Kill the Ape

The Crusher

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG you whiney bitch.  I used to drive to Upstate NY from Virginia with a 3month, 18 month, 3 year old and 4 year old.  8 hours up if your lucky.  wah wah wah. Welcome to thunderdome bitch....!!!!!

That's a nice story. I've been driving and flying to visit relatives every holiday and for over 50% of my weekends for nearly 20 years. When my wife and decided to finally have kids, we thought others in our family would step up and share some of the travel burden. If I can't vent about them letting us down here, where else can I vent about it?

You gotta tell your family what's up dude. We stopped doing that stuff after about four years of aggrevating holiday seasons. It is not supposed to be a time of tension and heightened frustration.

The thing that bothers me most... for months (going back to the 2nd trimester) we had been telling them all we are having Christmas here, in our new house, with our new baby... and they can and should all come up. This is my side, not hers.

Nobody took us up on the offer. My parents stopped in on their way from NY to Maine to see the baby twice (they are in the middle of buying a home up there). My brother, who I had planned to make the baby's godfather hasn't come up to see her at all yet. He got a new job, has weekends off, but is "overwhelmed". 

So, with us not planning to come to NY... the family basically made zero plans for the holiday. I called an audible and said we need to have one last Christmas in the house we grew up in before it gets sold this coming year... and so once again, it's all on us to put it together, drive down there, etc, etc.

I'm just astonished that my family basically just seems to have stopped giving a sh*t. It's a huge letdown, because her family back in the midwest wouldn't be like this... they'd love to be close enough to be with us. My family has the opportunity, and squanders it.

Actually watching him cry himself to death might be more fun. 

Hey do me a favor, pick different subject matter to bust my balls about. I don't want my family to be the center of dooshbaggery here if you don't mind, I'm looking for insight on if there's anything I can do.... if you have none then stfu.

The thing that bothers me most... for months (going back to the 2nd trimester) we had been telling them all we are having Christmas here, in our new house, with our new baby... and they can and should all come up. This is my side, not hers.

Nobody took us up on the offer. My parents stopped in on their way from NY to Maine to see the baby twice (they are in the middle of buying a home up there). My brother, who I had planned to make the baby's godfather hasn't come up to see her at all yet. He got a new job, has weekends off, but is "overwhelmed". 

So, with us not planning to come to NY... the family basically made zero plans for the holiday. I called an audible and said we need to have one last Christmas in the house we grew up in before it gets sold this coming year... and so once again, it's all on us to put it together, drive down there, etc, etc.

I'm just astonished that my family basically just seems to have stopped giving a sh*t. It's a huge letdown, because her family back in the midwest wouldn't be like this... they'd love to be close enough to be with us. My family has the opportunity, and squanders it.

You are an ahole and your family hates you, which is why they don't care.

Hope that Helps. <3

Hey do me a favor, pick different subject matter to bust my balls about. I don't want my family to be the center of dooshbaggery here if you don't mind, I'm looking for insight on if there's anything I can do.... if you have none then stfu.

woops lol

Crusher is the snowman

If you want to make it a debate, the right stance would be Crusher as Santa. That much is obvious. Everyone loves him, his wife wants to feed him all the time, he's fat. I only said Crusher as the elephant because I needed to make JIF the dolly girl. 

See, the big scary mean loud abominable... who is in fact a big wimpy baby... is much more in line with my own persona.

My having to have to explain this to you is unfortunate... You ruin everything.

Plane = Jetscode (evasive, with a single prop)

Train = Smashmouth (one track mind, full head of steam)

Doll = JIF (girl)

Elephant = JF80 (soft, pudgy and huggable)

Jackass in box = CTM (needs no explanation)

Yukon Cornelius = Crusher (keeps abominable in line, fat)

Santa = also Crusher (always being fed by his wife, fat, everyone loves him)

Abominable = Me (big mean scary, all bark no bite)

Clarice = Leelou (of course)

Rudolph = DPR (annoying, but everyone follows him and sh*t)

Hermie = Hess (misunderstood)

Sam the Snowman = BG (narrates... long winded)

Elf foreman = Pac (nobody likes him, he thinks we all listen to him)

King Moonracer = Verbal (king of the misfits, aka DMers)

Doll = JIF (girl)

Perfection.  Except I don't accept Verbal as my leader.  F*** DM.

That's a nice story. I've been driving and flying to visit relatives every holiday and for over 50% of my weekends for nearly 20 years. When my wife and decided to finally have kids, we thought others in our family would step up and share some of the travel burden. If I can't vent about them letting us down here, where else can I vent about it?

Then make up your mind you filthy faggot.  Do you want me to be sweet everybody loves me Crusher or the GFY Crusher who takes happy pills in real life to keep from strangling people? 

The insight is nobody understands what you go through as a new parent.  People who never did it don;t understand the amount of commitment and daily pressures of caring for a new baby.  Especially in your case were you also added a dog, a mortgage, a new car and all the brutality that go's along with home ownership.  People who have kids are of lesser help because they already did and secretly block it out and at the same time kind of enjoy watching newbies suffer a little. 

Bottom line is take the pressure off by being honest with people without the emotional stuff.  Don;t expect them to understand what your going through but INSIST they respect it.  Be honest.  Tell them your just getting use to the lifestyle change, your wife is feeding the baby every two hours and the whole thing is kicking your ass.  Then ignore what they tell you and make the decisions that best fits you and the new wife. 

Doll = JIF (girl)

Masterpiece. 

Archived