Geno Smith starting this week (MERGED)

unbanmadmike1

This is in a nutshell why Simms should be playing. Not gonna pretend he's by any means perfect nor a lock to be an NFL starter.  But arms like that are very few, and seems that some of that adversity and stupidity have forced him to grow up. The idea we're wasting time indulging crappy Geno Smith because he's a 2nd rounder at the expense of Simms with that arm because he's a free agent is criminal mismanagement. You have an asset that is way more valuable and instead you're pretending something you overpaid for is somehow better merely because you overvalued the later. Simms deserves a few weeks of 1 reps to see what he can do. Small-minded defense scared Wrecks will NEVER learn, like his dumbass dad.

I said it in another thread last night, the Jets have very little invested in Geno Smith, just like they had very little (and it was actually more of an investment then Smith is) in K Clemens. He is a 2nd round pick that gets publicity by fans, and the local, and National media like he was a top 10 pick this year, it's beyond stupid. The quicker the media, the fans, and most importantly the Jets organization as a whole from the front office down to coaches, and players realizes, and Acknowledges this the quicker the franchise can move on from the stupid thought as Geno as the NOW of the NYJ's (not saying down the road he won't mature, and become a good QB, but nothing I've seen says it will, and it is blatantly evident he isn't now), and as much as Geno will say I'm the man, and confident in me being the starter blah blah blah, the quicker this happens the better for him also in terms of his possible development!

I don't 100% agree on the Rex part of this statement thou, not because I I'm a blind Rex lover, but because as much as this might be true, there is also the same likeliness that this is a call from Idzik, but after Rex's love affair with Sanchez last year it's fair to have this opinion.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the early hamstring injury, I've been quietly satisfied with Ivory's play. It would strongly behoove him to work on his hands in the passing game as the times where we do utilize him there, he usually has a significant amount of room. It seems too similar to the "line Thomas Jones 7 yards behind the LOS and it's a run 90%+ of the time." It seems almost guaranteed that if we line up in an offset I, Ivory is running it, there's no disguise there.

It's not as much as his inability to catch the ball, it's more because he never has, and still hasn't proven he can be trusted to block on passing plays, he doesn't grasp who, what, or why he needs to block on passing downs, this is what has kept him off the field his whole NFL career, and the main reason why B Powell even thou he is by far a less talented runner then Ivory, gets most of the passing down snaps, and not just 3rd down, which like you said pretty much invites the opposing defense into your huddle to hear your play call.

Archived