John Idzik's First Year - your thoughts

Lizard King

How Has Idzik Done?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Has Idzik Performed Well?

• Yes, I like the general direction so far.
    • No, I don't think things are going the right way.
    • It's too early to tell.

Chris Ivory for a 4th is looking pretty solid.  Imagine if we had an offensive line.

Well that will factor into Idzik;s grade as well because his boy Winters is hurting things right now. If Winters can step up and actually be a viable starter that would be nice, one less problem to worry about.

Richardson looks like a stud for a long time and he handled Revis well.

I would have liked to see us strengthen our roster in the last draft with a lot of high picks and a ton of needs.

So far he strengthened a strong point and as far as I can tell nothing got better from the draft elsewhere. I like ivory but I don't think he's a long term solution as RBs seem to never be.

Early to tell but I would have liked to see more impact draft players in the last draft.

Of course next year that can all change if a few of these guys, or Geno alone look like solid players.

You can't predict injuries....or getting arrested passed out at the wheel with hollow points.

You can't predict if a guy is going to have off-field issues?  It's funny how Mangini seemed to be good at doing it.  He must have had a crystal ball, or something.

Richardson looks like a stud for a long time and he handled Revis well.

I would have liked to see us strengthen our roster in the last draft with a lot of high picks and a ton of needs.

So far he strengthened a strong point and as far as I can tell nothing got better from the draft elsewhere. I like ivory but I don't think he's a long term solution as RBs seem to never be.

Early to tell but I would have liked to see more impact draft players in the last draft.

Of course next year that can all change if a few of these guys, or Geno alone look like solid players.

If Geno turns into a franchise QB (doubtful he does), then this becomes the greatest draft in team history, and getting him in the second was a heist.

He's done a pretty bang up job thus far.  You haven't heard a peep about the Jets being a circus all season.  He also refuses to pander to the NY scribes even though they've continually lashed out at him.  I don't think people realize how much the perception of last years team was upsetting Woody and in that regard Idzik has done a great job of quieting the noise.

- Goodson, Barnes, Colon, Ivory, and Winslow are/were all solid contributors and injuries shouldn't be held against Idzik.

- Nelson, Cribbs, and Salas were nifty in season acquisitions who were thrust into action almost immediately.

- He was able to strong arm that punk Holmes and get him to cut his salary by close to 4 mil when he previously indicated he wouldn't take a pay cut.

- He wasn't going to let that malcontent Revis dictate anything to him.  He immediately showed him who the boss was and got his ass out of here when he didn't back off that ridiculous contract demand.

- While the draft may not look great yet you have multiple starters and lineman being groomed in the background.  To judge the entire draft after 13 games is beyond asinine.

I'm not sure how anyone can say he's done a bad job so far.  I'm not saying it's been spectacular but he's made some solid signings and cleared the way for them to have a potentially GREAT off season.  We have more picks in the draft and more money to spend than we've had in a decade.

Wake up white people.

He's done a pretty bang up job thus far. You haven't heard a peep about the Jets being a circus all season. He also refuses to pander to the NY scribes even though they've continually lashed out at him. I don't think people realize how much the perception of last years team was upsetting Woody and in that regard Idzik has done a great job of quieting the noise.

- Goodson, Barnes, Colon, Ivory, and Winslow are/were all solid contributors and injuries shouldn't be held against Idzik.

- Nelson, Cribbs, and Salas were nifty in season acquisitions who were thrust into action almost immediately.

- He was able to strong arm that punk Holmes and get him to cut his salary by close to 4 mil when he previously indicated he wouldn't take a pay cut.

- He wasn't going to let that malcontent Revis dictate anything to him. He immediately showed him who the boss was and got his ass out of here when he didn't back off that ridiculous contract demand.

- While the draft may not look great yet you have multiple starters and lineman being groomed in the background. To judge the entire draft after 13 games is beyond asinine.

I'm not sure how anyone can say he's done a bad job so far. I'm not saying it's been spectacular but he's made some solid signings and cleared the way for them to have a potentially GREAT off season. We have more picks in the draft and more money to spend than we've had in a decade.

Wake up white people.

BOOM PAC GOES

This is the offensive roster we could go into next year with, easily:

QB: Geno, AJ McCarron, Tarvaris Jackson/Kyle Orton, Matt Simms

RB: Ivory, Goodson, Powell, draft pick

WR: Eric Decker, Marqise Lee (1st rd), Jeremy Kerley, draft pick, Stephen Hill

TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Jeff Cumberland, draft pick

OL: Brick, Winters, Mangold, Free Agent, Austin Howard

And that's with investing mid-range dollars between Decker, Pettigrew, and Howard.

He's done a pretty bang up job thus far.  You haven't heard a peep about the Jets being a circus all season.  He also refuses to pander to the NY scribes even though they've continually lashed out at him.  I don't think people realize how much the perception of last years team was upsetting Woody and in that regard Idzik has done a great job of quieting the noise.

- He was able to strong arm that punk Holmes and get him to cut his salary by close to 4 mil when he previously indicated he wouldn't take a pay cut.

- He wasn't going to let that malcontent Revis dictate anything to him.  He immediately showed him who the boss was and got his ass out of here when he didn't back off that ridiculous contract demand.

- While the draft may not look great yet you have multiple starters and lineman being groomed in the background.  To judge the entire draft after 13 games is beyond asinine.

I'm not sure how anyone can say he's done a bad job so far.  I'm not saying it's been spectacular but he's made some solid signings and cleared the way for them to have a potentially GREAT off season.  We have more picks in the draft and more money to spend than we've had in a decade.

Wake up white people.

This is the one thing I'd say Idzik has been superb at.

This is the offensive roster we could go into next year with, easily:

QB: Geno, AJ McCarron, Tarvaris Jackson/Kyle Orton, Matt Simms

RB: Ivory, Goodson, Powell, draft pick

WR: Eric Decker, Marqise Lee (1st rd), Jeremy Kerley, draft pick, Stephen Hill

TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Jeff Cumberland, draft pick

OL: Brick, Winters, Mangold, Free Agent, Austin Howard

And that's with investing mid-range dollars between Decker, Pettigrew, and Howard.

This would be a solid off-season.  I wouldn't mind bringing Colon back. Idzik's best free agent signing.

I voted hasnt performed well.. QB situation is a complete debacle and most of us knew it before training camp began. Only thing good he's done is draft Richardson, but that is undermined by how terrible the rest of the draft seems thus far. He's doesnt come from a scouting background and he's had a tough time finding good players, which is a concern overall

While I agree it's too early to give him a final grade, the intial results are not good. Hopefully year 2, in which he'll have more resources, proves more successful.. but I don't have high hopes unfortunately

No way to say until after last draft but though everything you said is true and needs to be improved upon.  I do think he deserves a low five for de-circusing the team a bit.  Rex is less of a buffoon and he does not seem to have a hard on for the back of the paper like Tanny had.  Other than that way too soon to tell.

no but belicheck putting faith into this player was also a bad move. Belly makes a lot of bad moves actually, and Brady is like his magic eraser

24 hours after you posted the dumbest thing anyone has said on this site, you are out to beat your own record.

If Geno turns into a franchise QB (doubtful he does), then this becomes the greatest draft in team history, and getting him in the second was a heist.

My definition of a franchise QB is a legitimate top 5-7 QB every year for 10+ years.

By that definition, of course it becomes a great draft and it is the ultimate heist.

I was saying if he can be a middle of the pack NFL QB and play good enough football to build a decent offense around and a dominating defense, it will be a very goo draft. There is a huge difference between that and a franchise QB IMO.

Archived