More important. QB or HC?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QB obv /thread

Your coach sets the philosophical tone for the direction of the entire franchise. He's the one who provides direction and accountability. He's the one who ensures the young players (on both sides of t

I'm on the edge of my seat.

Which is more important for a modern day NFL team?

It is a quarterback driven league, NOT a HC driven league. Rex can easily be replaced, but our QB cannot be easily fixed. I think Geno, given some weapons, can be an effective QB. He has the physical tools and needs to learn how to call blocking adjustments and see the defense better. I think that will come when someone with a little practical knowledge of offense takes over.

It is a quarterback driven league, NOT a HC driven league. Rex can easily be replaced, but our QB cannot be easily fixed. I think Geno, given some weapons, can be an effective QB. He has the physical tools and needs to learn how to call blocking adjustments and see the defense better. I think that will come when someone with a little practical knowledge of offense takes over.

geno is likely too stupid to ever becomne a qb who makes consistently good decisions quickly. and even if he does become better at reading defenses and calling out blocking adjustments his accuracy is for sh*t and thats a problem that is not easily fixed, if ever. and the ingredient that ties this all together is the fact that he is not very good at the very basic fundamental of professional qb play which is...... taking the snap from under center.

Which is more important for a modern day NFL team?

I thought it was HC who knew HOW to develop a QB? I'm so confused! Oh well, Contract extension for Rex! Drink! It's gotta be noon somewhere!

I'm on the edge of my seat.

oh my goodness...I cant wait!!!!!!!!

Let's hear it.

COME'ON, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO FIND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See my post #19

This will be his point in a nutshell, minus the drinking part.

geno is likely too stupid to ever becomne a qb who makes consistently good decisions quickly. and even if he does become better at reading defenses and calling out blocking adjustments his accuracy is for sh*t and thats a problem that is not easily fixed, if ever. and the ingredient that ties this all together is the fact that he is not very good at the very basic fundamental of professional qb play which is...... taking the snap from under center.

This perfectly sums up Geno's deficiencies.  No additional pig$hit conversation about Geno is needed going forward.

Edited by Il Mostro

Ask Tony Dungy which is more important.   :winking0001:

or you can ask Phillip Rivers the same question. 

Or ask Jordy Nelson & James Jones.  And the entire Packers defense for that matter.

Then ask Larry Fitzgerald how come Ken Wisenhunt became such a forgettable HC immediately after Kurt Warner retired.

Rodgers is probaby the most gifted player in the league outside of Peterson or Graham. He's a once in a generational type of player...him as an example isn't fair. We're never getting a player on that level.

Rodgers is missing one thing that keeps him down 1 notch below some of the other greats, he does not handle adversity well, and maybe I'm using the wrong word in adversity, but IMO he is a front running QB, when things are going great, and clicking dude is unstoppable, and will run you right out the building before you even knew the game started if your not careful. But when he gets popped in the mouth, and the other team jumps out ahead he acts like a b!tch, and plays the whoa is me part, he looks like Sanchez on the sidelines, and after every failed 3rd down conversion in these situations, I first noticed it in the playoffs when the Giants kicked his teeth in, and the stats back this up, I don't have it off the top of my head, but he is something like 4-19 when trailing by 7 points, or less heading into the 4th quarter, or some weird type of stat similar to this that backs this up lol, sorry for not having it exact.

Rodgers is probaby the most gifted player in the league outside of Peterson or Graham. He's a once in a generational type of player...him as an example isn't fair. We're never getting a player on that level.

Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Favre.    If Rodgers had started from day 1 would Rodgers be Rodgers?   How about if he had started from day 1 with JV talent around him on offense?  

Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Favre.    If Rodgers had started from day 1 would Rodgers be Rodgers?   How about if he had started from day 1 with JV talent around him on offense?  

woudl rodgers be rodgers if he was as bad at qb as genover smith?

If you have a transcendent QB like Peyton, Brady, Rodgers or Brees, HC doesn't really mean a thing.  Mike McCarthy does not belong on any list of great HC's.  Nor did Jim Caldwell.  They're the equivalent of Eric Spoelstra for the Miami Heat.

If you have a good QB, the HC can help in a big way.  Joe Flacco is not a great QB yet he won a championship.  He had a strong front office, coaching staff and supporting cast and went on a run.  The same is true for Eli Manning, who won 2 titles.  Big Ben may belong in this group too. 

If you have an average or bad QB, the HC can sometimes help hide the QB.....for a while.  A range of QB's come to mind here.  Alex Smith is the best example.  Others include Matt Schaub and Chad Pennington.  These QB's will never win titles, however.  Eventually a QB has to be able to make plays when surrounding circumstances aren't perfect.

Edited by Jetsfan80

If you have a transcendent QB like Peyton, Brady, Rodgers or Brees, HC doesn't really mean a thing.  Mike McCarthy does not belong on any list of great HC's.  Nor did Jim Caldwell.  They're the equivalent of Eric Spoelstra for the Miami Heat.

If you have a good QB, the HC can help in a big way.  Joe Flacco is not a great QB yet he won a championship.  He had a strong front office, coaching staff and supporting cast and went on a run.  The same is true for Eli Manning, who won 2 titles.  Big Ben may belong in this group too. 

If you have an average or bad QB, the HC can sometimes help hide the QB.....for a while.  A range of QB's come to mind here.  Alex Smith is the best example.

I think McCarthy deserves some credit for Rodgers becoming so good. Rodgers was the first Tedford QB to really make it..and his mechanics are night and day from when he was at Cal.

Peyton is the most unique of them all because he's basically the OC of the team. Doubtful you'll ever see anyone like him again.

Edited by Matt39