Should Rex Be The HC Next Year?

Maxman

Do you think that Rex Ryan should be the head coach of the Jets next season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Rex Ryan should be the head coach of the Jets next season?

on a more general note I was talking with several co-workers today. one was a Chargers fan from SD who had no expectations. another was an Eagles fan from Philly who expected his team to lose somehow. the NY mindset was represented by me. And it really is a mindset. we expect SB winners every year. We expect to win. I don't know which mindset is correct but the NY mindset is probably the least realistic and the least rational (especially in a parity salary cap type situation).

This is another reason why no great coach would want to go to coach in this town. the expectations are a nightmare. 

Also, if these teams have no espectations, then why were they screaming in their respective cities for the Heads Of NORV TURNER and ANDY REID. I guess besides having no expectations for their teams, they have no qualms about being Hypocritical.

Also, very interesting that you have 2 co-workers that root for teams, with low expectations, that just FIRED their coaches. Is it possible that all 3 of you will have something in common on the 2nd to last day of the year? Hmmmmm....

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK.  So let's say Cromartie was playing hurt all year.  Does Rex deserve no blame for the overall failings of the Pass D due to that? 

Clearly there is blame to be shared all around here but if you look at Rex's history, he's always had a top notch pass D.  What happened this year that changed?  The first thing I notice is the 3 new starters (a jag vet, a rookie who's bad, a first year starter) and the only returning starter has been terrible.  I dont think Rex all of a sudden forgot how to coach or is responsible for Cro's decline. 

Clearly there is blame to be shared all around here but if you look at Rex's history, he's always had a top notch pass D. What happened this year that changed? The first thing I notice is the 3 new starters (a jag vet, a rookie who's bad, a first year starter) and the only returning starter has been terrible. I dont think Rex all of a sudden forgot how to coach or is responsible for Cro's decline.

Cro's decline shouldn't matter. He's got his prized pig Kyle Wilson waiting in the wings.

Why not?

Not sure.  Doesnt have great instincts is my guess, can stick with his man and make sure they dont get yac but doesnt get around for the ball fast enough to play outside.  I wanted nothing to do with him.  Ended up being a solid pick.

You're an absolute dolt

I see what you were doing now.  You werent serious.  It was like one of those sneaky ways of saying Rex is the reason Wilson sucks.  Oh Tom.

You know that dude, Ras-I Dowling the Jets brought in for a hot minute.  He was picked like 33rd overall by the Patriots, not far behind Wilson.  Did BB forget how to coach when working with him?  Because he's currently out of the league while Wilson is consistently rated as one of the best nickels in the game.

I see what you were doing now. You werent serious. It was like one of those sneaky ways of saying Rex is the reason Wilson sucks. Oh Tom.

You know that dude, Ras-I Dowling the Jets brought in for a hot minute. He was picked like 33rd overall by the Patriots, not far behind Wilson. Did BB forget how to coach when working with him? Because he's currently out of the league while Wilson is consistently rated as one of the best nickels in the game.

Yeah, Belichick misses on a lot of picks. And when he whiffs on those picks, absolutely no one makes excuses for him.

Funny how Rex keeps getting stuck with all these untalented players.

But seems to find a way to make them highly effecient in their role.

Why is it that Sheldon Richardson is the DROY and Milliner is looking like a bust?  Rex sucks with Milliner but good with Richardson?

Who is this hypothetical quarterback that we're going to hand Rex this spring that will keep him from getting blown out every other week?

That's the problem the QB stinks no WR , no one going to win with this team , take Tom off the Pats see what happens up in New England

Also, if these teams have no espectations, then why were they screaming in their respective cities for the Heads Of NORV TURNER and ANDY REID. I guess besides having no expectations for their teams, they have no qualms about being Hypocritical.

Also, very interesting that you have 2 co-workers that root for teams, with low expectations, that just FIRED their coaches. Is it possible that all 3 of you will have something in common on the 2nd to last day of the year? Hmmmmm....

the point of the story was Norv and Andy got 10 years, no one in NY gets more than 5.  and btw was firing Andy Reid such a hot move? Rex is like the Andy of defense. put him on a team with actual talent they will go places. firing Rex is like firing the jockey because the horse is glue

Bit-you do a lot of defending of Rex. Can you explain what he does so well that you feel so strongly he should be back? And do you genuinely feel there's no one out there than can replace him? You mean Rex is irreplaceable?

