Everything I am hearing is 2 Horse race: Whisenhunt or Bevel

SouthernJet

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing from where?

Several beat writers mentioned Whisenhunt (Huge Rod Graves connection) and Bevel/idzik tight. Folks forget Bevel was in final interview stages with several teams last year. He is ready.

if I remember correctly, last year a beat writer or two mentioned Idzik wanted Bevel to come with him but Woody said 'Keep Rex or dont get Jets GM job'. Idzik blinked ;)

Either one would be fine with me. I would love to see Greg Williams paired with one of them too.

+1

Greg Williams is a Buddy Ryan disciple, which would allow us to have some continuity with the defense.  

If the trade rumors for Big Ben are true (and I don't think they are, mind you), Whisenhunt would be the logical choice.  

Bevell is the hot coordinator du jour.  I can see Woody preferring that over a retread. 

Oh that means he MUST be great, because he's the GM's crony and he had one good year with Larry ******* Fitzgerald and Boldin (who he didn't draft) and a hall of fame QB. 

wtf?? I am not lobbying, just saying what been said. calm down Oscar. LOL

(some things never change Phil, LOL)

John Gruden or Bill Cowher we need a legit head coach proven winner remember what Parcells did for this team no more project head coaches or WRs.

With Woody Johnson at the top of this organization neither Cowher or Gruden would come within a mile of this job. No QB, bad OL, no WR's. In other words a TOTAL offensive rebuilding job. Whisenhunt did a nice job in Arizona until he had no QB which is the situation he would walk into here.

John Gruden or Bill Cowher we need a legit head coach proven winner remember what Parcells did for this team no more project head coaches or WRs.

I doubt Idzik would hire any Gruden since Jon fired Idzik and others when he came to Tampa Bay.

Cowher, 'Probably' forget about it. Word here in Raleigh is he is telling folks he loves NYC (he is single now) since he's been coming up for Pregame shows, but is only interested IF he comes back to work for Giants. he says he found the value of stable ownership with Steelers/Rooneys and sees Giants/Mara in same vein. So since he is fond now of NYC I guess we have a shot if GMen dont have opening and Woody really over pays,  really really over pays, LOL

I doubt Idzik would hire any Gruden since Jon fired Idzik and others when he came to Tampa Bay.

Cowher, 'Probably' forget about it. Word here in Raleigh is he is telling folks he loves NYC (he is single now) since he's been coming up for Pregame shows, but is only interested IF he comes back to work for Giants. he says he found the value of stable ownership with Steelers/Rooneys and sees Giants/Mara in same vein. So since he is fond now of NYC I guess we have a shot if GMen dont have opening and Woody really over pays,  really really over pays, LOL

Cowher is a defensive coach. You can't have that in 2014 with the way the game is now. 

Cowher is a defensive coach. You can't have that in 2014 with the way the game is now. 

Again, I am not lobbying for him, but responded to someone elses post.

Agree that most Def HC's want to be conservative to set up thier Defense/field position and right now its not in thing.

I say no to Greg Williams. his bounty program was a disgrace....I don't want to be forced to root for douchebags

Ya, kind of sort of, I think he got caught doing what most 'did' ,eh, maybe he saw evil of his ways and he is a smart SOB, eh, 2nd chances, maybe ............... ;)

Why?

Lets start with his 10 - 30 record without Kurt Warner as his QB.

His offenses were a joke even with a top 2 WR in his prime.

I can't believe you guys would part ways with Rex for a guy that hasn't come close to fielding a playoff team without a HOF QB.

I think Bevel is Idzik 1st choice and Whisenhunt on list of other candidates

I don't really buy that man.  From what I've heard from Idzik I truly believe he knows this team is devoid of talent at the skill positions.  I also think he'll be addressing that soon enough.

The last 3 weeks have been a disgrace but Rex built up a lot of good will the first 8 games.  Provided we don't continue to implode I think Rex gets that extension he deserves.  Give him an average offense and see what happens.

2-2 or better Rex Ryan is your HC next year.

1-3 or worse and he just might take the fall.

Archived