Rich Cimini Blocked JetNation

Maxman

How many years has Richie been covering the Jets? Anyone know? That is a long time to go without a promotion. Just saying.

Upon extensive (roughly 1 minute worth) research, it would seem that his bio is somewhat of a mystery to many a Jets message board.  The closest thing I could find was a blog referencing his leaving the daily news after "something like 16 years" -- which would make it around the mid 90s as he left in 2010.  Not sure where he worked before or if he covered the Jets there.

Clearly, this is all fabricated.  I theorize that, like the monsters in a kids closet, Cimini doesn't really exist.  We just have to believe he doesn't exist and he'll go away.  

Actually he got a major promotion.

he went from the dying print media, to be the NYC go to ESPN guy

I disagree.  That is definitely a smart move that he made going from the Daily News to ESPN.  Getting out of print into digital makes a lot of sense and was the right thing for him to do.

But he is still a beat reporter.  So that is like a lateral move just working for a company with a healthier balance sheet.  His actual job didn't change that much he still sits at the games, goes to practices, tweets and writes articles.

Smells like a lateral move to me.  :)

I disagree.  That is definitely a smart move that he made going from the Daily News to ESPN.  Getting out of print into digital makes a lot of sense and was the right thing for him to do.

But he is still a beat reporter.  So that is like a lateral move just working for a company with a healthier balance sheet.  His actual job didn't change that much he still sits at the games, goes to practices, tweets and writes articles.

Smells like a lateral move to me.   :)

Don't know for sure, but I bet his paycheck increased at least 50%

I had to delete two posts in here.  Let's keep this professional.  Cimini is fair game for what he writes about the Jets but that's it. We are a football site, so we are only going to talk about football here.  Thanks.

Archived