Should Rex Be The HC Next Year?

Maxman

Do you think that Rex Ryan should be the head coach of the Jets next season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Rex Ryan should be the head coach of the Jets next season?

Well the results are almost all in and we know enough to say that the Jets will fall short of the playoffs.  There have been countless threads about what Rex Ryan brings to the table (good and bad).

So the question is simple.  Vote and let us know what you think.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to think he was a master defensive coach, but this defense stinks and their numbers are more lies than anything else.  I mean the past couple of weeks it wasn't like that vaunted rush defense kept the opponent in check.  And hell, it's easy to have a vaunted rush defense when the other team always throws for 300+ yard games no matter who is QB.       

I think he gets great things out of a lot of scrub players.   The problem is as a HC, he kind of builds a team of scrubs.  Sometimes those guys play over their heads and win. Mostly they finish 8-8 or around that record.   Which is why Rex is around that record as a HC.   When you're just a DC and everybody else is making most of the tough decisions,  you get to take chances and get the best out of everybody.  And you might get great players.    He's had his way with a few positions, but other than that, his talent evaluation sucks and the secondary stinks.  

Who the hell cares if you have a #1 rush defense who gives up 120 yards to a backup RB on the raiders when you are giving up 300 yards passing a game and hardly ever stop teams on third down.  And this goes back to that Steelers championship game as well.   That vaunted defense couldn't stop big ben and give the offense one last chance to make a historic comeback.    Yeah the entire team sucked for most of that game, but they came back, and the defense needed to make one damn stop.  They didn't and that was the last time this team mattered as far as winning.      Great defenses figure ways to stop Big Ben.  Defenses with over inflated egos find ways to make excuses over the same crap year after year.   That's where I think Rex is at this point.   Living in the past around having a great defense.   

And lets not even talk about his offense as HC.

Good to see you back, Max.  Hope things have been going well.

I definitely would like to see Rex back next year.  When he came here as a head coach/former DC, he got stuck with Schottenheimer-he didn't have a choice.  Then he erred with Sparano but got rid of him in a year.  Marty is doing good things with the offense but he needs more personnel.  I hope they keep this unit together and give them some players.

No . This team has major discipline issues and needs a fresh perspective other than being told to play like a Jet when I don't even know WTF play like a Jet is even supposed to mean since this team has no history of accomplishing anything.

We are wildly inconsistent and the pre snap penalties are a joke. It shows lack of preparation and we still have issues throughout Rex's entire tenure of getting 11 men on the field, the usage of timeouts or wasting of timeouts is a direct reflection of this.

I think Rex is a buffoon and will be a DC somewhere soon enough. No way in hell this guy ever gets a HC gig again.

The team is NOT a circus the HC is. When teams play us they don't want to shut up the team they want to shut up the coach so maybe "play like a Jet" means stick up for your coach when he makes a complete idiot of himself.

The team has no talent and played above it's head. The failures of this season have way more to do with Idzikiot then Rex. If you kept him after last season, not sure what he did this year to earn a pink slip. The team has no talent outside of DL

The team has no talent and played above it's head. The failures of this season have way more to do with Idzikiot then Rex. If you kept him after last season, not sure what he did this year to earn a pink slip. The team has no talent outside of DL

then the problems was still tannenbaums not Idzik's who had no money, little talent and huge sh*t contracts to deal with.

I'm not sure I even like him yet but it's too soon to say anything's his fault.

then the problems was still tannenbaums not Idzik's who had no money, little talent and huge sh*t contracts to deal with.

I'm not sure I even like him yet but it's too soon to say anything's his fault.

He completely fumbled the QB position, and with adequate QB play we are likely in the playoffs. Hard to deny that

That's the same thing they said about Sanchez. Is Jason Campbell really a victory or two better than Geno or Sanchez? With this cast of characters? Absolutely not.

Without a doubt 100%, same can be said for a few other guys. Geno had at least 4 games that the 85 bears defense would've gotten blown out it in. So bad that the games were completely un winnable.

Without a doubt 100%, same can be said for a few other guys. Geno had at least 4 games that the 85 bears defense would've gotten blown out it in. So bad that the games were completely un winnable.

And how do you know Campbell wouldn't have done the same? There is no Josh Gordon here. There is no Jordan Cameron here. There isn't even a Greg Little or Davone Bess here. Campbell can throw the ball ten yards to Gordon who takes it the next 70 to the house. Who the hell would do that for the Jets?

If you're voting "yes" here, please include 50 words on what you believe the responsibilities of an NFL head coach to be. Thx.

What I think an NFL HC aka Leader needs to have

1. Respect- The man has earned it. It doesn't just come with the territory, plenty of coaches never garner the level of respect Rex has from his peers and players alike. Players are constantly chopping at the bit to come here and play for Rex. How many men could field a run defense like Rex? That says a lot in todays NFL

2. Humility- One of Rex's best traits. Any man who can humiliate himself as much as Rex and come back stronger each time is alright by me. He has no problem taking his ego out of the equation and learning from others(Schotty, Sparano, MM.... etc). None of them are any good which he can't really be blamed for but you don't see him using it as an excuse.

3. Gratitude- This is a grateful man. He knows he's the architect of the worlds greatest run D but being held back by some AWFUL GM work. Do you ever hear him use this as an excuse? No, In fact he goes out and says "This is the greatest roster ever" or "This draft class is the t!ts" every year. Awesome guy

And how do you know Campbell wouldn't have done the same? There is no Josh Gordon here. There is no Jordan Cameron here. There isn't even a Greg Little or Davone Bess here. Campbell can throw the ball ten yards to Gordon who takes it the next 70 to the house. Who the hell would do that for the Jets?

Cause he's never in his career played anywhere near as poorly as Geno has?

I have been a die hard Jets fan since 1978.

If Rex is extended, I am done with this franchise. I only said this one other time in all those years, that was in 96 I said if Kotite was not fired at the end of the year I am done with this team.

If they want to let Rex play out his last year of his contract and sit in the bathtub water filled with the dump he took in it, I will be disappointed but I can live with it.

Extend him and I am flat out done with this franchise.

Come to think of it, I almost hope they do, It would be nice not to care about this God awful franchise anymore and this ass clown owner that we have.

Archived