Anyone else tired of Rex and the Jets taking Bows

NCJETSFAN

Why does it seem that Rex the players and the Jets organization always feel a need to tell everyone how good there team is and how great there draft picks are etc. Most teams that don't make the playoffs are embarrassed and don't call attention to themselves . But Rex and the jets after beating a 4 -11 team act like they won a Super Bowl .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it seem that Rex the players and the Jets organization always feel a need to tell everyone how good there team is and how great there draft picks are etc. Most teams that don't make the playoffs are embarrassed and don't call attention to themselves . But Rex and the jets after beating a 4 -11 team act like they won a Super Bowl .

Oh boy, we had another thread similar and I got blasted for "poking" at their celebartion after the game yesterday. Be prepared, especially from Jif, who absolutely undressed me for that post.

Stupid Jets.  Getting excited about winning and giving high fives to their fans who showed up for a meaningless game and stayed to the end.  I mean, dont they get it?  The Jets suck and arent allowed to be happy they won their last home game.  Nope.  They should cry and pout and tell the fans to go home and not enjoy this win.  Stupid Jets.  Stupid fans.  How dare they want to win.  HOW DARE THEM!  They could have moved up a slot on the draft board.  Assbags.  All of them.

yeah i wish they would just crawl into a fetal postion and cry about it. 

It will be interesting if the Giants win their last game at the Meds and see how Coughlin, and the Giants "react"? Somehow I think it will be more along the lines of "act like you been there" kind of "celebration", dont you?

Stupid Jets.  Getting excited about winning and giving high fives to their fans who showed up for a meaningless game and stayed to the end.  I mean, dont they get it?  The Jets suck and arent allowed to be happy they won their last home game.  Nope.  They should cry and pout and tell the fans to go home and not enjoy this win.  Stupid Jets.  Stupid fans.  How dare they want to win.  HOW DARE THEM!  They could have moved up a slot on the draft board.  Assbags.  All of them.

I knew I could count on you to come through. Way to go.

It will be interesting if the Giants win their last game at the Meds and see how Coughlin, and the Giants "react"? Somehow I think it will be more along the lines of "act like you been there" kind of "celebration", dont you?

When you no longer get excited about winning then you should do something else.  Besides not a single player on the Jets roster was alive the last time the Jets won a Superbowl.    How the hell can they act like the have been there? 

When you no longer get excited about winning then you should do something else.  Besides not a single player on the Jets roster was alive the last time the Jets won a Superbowl.    How the hell can they act like the have been there? 

Actually, I never thought of that, good point. Will any be alive for the next one?

Every win under Wrecks is a basis for a Thanksgiving day parade degree of self-celebration. Which is why if they do not win Sunday they will have an unbroken string of 35 games dating back to 2011 failing to win back to back games. That's a lack of focus on the task at hand and that has to be on the 12th-ranked defense against the run or some such crap.

you can always tell who listens to sports radio or works with a bunch of giants fans

very sensitive to rex being rex giving them easy ammo, lol

who gives a sh*t

lets just be grateful we aren't getting an inch of ice which would knock out power for 2 weeks

happy holidays !!!

Exactly.  Any competitor loves to win and hates to lose.  If you cant enjoy it, whats the point?  Besides, this is a young team, every win means something.

The "victory lap". lulza  It was the last home game of the season.  They were saying bye for the year to the fans. It just so happened they won, so like most humans, they were happy about it.

This post isn't abt them winning yest and being happy abt it ! It's about them always telling us how good they are or how good they draft ! Yesterday after 15 weeks milliner has a good game . Right away Rex comes out and says he's the best DB in draft jeez 1 game he played well can we just let him continue and see if he gets better ? Same with geno they act like he's the next Andrew luck. He's had like 3 good games is all . Let them develop without all the nonsense

The Giants won't do it and I'll tell you why.  They aren't going to go around the stadium in a victory lap because what do they have to thank their fans for?  They should be apologizing to their fans for sh*tting the bed to start the season 0-6 when a lot of Giants' fans had such high expectations for a playoff team.  Not one single Giants' fan I know predicted a 7-9 team.  They were all predicting the division was theirs, and were going to challenge for the Super Bowl.  They underachieved all year long, looked like they didn't care at times, and overall were a huge disappointment.  Hell, even the GM put up a Super Bowl countdown to motivate the team.  How did that work out?  If the Jets had done that, the media would be bringing it up every day.

The Jets, even though a lot of you will never admit it, had a successful season when you compare it to the extremely low expectations thrown around before the season even started.  A rookie QB who was considered fairly raw, who had to learn to take snaps under center.  A less-than-stellar WR core, question marks at RB and TE, etc.  More than half of the defense was totally new as well.  And they still have a chance to go 8-8.  Anyone who says they expected this team to go to the Super Bowl is a liar, plain and simple.  The majority of you were predicting this team would go 3-13 or 4-12 in the preseason.  The Jets were saying "thank you" for the fans sticking it out the whole year.

The Giants won't do that because they just want the year to end so they can crawl back in their holes and focus more on the Jets than their own team, unlike what they did this past offseason.  I heard more Giants talking about the Jets than Jets players/management talking about the Giants.

The Giants won't do it and I'll tell you why.  They aren't going to go around the stadium in a victory lap because what do they have to thank their fans for?  They should be apologizing to their fans for sh*tting the bed to start the season 0-6 when a lot of Giants' fans had such high expectations for a playoff team.  Not one single Giants' fan I know predicted a 7-9 team.  They were all predicting the division was theirs, and were going to challenge for the Super Bowl.  They underachieved all year long, looked like they didn't care at times, and overall were a huge disappointment.  Hell, even the GM put up a Super Bowl countdown to motivate the team.  How did that work out?  If the Jets had done that, the media would be bringing it up every day.

The Jets, even though a lot of you will never admit it, had a successful season when you compare it to the extremely low expectations thrown around before the season even started.  A rookie QB who was considered fairly raw, who had to learn to take snaps under center.  A less-than-stellar WR core, question marks at RB and TE, etc.  More than half of the defense was totally new as well.  And they still have a chance to go 8-8.  Anyone who says they expected this team to go to the Super Bowl is a liar, plain and simple.  The majority of you were predicting this team would go 3-13 or 4-12 in the preseason.  The Jets were saying "thank you" for the fans sticking it out the whole year.

The Giants won't do that because they just want the year to end so they can crawl back in their holes and focus more on the Jets than their own team, unlike what they did this past offseason.  I heard more Giants talking about the Jets than Jets players/management talking about the Giants.

Actually, as I have stated before, I predicted 5-11. Oh well.

Archived