*******Official Game-Thread. The NY Jets @ The Carolina Panthers*******

BroadwayJoe12

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She just mentioned her love of Victoria's Secret undergarments. Bro-date replies, "Yo, that was my spank bank back in da day."

order a boilermaker.  chug it.  slam it down in front of them and declare, "listen bro, we're both done with you" give her your best look and walk out the door

with swagga

We need a quarterback. Thomas is probably not going to fall that far either.

1) Johnny Manziel

2) Jordan Matthews

I've let my feelings on Manziel be known, so this scenario is obviously one that I do not like. Regardless, a lot of people here need to come to the realization that the vast majority of these guys are not going to be ready to start on day one and that most likely Geno will be our starting Qb unless we bring in Cutler or someone along those lines.

Bold draft prediction #1: Brandin Cooks will ball and become the best WR in this draft class.

Brandin Cooks = faster Steve Smith (Carolina). The kid is an absolute beast, but after the Heisman and season he had, not much of a chance he goes under the radar now.  The only thing that will make him drop is his size, but his ability to go up and get the ball is uncanny. 

what do you see in his game that tells you he has the tools to be a future franchise qb?

He does a little of everything, just not nearly enough as a rookie. Foot work isn't killer, good athlete, good arm, looks downfield, takes a hit, speaks the part usually...Honestly the season has sucked but he's still a really interesting prospect. He's certainly a more interesting long term QB prospect than any of the FAs or non-Bridgewaters. 

I think Watkihs goes top 10

Possibly, but I almost came thinking about adding him and Cooks in the same draft.  

It's clear that Nicks has played himself out of a big contract, do you think he takes a one year deal or takes the best offer? He's certainly lost a step, but i can't tell if that's because of injury or he's genuinely lost a step at 25 years old. Before the season everyone thought he'd be looking for $9 million per year, but now, I'd give him a Brian Hartline $6 million per year type of deal. I know I'll catch some sh*t for that, but if he medically checks out, he's someone that has a reputation where you aren't going to leave him in single coverage and is a better type of receiver for Geno than Holmes. 

I think Maclin is someone else we have to consider, but that will all depend on his knee. I certainly hope Morninwhig is kept in place, regardless of the new HC, because there's nothing worse than learning a whole new offense. Unless our rookie lights up camp, Geno is most likely going to be the day 1 starter and continuity is the key.  I still have some faith in the kid, but it's more than obvious that his mistakes come when he feels that he needs to make a play when our team is down two scores and "behind the 8 ball," so to speak. 

**Also, has Klecko always sounded like he's a stroked-out shannon sharpe or is that just after his play?

is anyone still under the delusion that geno smith is good?

I just don't see how anyone can beleive Geno has any talent at all at QB.  Maybe the Jets have had so many crappy QB's that some have lost the ability to see garbage when its right in front of their eyes.  Geno is worse than Sanchez which is saying something.

Do you guys realize that for 5 of the past 6 seasons all we do is sit at our computers at this time of year talking about who should be fired? It was Mangini and then we spent a couple of hot heavy anti-Schottenheimer  campaigns last year was a no-brainer about Sparano and Tannenbaum this year it's all about Rex and the ticking time bomb clock that will explode blasting his lap band all over the sports world.  

Westhoff made a great point about the big screen play: Rex had the perfect defense called. where he had a corner in zone coverage and a LB in man coverage, but Harris is too slow to make a play and Milliner and Reed whiffed. I'm not excusing him for his defense's performance, but sometimes you can call the perfect defense and your players don't execute.

Do you guys realize that for 5 of the past 6 seasons all we do is sit at our computers at this time of year talking about who should be fired? It was Mangini and then we spent a couple of hot heavy anti-Schottenheimer  campaigns last year was a no-brainer about Sparano and Tannenbaum this year it's all about Rex and the ticking time bomb clock that will explode blasting his lap band all over the sports world.  

LOL, yes. I am very aware of that. Why do you think I'm so into the draft? It is the only thing that keeps me interested in the Jets. 

Hope. Optimism. Draft.

And a side of Free Agency. 

Archived