakness for Rex? I couldn't find this stat anywhere, but I'd like to know what Rex's % is for his career vs. the league average over that time. I'm guessing that this is not really a weakness for him, and that he's about average in this category.

The only thing I was able to dig up on this was this outdated article. If you scroll down, you'll see that Rex was 3 for 9 (33%) on challenges in 2010, which was well below average that year (though not the worst).

But before you leap to conclusions, it also shows 2011, where he was 9 for 10 (90%), the highest percentage in the league that year for coaches that threw at least 2 challenge flags.

Any coach who pays more attention to signing a washed up safety as opposed to game planning and motivating his players in the week leading up to his teams biggest game of the year deserves to be kicked to the curb.

This was the Steelers playoff game all over again.

He is a waste of a HC.

So the Jets are f'ed because we do not have Drew Brees, and that is why we should retain Rex?

What are you trying to say?

the dude brought up Sean Payton, who arrived and signed Drew Brees. It was literally his first move and the move that was most important to turning that franchise around. I want to know who the next Drew Brees is, in this mental exercise.

Archived