Everyone is ultimately replaceable. I like Rex because he's a wild personality and a literal football genius. Unfortunately he's not an offensive genius but hey, that's life. Rex is one of the few good aspects of this franchise. We should ALL have more faith in his ability to coach a team than in Idzik's ability to fill out a roster, or Woody's ability to be a good owner... based purely on the evidence. 

the point of the story was Norv and Andy got 10 years, no one in NY gets more than 5.  and btw was firing Andy Reid such a hot move? Rex is like the Andy of defense. put him on a team with actual talent they will go places. firing Rex is like firing the jockey because the horse is glue

I didnt say whether either firing was a great move or not. Philly is doing OK with Kelly, and Reid is doing great in KC so both franchises are pretty satisfied, I would say.

Norv is an offensive minded Rex Ryan. Coordinator but not Head Coach material.

By the way, people talk about how Rex will land on his feet and how he will be scooped up in an instant, but did you see the list I provided on coaches FIRED by the Jets? Except for Carroll, all the rest have pretty much faded into oblivion. Hmmm...Is your career basically over if you are fired by the Jets?

Everyone is ultimately replaceable. I like Rex because he's a wild personality and a literal football genius. Unfortunately he's not an offensive genius but hey, that's life. Rex is one of the few good aspects of this franchise. We should ALL have more faith in his ability to coach a team than in Idzik's ability to fill out a roster, or Woody's ability to be a good owner... based purely on the evidence.

Rex, Tanny and Sanchez all had the same record.

Two of the three are gone, his is Rex so good and those guys so bad when they all basically had the same record?

Makes no sense to me.

Rex, Tanny and Sanchez all had the same record.

Two of the three are gone, his is Rex so good and those guys so bad when they all basically had the same record?

Makes no sense to me.

I think alot of jet fans, even veteran smart ones, have somehow bought into the Ryan twins nonsense that they invented defense and somehow if you don't have a Ryan coaching your D your doomed, even though there are plenty of top notch championship D's in the league that don't have a Ryan on the sideline...we have young studs on the D line that a lot of young Defensive minds would love to coach, our D will be fine, Rexs bafoon statistics mean nothing, all your D needs to do now if you have a legit offense is create turnovers and make a couple stops a game at the right time.

He's a good DC, but he's not a genius.   Geniuses aren't great at stopping the run, but terrible at stopping the pass in 2013.

I didnt say whether either firing was a great move or not. Philly is doing OK with Kelly, and Reid is doing great in KC so both franchises are pretty satisfied, I would say.

Norv is an offensive minded Rex Ryan. Coordinator but not Head Coach material.

By the way, people talk about how Rex will land on his feet and how he will be scooped up in an instant, but did you see the list I provided on coaches FIRED by the Jets? Except for Carroll, all the rest have pretty much faded into oblivion. Hmmm...Is your career basically over if you are fired by the Jets?

Huh? The last 3 of 4 Head Coaches all were Head Coaches for another team. Parcels in Dallas, Herm in KC and Mangini in Clev. And Groh went to coach UVA.

What makes Rex a football genius? And plenty of "football geniuses" dont make good head coaches.

the point of the story was Norv and Andy got 10 years, no one in NY gets more than 5.

Reid was 37 games over .500 and went to a Super Bowl in Philadelphia. San Diego is a sh*tshow and shouldn't serve as a model for anyone.

and btw was firing Andy Reid such a hot move? Rex is like the Andy of defense.

Unfortunately, it's not the 1970s, so being the Andy Reid of defense means jack sh*t.

Huh? The last 3 of 4 Head Coaches all were Head Coaches for another team. Parcels in Dallas, Herm in KC and Mangini in Clev. And Groh went to coach UVA.

I said FIRED. Parcells wasnt fired, Groh wasnt fired. They left on thei own accord

Yes Herm was Fired, got fired at KC and now of course with Mangini at ESPN which is much better than:

Winner

Kotite

Coslet

Walton

Micheals

Holtz

etc.

As I said, for all the ones that were FIRED, thats FIRED, only Carroll landed on his feet, unless you believe that being a know-it-all at espn is all gravy.

Archived