Hill benched

Kleckineau

In this offense, the quarterback throws to a spot, not to the receiver, per se. Hill not being on his spot when the ball gets there ruins the play.

I agree, And in my original analysis, I stated that if Hills Route running, or inability to get seperation was contributing to his lack of production, then I said that he would then also have to share some fault.

I'm quite sure that it is a combination of both, but yet if both are to blame, then why is only one being benched and not the other? Maybe because Idzik drafted Geno, but did not draft Hill? Just speculation, but no other explanantion seems feasible at this point.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, And in my original analysis, I stated that if Hills Route running, or inability to get seperation was contributing to his lack of production, then I said that he would then also have to share some fault.

I'm quite sure that it is a combination of both, but yet if both are to blame, then why is only one being benched and not the other? Maybe because Idzik drafted Geno, but did not draft Hill? Just speculation, but no other explanantion seems feasible at this point.

Because Geno has enough to worry about other than whether or not Stephen Hill has learned how to get off the line and into his pattern.

Because Hill is in his 2nd year with no improvement and maybe showing some worsening of technique but Smith is a rookie having played but 10 games ?  

Because Hill is in his 2nd year with no improvement and maybe showing some worsening of technique but Smith is a rookie having played but 10 games ?  

OK, I can accept both explanantions from you and Tom. Now, maybe the poster who I gave an anxiety attack to can now relax and not have to resort to Xanax, or some other synthetic medication.

If we had a legit #1 WR Hill would be so much better yes or no?

Possibly. One poster suggested that If Tavon Austin wasnt taken right before the Jets at #9, that maybe we would have taken him and then quite possibly we would have a #1. Also, maybe since GENO threw to him on about every other play at WV, that they would have had some chemistry here. All that is an afterthought now as this team seems to love to draft Defense and ignore needs like a #1 receiver, dynamic running back, or franchise QB. we shall see.

OK, I can accept both explanantions from you and Tom. Now, maybe the poster who I gave an anxiety attack to can now relax and not have to resort to Xanax, or some other synthetic medication.

BTW, benched is b/s. He may not be on the field  for the 1st play of the 1st series but he will get plenty of snaps. The NYJ are too thin at WR to leave him on the sideline.

BTW, benched is b/s. He may not be on the field  for the 1st play of the 1st series but he will get plenty of snaps. The NYJ are too thin at WR to leave him on the sideline.

I agree, the term "benched" in foot ball is much different thatn say baseball or basketball, where a benching is just that.

With WR, as soon as you go to your spread with 4 or 5 recievers, then they all play, or with D-backs when you go to your nickle or dime package, they all play.

About the only position in football where a player is actually "benched" is QB, and thats a different discussion in another thread.

Polamalu exposed how soft Hill is. After taking a good shot, instead of bouncing up quick and giving the old "is that all you got" look to Troy, he kicked his feet up and down and looked like he wanted his mommy. I just think this guy is afraid of contact.

maybe he got the wind knocked out of him, tough guy. Geno was also laying there on the ground after a hit last week - is he a wimp? Hill's problem is that he only looks good when he's running, but when he has to try to catch the ball or make moves, he seems kind of goofy.

maybe he got the wind knocked out of him, tough guy. Geno was also laying there on the ground after a hit last week - is he a wimp? Hill's problem is that he only looks good when he's running, but when he has to try to catch the ball or make moves, he seems kind of goofy.

It might be a little harsh calling him out for that Polamalu hit, it was a good shot but I will stand by my position that the guy is soft.

Archived