Four QBs crapping the bed with the season on the line

deucebag

This. Those QBs failed no one, their coaches failed to guide them correctly to victory. 

lol

Not for nothing but Flynn couldnt keep a job as a backup and then goes back to GB and wins games.

A pair of 1-point wins (against the 3-9 Falcons team that Geno Smith shredded like he was Joe Montana).  The other was courtesy of Tony Romo (who handed similar victories to us with Sanchez and many others).  Lost to the Lions (choke artists themselves), tied against the 2-8 Vikings, and just fumbled the game away today 3 minutes ago.  You can sleep well tonight.  He still sucks. 

lol

A pair of 1-point wins (against the 3-9 Falcons team that Geno Smith shredded like he was Joe Montana).  The other was courtesy of Tony Romo (who handed similar victories to us with Sanchez and many others).  Lost to the Lions (choke artists themselves), tied against the 2-8 Vikings, and just fumbled the game away today 3 minutes ago.  You can sleep well tonight.  He still sucks. 

I know he sucks. But Mccarthy's system works for him for whatever reason. He's kept their season alive.

And got to watch Brett Favre from the sideline for 3 years and took over as QB of the NFL's #4 offense.  Not exactly being thrown into the deep end to learn to swim like our last 2 guys (the first one being hopeless anyway, though).

Not sure what you mean here. Point is, Mccarthy has been  able to make due and run a serviceable offense with a sh*tty QB. That offense still scores points. I'd imagine he's had some influence on Rodgers becoming one of the best players in the league.

Not sure what you mean here. Point is, Mccarthy has been  able to make due and run a serviceable offense with a sh*tty QB. That offense still scores points. I'd imagine he's had some influence on Rodgers becoming one of the best players in the league.

I'm quite sure he has.  I'm also quite sure he'd have zero SB rings if he had #6 instead of #12.

Without Rodgers, GB sucks.  With him, they're SB contenders.

I'm quite sure he has.  I'm also quite sure he'd have zero SB rings if he had #6 instead of #12.

Without Rodgers, GB sucks.  With him, they're SB contenders.

Was never disputing this other than Green Bay sucking. They havent been a bad team with Flynn playing. 

Ehh, that game where they had less than 130 yards of total offense against Detroit they were pretty damned bad. 

Yeah the Thanksgiving game was a disaster. Overall though, I dont think GB could have asked for anymore out of a guy who no one else even wanted as a backup.

Joe Flacco, Carson Palmer, Matt Stafford and Matt Flynn.  Tonight's the night we learn if Foles is a franchise QB....although McCoy could run for 300 against the Bears D.

Uh, How did OUR QB do when the season was on the line? Sure, he was good today and todays game meant What? NOTHING, but last week when it still counted, how did he do?

Yeah the Thanksgiving game was a disaster. Overall though, I dont think GB could have asked for anymore out of a guy who no one else even wanted as a backup.

Nor do I, but outside of last week's win, watching Flynn orchestrate that offense you don't get the sense that they are a good team, at all. You put Aaron Rodgers on it and you're thinking contender. You can't ask for more from McCarthey with Flynn as a QB, but we ask more from Rex with Mark and Geno as his QB?  I get people want change, but thinking we're getting any different outcome with another HC when the QB play has been as bad as it has been, needs to look no further than GB minus Flynn, the Texans with Schaub and Keenum, Jacksonville with Henne and Gabbert, Oakland with McGloin and of course the Browns with Weeden and Campbell. People here argue that Geno is putting together the worst season they've ever seen, yet somehow we've managed to win more games than these other teams. I'm not going to be devastated if Rex is gone, I get it, but I would call that good coaching.

Nor do I, but outside of last week's win, watching Flynn orchestrate that offense you don't get the sense that they are a good team, at all. You put Aaron Rodgers on it and you're thinking contender. You can't ask for more from McCarthey with Flynn as a QB, but we ask more from Rex with Mark and Geno as his QB?  I get people want change, but thinking we're getting any different outcome with another HC when the QB play has been as bad as it has been, needs to look no further than GB minus Flynn, the Texans with Schaub and Keenum, Jacksonville with Henne and Gabbert, Oakland with McGloin and of course the Browns with Weeden and Campbell. People here argue that Geno is putting together the worst season they've ever seen, yet somehow we've managed to win more games than these other teams. I'm not going to be devastated if Rex is gone, I get it, but I would call that good coaching.

