Rex tells team he's going to be fired(?)

Favorite_Toon

It really is very simple.  We went 8-8, 6-10 and now either 7-9 or 8-8.  No one gives bonus points for bad rosters when you have 3 straight years of mediocrity.  It's a result-based league.  Rex deserved props for his first 2 years here, because he produced.  But now he isn't and will be gone, despite a nice game today. 

you mean for 3 straight years, we had bad rosters?

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was delighted to hear Rex say the axe is gonna fall. Jets played hard vs Browns. Milliner actually looked like a DB, Geno made excellent decisions. I wish Rex would have announced he was getting canned four games ago when it still mattered. The Jets looked like a competent football team and finished 6-2 at home. With a win in Miami, and they should be down after getting blanked in Buffalo, Jets would finish 8-8 and Rex would be fired with a winning record. Only the third HC in Jets history to finish above .500. But, there is no doubt in my mind that Rex has to go.

Again... That was before all the injuries.

It's not like we had injuries to superstars.  And the fact still remains that FO felt that the Jets were about a .500 team with Mark Sanchez at QB, who had the worst QB season the league has ever seen in 2012.  Obviously our roster wasn't considered to be as bad as you and slats are saying.

Then explain to me like I'm a 5-year old.  How does Rex Ryan not legitimately deserve to be fired after going 23-26 the last 3 seasons?

How many times do we have to explain it to you. His rosters are awful. Lombardi and Parcells couldnt win with these rosters.

Now when do his rosters get better so he doesnt continually have the same lame excuse to fall back on is anyone's guess.

"The Jets will make the playoffs this year"

"Mark Sanchez will be the starter"

You've had a good year.

Well, in fairness, if Sanchez was the starter they would have made the playoffs.  That said, I am not unhappy that he isn't the starter.  They need to find a franchise QB.  That isn't Sanchez.  They can now decide if that will be Geno or not.

Oh and thanks for the shout out on the JN Facebook page.  It gets testy in there at times lol.

"The Jets will make the playoffs this year"

"Mark Sanchez will be the starter"

You've had a good year.

And to defend myself...most of the times I said, the Jets will contend for a playoff spot.  Which they did.  Kind of, lol.

And Sanchez would have been the starter had the Jets 7th team offensive line been so bad, haha.

Master motivator!

This man deserves an extension!

Pretty much.  Him and his coaching staff have done a great job of putting the youngsters in a position to succeed.  They're getting better each week.  Its what you want to see from a young team.  Lots of the youngsters made plays today, Davis, Coples, Allen.  All had nice games.  Its good to see.  Looking forward to the future with all the cap space and picks.  I'd love to see it play out with this coaching staff.

Not up to me though.  Should be.  But it isnt.

Archived