Trent Dilfer: "The NFL product sucks."

T0mShane

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2117/7827/1984548/vanpeltaudio_2013-11-19-170148-3953-0-1-0.32.mp3?cdn_id=33&uuid=d5d7b3e8c0c641f830df8d0ed1a483a3&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fm.espn.go.com%2Fgeneral%2Fplay%3Fid%3D10002314

Great audio there of Dilfer on SVP and Rusillo keeping it real on how officiating and rules changes have ruined the game. Surprised to see an NFL talking head go after Goodell so hard.

The recent officiating has been some of the worst I have seen in my years of watching the games

Can you blame the officials thou? Their being told rules are changing, interpreted differently, or oh it's time to start calling this penalty weekly!. The agenda, and confusion comes from above, and the Refs are just a product of the defunct managing Commish, and his office.

I kind of agree w/ Dilfer.  There are much fewer kickoff returns plus many hard hits are now penalties.  That being said, I understand the rules changes because all these former players were getting brain damage.  Jim McMahon sits in a dark room all the time and I think he said he wished he'd been a baseball player.  Mike Webster was living under a bridge.  Another former player said something along the lines of he forgets some route he drives every day (I think taking his kids to school).  Then you've got guys like Aaron Hernandez.  Maybe what he did was not related to football but then another player (I think a Raven) just retired saying he was having these visions of killing people a la Aaron Hernandez and that's why he had to retire.  It's crazy.

for me I think the real problem lies in whoever came up with the new rules.

to many times there are judgment calls (did he lead with head, how late is to late to hit, did he hit below knee). there need s to be clear cut yes or no rules. besides that they need more refs/tv ref imo these guys can't see what's going on way across the field or just by not having the right angel

If you have people making the picks who are incapable of picking anything other than DL and terrible CB's why not?

Well we'll see. 2014 will be the first year with the new scouting team. Idzik drafted his first class using the prior FO's scouts' advice (for better or worse).

Not even playing the optimist, I think there's about a zero chance Idzik doesn't make significant changes/additions to our pass-catching crew.

Well we'll see. 2014 will be the first year with the new scouting team. Idzik drafted his first class using the prior FO's scouts' advice (for better or worse).

Not even playing the optimist, I think there's about a zero chance Idzik doesn't make significant changes/additions to our pass-catching crew.

It won't matter with this HC and QB. 

he seems to be a slave to bpa in the early rounds.  I expect he will make a run at jimmy graham or other wepinz as FA's

wouldn't surprise me if he drafted any position in the first round worthy of a first rd pick with the possible exception of LT and DL

he seems to be a slave to bpa in the early rounds.  I expect he will make a run at jimmy graham or other wepinz as FA's

wouldn't surprise me if he drafted any position in the first round worthy of a first rd pick with the possible exception of LT

If they draft another first round CB or DL with the embarrassing joke that this offense is, it's a cry for help. 

If they draft another first round CB or DL with the embarrassing joke that this offense is, it's a cry for help. 

I added DL as an edit.  this is assuming they spend a lot of FA cash on wepinz before the draft and if cro is gone, the offense will need to score 45 a game with wilson and milliner starting

wouldn't surprise me if he drafted any position in the first round worthy of a first rd pick with the possible exception of LT and DL

LMAO @ the idea that Jimmy Graham would sign here with the pathetic QB and coaching situation. 

he seems to be a slave to bpa in the early rounds. I expect he will make a run at jimmy graham or other wepinz as FA's

wouldn't surprise me if he drafted any position in the first round worthy of a first rd pick with the possible exception of LT

I don't know what his MO is. All we know is what he did in year 1 of a teardown/rebuild project where we had 20-30 roster spots expecting turnover within the first 2 years of his being hired.

In other words, he may or may not go pure BPA in year 2 of the rebuild as strictly as he did in year 1. I think it is safe to say he had ZERO concern for the team's record this year and we just trying to build using the best players he & the scouts felt were available.

The theory behind it is sound. I wouldn't want to draft Brandon Pettigrew over Clay Matthews because we have a bigger need at TE that year.

Of course if you whiff on your BPA then none of that matters anyway.

I don't know what his MO is. All we know is what he did in year 1 of a teardown/rebuild project where we had 20-30 roster spots expecting turnover within the first 2 years of his being hired.

In other words, he may or may not go pure BPA in year 2 of the rebuild as strictly as he did in year 1. I think it is safe to say he had ZERO concern for the team's record this year and we just trying to build using the best players he & the scouts felt were available.

The theory behind it is sound. I wouldn't want to draft Brandon Pettigrew over Clay Matthews because we have a bigger need at TE that year.

This draft looks horrendous behind Richardson. They aren't getting any production from any other draft pick. 

agree, and add that it is significant he has new scouts, but the hawks took a very deliberate build for the future approach, and he has said that's what he wants to do here.  

from a recruiting perspective, he may dump rex just to sell the team to wepinz that you won't come here to rot on the vine

anyway it sucks to be talking draft before turkey day

Archived