Cromartie Diagnosed with Concussion

flgreen

Jets’ Antonio Cromartie diagnosed with concussion

BY TIM POLZER

Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie suffered a concussion in Sunday’s win over the Raiders, head coach Rex Ryan said Monday. Cromartie originally was listed with a head injury after the game, but his new diagnosis places him in the NFL’s concussion protocol.

Ryan said the team was unaware of the concussion until Cromartie complained of a headache, which led to the evaluation.

From the New York Daily News:

“I think it was just after the game he came back and said, ‘I’ve kind of got a headache,’ or something like that and that’s when obviously they go into that prevention,” Ryan said. “He certainly wasn’t forced out there. If anybody would have known about it or whatever, there would have been some concerns.”

“He felt better today, so I think that’s a positive thing,” Ryan said. “These things are different. It was explained to me that it’s a real positive sign that he improved from that point right after the game. Hopefully that’s a good sign.”

MMQB: Examining T.J. Ward’s hit on Rob Gronkowski

Cromartie has three interceptions in the last five games and will be hard to replace. Darrin Walls and Kyle Wilson will likely see more plays at corner while Cromartie is sidelined.

Archived