Nnamdi Asomugha RETIRES

joewilly12

Free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha has decided to retire.

Asomugha will sign a one-day contract with the Raiders on Friday, retiring as a member of the organization that made him the No. 31 overall pick of the 2003 draft. Asomugha was a two-time All Pro for the Raiders, including in 2010. He hit the open market the following summer, and was the most sought after post-lockout free agent. Asomugha landed a five-year, $60 million deal from the Eagles that included $25 million guaranteed, but was a mammoth bust in the City of Brotherly Love, earning his release last March. He signed a one-year contract with the 49ers, but played just 149 snaps before being benched in Week 4. He was released in November. Asomugha is only 32, but simply has nothing left.

Always cracks me up when these guys sign these 1 day contracts and then retire.

What's the point?

He left the Raiders for the almighty buck (and more power to him), but are we then to believe that he has such a "hole in his heart" for the Raiders that he wants to retire wearing a black and silver hat?

Give me a break.

What's the point?

He left the Raiders for the almighty buck (and more power to him), but are we then to believe that he has such a "hole in his heart" for the Raiders that he wants to retire wearing a black and silver hat?

Give me a break.

when you spend a lot of time somewhere and have success there im sure yes he has a soft spot for the raiders. Those days were probably his fondest playing memories

What's the point?

Give me a break.

And it's not like he was some great player that warrants this kind of treatment.  What a crock.

Archived