Anyone else tired of Rex and the Jets taking Bows

NCJETSFAN

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you listened to Francesa today, he is very tired of it.  LOL

Off topic if anyone heard him spend an hour politely critiquing a Knicks team and organization that is an all time NY sports debacle right now,..I'd say it's almost a given his simulcast is heading to MSG

KSJets nailed it-the Giants were considered contenders, this season is a disappointment even if they did come back much better in the second half.

The Jets were supposed to be bottom of the barrel, a real crap year was all that was supposed to happen given their personnel/cap situation.  They looked real lost after the bye but recovered and showed they are on the way up, with better personnel on the way next year.  Worth celebrating.

What the **** happened to Ray Liotta after Goodfellas? I picked some random movie on Netflix and he's playing(poorly) an evil wizard. His career arc reminds me of Rex, who I think we should keep. He just needs Idzik to get him Martin Scorsese.

In the Name of the King is awesome. Statham, Reynolds and Shaggy. How can you go wrong?

KSJets nailed it-the Giants were considered contenders, this season is a disappointment even if they did come back much better in the second half.

The Jets were supposed to be bottom of the barrel, a real crap year was all that was supposed to happen given their personnel/cap situation. They looked real lost after the bye but recovered and showed they are on the way up, with better personnel on the way next year. Worth celebrating.

Makeing the playoffs is worth celebrating. Going 8-8 isn't I don't think the cards celebrated winning 10 after being terriable last year .

They should be pissed that they played so bad when it mattered

Makeing the playoffs is worth celebrating. Going 8-8 isn't I don't think the cards celebrated winning 10 after being terriable last year .

They should be pissed that they played so bad when it mattered

Nobody was celebrating 8-8.  Play the video and listen very closely.  The locker room erupts when Wood announces that Rex will be returning.  Totally different story if they stared celebrating when Woody said he was proud of them regardless of the outcome of that game.  That would have been pathetc.  Celebrating becuase you know you played well enough to salvage the job of a coach you love is a completely different story.  No matter what any of the fans feel about Rex, the players were celebrating the way they feel about Rex.

I despise Rex and want him gone yesterday, but I agree with this. I don't think even Rex is stupid enough to over blow a home win against one of the worst teams in the league.

Than again he did brag about home pre-season wins, so who knows.

Do you not understand the concept of sarcasm?

I'm on record saying I would have moved on from Rex.  However, I can live with him coming back considering there are six openings now (maybe more coming - Titans) and who knows who we would have gotten of the top candidates.

However, I can't shake the feeling that Rex and the Jets literally seem to be celebrating this past season.  I realize we went 8-8 with a putrid offense and rookies all over the place.

But can we set the bar a little higher?  Is it too much to ask to not puff out your chest about a year which literally drove the fan base crazy?

We closed the year strong after we were eliminated.  Great.

In a year when 9-7 was good enough and there's mediocrity or below all over the place we didn't get in...for the third time in a row.

I find it incredibly frustrating that I'm still disappointed with the season and every image I see of Rex is of his huge smiling face.

I'm not suggesting he wear black and act like it's a funeral.  But I don't feel like a team on the rise.  I feel like a team simply hanging on.

I'm on record saying I would have moved on from Rex.  However, I can live with him coming back considering there are six openings now (maybe more coming - Titans) and who knows who we would have gotten of the top candidates.

However, I can't shake the feeling that Rex and the Jets literally seem to be celebrating this past season.  I realize we went 8-8 with a putrid offense and rookies all over the place.

But can we set the bar a little higher?  Is it too much to ask to not puff out your chest about a year which literally drove the fan base crazy?

We closed the year strong after we were eliminated.  Great.

In a year when 9-7 was good enough and there's mediocrity or below all over the place we didn't get in...for the third time in a row.

I find it incredibly frustrating that I'm still disappointed with the season and every image I see of Rex is of his huge smiling face.

I'm not suggesting he wear black and act like it's a funeral.  But I don't feel like a team on the rise.  I feel like a team simply hanging on.

