Geno impressed me

Jacked4JetsFB

In his last 4 games, his INT/TD ratio was 4:2, plus 3 rushing touchdowns, and 0 fumbles. Completion was 60%, give or take. I'll grant you that was against a softer part of the schedule, but I think he showed improvement.

The #1 thing that he definitely improved on was ball security within the pocket: a whopping 8 fumbles during the 1st 10 games of the season, compared to 0 fumbles in the last 6 games of the season. If you want to break it down into 8 game chunks instead, it was 6 fumbles in the first half of the season compared to 2 in the second half.

Another thing he has improved on is his pocket awareness. In the first half of the season, he was sacked 28 times. In the second half, just 15 times. In the last 4 games, he was sacked 1.25 times per game on average. In the first 12 games, he was sacked 3.16 times per game.

I know he sat out for portions of some of these games, but I still think that's a statistical improvement.

Geno will be an ok QB we need a a real good or great one to be a consistent winner . Go look at the top 4 or 5 teams in both leagues all have great or very good Qb ! Geno is to inconsistent for me misses to many open recivers hold ball to long etc same things he did at WV !

It was his rookie year. Why dont you look at those top 4 or 5 teams....none of them have a rookie QB. 

Archived