Jets \ Browns: Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid has talent, just incredibly inconsistent. I would imagine given no talent target wise. I'd like to have a WR who can do provide some security.

I don't think the book is written on a rookie with no talent around him who came from a spread offense. I think a QB in round 1 is a mistake.

Sheldon, Ivory, took a calculated risk on Geno.....not a terrible first draft. Hopefully Milliner isn't a megabust and Winters figures out how to be an NFL guard.

Wouldn't even call Geno a calculated risk. The team needed a QB and one of the top prospects fell to him in the 2nd. Outcome aside, the pick was a no brainer.

I think Milliner will turn into a serviceable player, maybe not what you want from #9, and never Revis, but I think he has improved and is taking difficult assignments since Cro is toast.

Winters, for all his flaws, is a rookie starter too. Rex may have been exaggerating about the draft class but there is merit to the fact that all these kids are getting significant minutes.

Going to continue to stand by both Geno and Milliner: I've seen tangible improvement out of both and that's exactly what you want in seasons like this.

Milliner has been in Gordon's hip-pocket on the majority of throws and I've seen Geno work through his progressions better recently than earlier in the year. While I want two wins in a row, I'd rather see continued development from our young guys.

Archived