Poll:Does Idzik need to hire a offensive minded Head Coach for the jets?

jay_psg

Poll:Does Idzik need to hire a offensive minded Head Coach for the jets?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Does Idzik need to hire a offensive minded Head Coach for the jets?

• Yes. Look at the success that Trestman, Chip Kelly and Sean Payton have vad..
    • No. Rex has the pieces ready to coach a top class defense

There are more choices than just Rex and "offensive minded head coach."  The team needs a better offense, but I don't think Mornhinweg is the problem.  Hiring a mythical "offensive minded head coach" does not give this team a pulse on O. 

How else do you think they get a pulse on offense?  

Probably a moot question.  Idzik said before Sunday's game that he thought the team was headed in the right direction.  And then the Jets won the game.

Increasingly unlikely there will be a new head coach.  Personally,  I would like to see a Mornhinweg offense with some quality receivers and a Leon/LT type back to complement Ivory.

Probably a moot question. Idzik said before Sunday's game that he thought the team was headed in the right direction. And then the Jets won the game.

Increasingly unlikely there will be a new head coach. Personally, I would like to see a Mornhinweg offense with some quality receivers and a Leon/LT type back to complement Ivory.

Woody said that. Woody also thinks Mitt Romney has another big debate coming up.

Although my preference would be an offensive minded head coach, I would not be at all dissapointed if they hired what I consider a more well rounded head coach, who has a better grasp on  game amangement, player development, alot more disiplined both in himself and the team, and maybe a better judge of talent (especially offensive talent) when it comes to the draft and FA.

Parcells, I believe was a defense first guy but was so good at all the other aspects of coaching and running a team, that it really had no bearing on his success. I believe Saban is also a defense first guy but the same applies to him.

To me, Urban Meyer is the offensive talent we need who also commands respect from his players and has a great deal of discipline with his teams.

Rex to me falls into the category of great Coordinators that does not translate to head coach. His own offensive Coordinator is a perfect example, Norv Turner is a great example as are DelRio, Martz , Cameron etc.

The Jets need to hire a Head Coach who is capable of performing the duties of a Head Coach.  Rex is a glorified Defensive Coordinator, not the football COO he needs to be.  Head coaching is management and he has proven to be an inept manager.  Poster child for the Peter Principle.

Hate to say it because I think it's a big mistake, but I think the odds are much more on favor of a Rex extension than Rex getting fired unless they lose all 3.

I think they will win at least one if not two more.

Woody clearly likes Rex a lot, and Idzik would have more to lose firing Rex than keeping him.

Woody is a moron ass hole know nothing owner, so for all you Rex loving apologist keep in mind you think like the ass clown Woody

Hate to say it because I think it's a big mistake, but I think the odds are much more on favor of a Rex extension than Rex getting fired unless they lose all 3.

I think they will win at least one if not two more.

Woody clearly likes Rex a lot, and Idzik would have more to lose firing Rex than keeping him.

Woody is a moron ass hole know nothing owner, so for all you Rex loving apologist keep in mind you think like the ass clown Woody

I disagree with this.  I think the odds favor him being canned.  Making the playoffs (even if we back into them) is what I think it will take for him to save his job.

Archived