This is the first season in 3 years that didn't end in a collapse, it ended with a string of good games, and wins, and positive showing from a lot of rookies - on a team whose rookies logged more minutes than any other team this season. There IS a lot of positives to take away from this season.

Should they be "taking bows" or acting like they accomplished something? No. However, there's no reason for them not to be optimistic and that is all they are projecting right now... optimism.

This is the first season in 3 years that didn't end in a collapse, it ended with a string of good games, and wins, and positive showing from a lot of rookies - on a team whose rookies logged more minutes than any other team this season. There IS a lot of positives to take away from this season.

Should they be "taking bows" or acting like they accomplished something? No. However, there's no reason for them not to be optimistic and that is all they are projecting right now... optimism.

Optimism is a foreign concept for Jet fans. 

Optimism is a foreign concept for Jet fans. 

+10.  It's gotten to the point where I don't come in here the day after a loss.  Nonstop "It's bad, it's been bad and it's never gonna get better" interspersed with apoplectic screeds against the management and coaching makes me wonder why I come in at all.

+10.  It's gotten to the point where I don't come in here the day after a loss.  Nonstop "It's bad, it's been bad and it's never gonna get better" interspersed with apoplectic screeds against the management and coaching makes me wonder why I come in.

Because I'd miss you.

The last time Jets fans were optimistic was at the end of the 2010 season when Rex similarly acted like there should be a parade for him.

Yep and then Rex and Tanny decided that a trio of thug (two over the hill) WR's would be good for his young QB. Then also decided to yet again neglect having a back-up QB you could actually use when needed.

Did the whole 5 Captains thing. Had no idea that there were issues in the locker room. In Rex we trust.

Yep and then Rex and Tanny decided that a trio of thug (two over the hill) WR's would be good for his young QB. Then also decided to yet again neglect having a back-up QB you could actually use when needed.

Did the whole 5 Captains thing. Had no idea that there were issues in the locker room. In Rex we trust.

Dude, you better duck, and I mean QUICK!!

Yep and then Rex and Tanny decided that a trio of thug (two over the hill) WR's would be good for his young QB. Then also decided to yet again neglect having a back-up QB you could actually use when needed.

Did the whole 5 Captains thing. Had no idea that there were issues in the locker room. In Rex we trust.

But it'll be different this time because he's on a second lame-duck contract. You know you have a good coach when you have to motivate him with a series of one-year deals.

But it'll be different this time because he's on a second lame-duck contract. You know you have a good coach when you have to motivate him with a series of one-year deals.

I'd like to hope he's learned from his mistakes and has a much better GM and coaching staff surrounding him.

That same GM & Staff that watched him play his starting QB in the 4th qtr of the final pre-season game?

How does any organization allow that to happen?

That same QB that 95% of this message board was hoping would get run over by a bus?  Now everyone is totally outraged that we didn't have him available for the season?

That same QB that 95% of this message board was hoping would get run over by a bus?  Now everyone is totally outraged that we didn't have him available for the season?

No. Outraged at the incompetancy shown by the fact that they played him in that situation. But hey, Rex "learned" from that mistake.

That same GM & Staff that watched him play his starting QB in the 4th qtr of the final pre-season game?

How does any organization allow that to happen?

Much as I wanted Wrecks gone, Sanchez sucked and probably wasn't starting anyway, and his trade value midseason was may be a 4th aor 5th rounder. Doubt his production would've been much better than Smith. You cannot possibly think the loss of Sanchez was a catastrophe? He was and still is awful.  

Much as I wanted Wrecks gone, Sanchez sucked and probably wasn't starting anyway, and his trade value midseason was may be a 4th aor 5th rounder. Doubt his production would've been much better than Smith. You cannot possibly think the loss of Sanchez was a catastrophe? He was and still is awful.

The lone positive would have been that they could have played Sanchez and shielded Smith for 6-8 games until he learned how to drop back without falling down.

Archived