Rex Ryan Is Getting Fired (Speculation Thread)

Lizard King

Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?

• Yes
    • No

No suicide pact, but I will be paying far less attention to Jets "football". I would never root for any other team, the Jets seem to be in my blood, but ignorance is bliss and I may take a few years and enjoy other less frustrating pursuits. I surely won't miss a SB for the Jets with Rex around THAT much I am sure of.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JiF being the president of Santonio Holmes fan club is bad enough, but supporting Rex puts you over the top. I think Rex is staying. Not because he is a good coach - or even an adequate one - but because Woody Johnson WANTS him back, period. John Idzik will have to pull a "him or me" scenario if he wants to can Rex because he will be doing so over the objection of the owner. Get ready for another two years of mediocre / losing football and yet another rookie QB that will be fouled up. On and on it goes in Jet land.

JiF is an attention-seeking jackass.

I can believe Rex is getting fired but if Snoopy bowl is the reason we are in big trouble with Idzik in charge.  Everyone knows Idzik wanted to start Geno. That's the whole reason why Geno started preseason game 3 even though he didn't earn it. 

Agreed. if Rex is already out the door of course idzick is gonna use that. geno is the guy that turns off automatic save during the game and turns off your playstation by pressing the button directly on your system after an hour long gaming session...

This.

Rex                     Herm

Years coached                              5                            5

Winning Seasons                         2                            3

Divisional Titles                            0                            1

Playoff Appearances                    2                            3

Playoff Games                               6                            5

Playoff Wins                                   4                            2

Super Bowls Promised               2                            0

BTW ... Baltimore has won a Super Bowl since he left. 

Rex is overrated.

Never fails to stun me this fanbase...Rex Ryan could run planetary orbit sized circles around Herm Edwards as a coach. 

uh huh..  The Jets have been on lock down ever since Idzik arrived but here in week 15 someone is telling Pony Boy that Rex is out. 

I really believe this.

from another board: 

He was just guessing. I heard it this morning on Mike & Mike, Greenie asked him a series of questions, one being; will Rex be back?, to which he responded no and proceeded to elaborate on why, but at no point did he call it a scoop or sight any sources.

from another board: 

He was just guessing. I heard it this morning on Mike & Mike, Greenie asked him a series of questions, one being; will Rex be back?, to which he responded no and proceeded to elaborate on why, but at no point did he call it a scoop or sight any sources.

Thanks!  Good god, I was starting to really lose faith in that loser Idzik.

Totally agree.

Best thing this franchise has going for them. 

I can believe Rex is getting fired but if Snoopy bowl is the reason we are in big trouble with Idzik in charge.  Everyone knows Idzik wanted to start Geno. That's the whole reason why Geno started preseason game 3 even though he didn't earn it. 

Idzik is in WAY over his head.  He can't blame Rex for the WR situation.  I'm sorry, but he needed to at least make some strides to fix it.  I'm not a GENO fan, but Geno has no chance to succeed and now you've ruined his confidence.

Idzik is in WAY over his head.  He can't blame Rex for the WR situation.  I'm sorry, but he needed to at least make some strides to fix it.  I'm not a GENO fan, but Geno has no chance to succeed and now you've ruined his confidence.

Is this the fan in you speaking or the former professional athlete?

Liberty taken.

Parcells               Herm

Years coached                              3                            5

Winning Seasons                         2                            3

Divisional Titles                            1                            1

Playoff Appearances                    1                            3

Playoff Games                               2                            5

Playoff Wins                                   1                            2

Super Bowls Promised               0                            0

BTW ... New England and the Giants have each won two Super Bowls since he left. 

Trended downward.

Yeah, things like concrete truths and reality have little effect on Senior Kitty Cat. The numbers don't lie, but some fans are as delusional as the Turnip at the top of this pyramid. Yeah Rex is great.

Numbers don't lie.

Which unique positive qualities is Rex bringing to the organization right now?

Great HC, top 5 in the league.  Respected around the league by peers and players.  Master motivator.  Fantastic at creating team moral.  Players want to run through walls for him.  Brings national attention with his elite coaching status.  Defensive mastermind.  Winning philosophy.  Infectious positive energy.  Knows how to develop and put players in a position to succeed.  Overall, he's the one and only strength of the organization that is run by a bunch of boobs. 

Jealous?

Of Tom, not you.   Tom is disgusting.  You're sexy. 

Archived