I just want an offense that consistently scores touchdowns. Rex has spent the last 5 years trying to construct a perfect defense and he's going to be fired because the offense has been awful throughout. That is his fault.

I just want an offense that consistently scores touchdowns. Rex has spent the last 5 years trying to construct a perfect defense and he's going to be fired because the offense has been awful throughout. That is his fault.

This goes back to how much say we think he had or has regarding draft picks. It's my contention that Rex has gotten more out of his team than most other coaches would have been able to and if his biggest flaw is being unable to construct a quality offense then Idzik shouldn't have a problem with taking full reigns of the draft and player-personnel, seeing as how he is the GM. If Idzik believes as others do, that Rex has gotten more out of this team than other coaches could have, but that Rex can't field or construct a good offense, he should be perfectly happy having a coach that can win despite obvious talent limitations and expect him to do even better when given a talented roster. 

We already have conceded that coaches can only do so much with sh*tty QB play: re: agreeing that the packers look dreadful with Flynn. Why do we now currently think that these coaches who can't succeed on their own teams with crappy QB play, can suddenly succeed on our team, with our crappy QB play? It's just odd logic. 

We all want that.

I do not think such an offense was possible, though, with the QB he had.  And yes I believe he had a fairly high (or higher) opinion of Sanchez for some time.  But philosophy or background in offense aside, no one was building an offensive juggernaut with Mark or with a rookie Geno.  Truth be told, the only way to have gotten close with Sanchez was probably the way we nearly got there ourselves, with a power ground attack and generally good or better defense.  

But I agree I like seeing the Jets score points.  While I don't think it's convincingly debatable we could have had a consistent, high-powered offense with the QBs we've had over these 5 years, I'm fine with moving on.  

We all want that.

I do not think such an offense was possible, though, with the QB he had.  And yes I believe he had a fairly high (or higher) opinion of Sanchez for some time.  But philosophy or background in offense aside, no one was building an offensive juggernaut with Mark or with a rookie Geno.  Truth be told, the only way to have gotten close with Sanchez was probably the way we nearly got there ourselves, with a power ground attack and generally good or better defense.  

But I agree I like seeing the Jets score points.  While I don't think it's convincingly debatable we could have had a consistent, high-powered offense with the QBs we've had over these 5 years, I'm fine with moving on.  

Right, I agree with you there. But Rex loved Sanchez too. Our opinions differ on the negative impact Rex as a HC has on an offense. We all knew it was an issue with his old man. 

Right, I agree with you there. But Rex loved Sanchez too. Our opinions differ on the negative impact Rex as a HC has on an offense. We all knew it was an issue with his old man.

Rex is a great offensive mind.his recognition of how good Sanche was. And his hiring of Sporano were genius.

This goes back to how much say we think he had or has regarding draft picks. It's my contention that Rex has gotten more out of his team than most other coaches would have been able to and if his biggest flaw is being unable to construct a quality offense then Idzik shouldn't have a problem with taking full reigns of the draft and player-personnel, seeing as how he is the GM. If Idzik believes as others do, that Rex has gotten more out of this team than other coaches could have, but that Rex can't field or construct a good offense, he should be perfectly happy having a coach that can win despite obvious talent limitations and expect him to do even better when given a talented roster. 

We already have conceded that coaches can only do so much with sh*tty QB play: re: agreeing that the packers look dreadful with Flynn. Why do we now currently think that these coaches who can't succeed on their own teams with crappy QB play, can suddenly succeed on our team, with our crappy QB play? It's just odd logic. 

I think Rex has been deeply involved in the draft process. And l never conceded the Packers looked awful with Flynn...I thought they've played OK.

Question is- will a Rex Ryan coached Jets team ever have a good offense? That is his responsibility as much as anyone's within the organization.

I think Rex has been deeply involved in the draft process. And l never conceded the Packers looked awful with Flynn...I thought they've played OK.

Question is- will a Rex Ryan coached Jets team ever have a good offense? That is his responsibility as much as anyone's within the organization.

Define "good Offense"?

If you mean, high pwered up tempo, sling it all over? NEVER

If you mean, QB driven pass first mix in the run? NEVER

If you mean, Ground n pound ball control, take the game to the 4th Quarter and rely on your defense? BINGO

Archived