Jets have tough decision with all these QB's in draft

77DRAFT

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This I find hard to believe. I'm sure Bridgewater and his "team" have watched Aaron Murray, and Zach Mettenberg both just lose MILLIONS of dollars as they blew out their knees.

Unless, Atlanta or St. Louis (and even then , I think they will trade out), Bridgewater is certainly the #1 pick for Houston, Jacksonville TB etc., and even a team trading up like Tenn. Jets etc.

If he comes out in 2015 and we assume Winston is coming out, then he probably would be the 2nd QB on the board behind Winston.

Put this all together and it makes absolutely no sense for Bridgewater to stay.

Eh knees on a qb are like t!ts on a bull....unless of course you are s.young or m.vick

Eh knees on a qb are like t!ts on a bull....unless of course you are s.young or m.vick

or RG3 or Kapernick or Newton Wilson for that matter.    Hell half the QBs now depend just as much on their legs as they do their arms.  

A lot of them become like RG3 when they can't escape.  Not very good.    Obviously they need to pass well, but the ability to escape and run for a first down adds an entirely different dimension to the QB.  Take that away and half their talent is gone.   Suddenly what they are used to becomes "how the hell do i evolve and adapt?"  

And we've seen players like RG3 struggle with that concept.  A guy like Tebow couldn't pass at all.  

or RG3 or Kapernick or Newton Wilson for that matter.    Hell half the QBs now depend just as much on their legs as they do their arms.  

A lot of them become like RG3 when they can't escape.  Not very good.    Obviously they need to pass well, but the ability to escape and run for a first down adds an entirely different dimension to the QB.  Take that away and half their talent is gone.   Suddenly what they are used to becomes "how the hell do i evolve and adapt?"  

And we've seen players like RG3 struggle with that concept.  A guy like Tebow couldn't pass at all.  

I agree pretty much, that these guys sometimes struggle to become "pocket Passers", and its a little tough on the coaches, as you dont really want to take away that god given natural ability, but you also dont want them to get their heads taken off.

Shanahan, I believe is struggling a bit with RGIII, in that when he was healthy and could really run around and make plays like last year, they are a playoff team, but not being as mobile after all the injuries this year pretty much took away that dimension and they both have struggled with having an offense built around him being a "pocket passer".

That paradox is tough, Nothing bothers me more than a 3rd and 8, your pass rush is on fire, nearly gets to the QB but he escapes and gets the 1st down with his legs, but have that guy do that a couple times and get blasted, and then you end up with QB who loses that special dimension that makes them what they are.

Johnny Football, scrambled much less this year and threw from the pocket alot more (I dont know if that was to impress the scouts at the next level or to try to stay healthy), but he has convinced me that he can throw from the pocket ,but retain that special scrambling ability when he needs it. I was not sold on Manziel last year and even going into this year but when I saw him play against Alabama, and make throws that I know most college QB's cant make, I was convinced then that he is a surefire NFL QB. Franchise? I dont know, but I do know that he is well worth the risk, in my opinion.

there's a dude named Jimmy Garappolo from Eastern Illinois (Romo's alma mater).

NFLDS has him graded out as a 2-3 cusp. I don't know that he goes that high.

A pick like Jimmy Garappolo might be another Romo or another Carmazzi but either way he NY/NJ area would embrace him on last name alone. 

I'd love to take Garoppolo in the 3rd, and we'll likely have an extra pick there.  This guy has a huge arm and throws the long ball extremely well.  Definitely not a dink and dunk passer.  Well worth the risk IMO.

Archived