This year's playoff QB's

Jetsfan80

Nick Foles (118.7 QB rating) or RomoOrton (96.7, 85.4)

Peyton (113.0)

Rodgers (108.0) or Cutler (88.1)

Roethlisberger (93.7) or Rivers (105.5)

Brees (101.8)

Wilson (101.1)

Dalton (91.0)

Kaepernick (89.9)

Newton (89.2)

Alex Smith (89.1)

Brady (88.0)

Luck (86.0)

I sense a trend here.....

Geno 30

Actually I think he might. Talent will allow him to wing it now and again but he doesn't have the ability to make the second and third reads needed to consistently perform in the NFL

It's a shame it took him 13 weeks to figure out what R Wilson did in 9 weeks last year, his legs could hide his inability to go through his 2nd, and 3rd reads, so instead of blindly throwing to a 2nd, or 3rd read, or forcing to a covered 1st read, bail out, then look up see of someone broke free if not get what you can with your legs, and live to play another down! This season could have been a one, and done playoff year at 9-7 instead of a 8-8 celebration the coach kept his job season (or maybe the magic man Rex Ryan pulls the wool over the sheeps eyes, and out coaches M Lewis, and J Fox/P Manning again to get us to the AFCCG, and duel B Belicheck/T Brady to the death, oh what a week that would be)!

It's a shame it took him 13 weeks to figure out what R Wilson did in 9 weeks last year, his legs could hide his inability to go through his 2nd, and 3rd reads, so instead of blindly throwing to a 2nd, or 3rd read, or forcing to a covered 1st read, bail out, then look up see of someone broke free if not get what you can with your legs, and live to play another down! This season could have been a one, and done playoff year at 9-7 instead of a 8-8 celebration the coach kept his job season (or maybe the magic man Rex Ryan pulls the wool over the sheeps eyes, and out coaches M Lewis, and J Fox/P Manning again to get us to the AFCCG, and duel B Belicheck/T Brady to the death, oh what a week that would be)!

Can't tell if you are mocking me or not. Well played.

Playoff game?

We're happy when Geno doesn't turn the ball over. But right now he's not the QB to take this team to the next level because he can't put the offense on his back and win the game with his arm. Period.

Dude stop reaching. Geno had a good enough rookie campaign to be the starter next season. This game was a playoff game for the fins and Geno threw for 200 yards and ran for 50 yards with a TD, no turnovers. He's 3-1 in December with 7TD's to just 2 turnovers. 

Your opinion is like an a$$hole, everyone has one. Bottomline is Geno is the starter as he should be, he'll get some weapons on offense thanks to Idzik and we'll see whats up next year. 

Dude stop reaching. Geno had a good enough rookie campaign to be the starter next season. This game was a playoff game for the fins and Geno threw for 200 yards and ran for 50 yards with a TD, no turnovers. He's 3-1 in December with 7TD's to just 2 turnovers.

Your opinion is like an a$$hole, everyone has one. Bottomline is Geno is the starter as he should be, he'll get some weapons on offense thanks to Idzik and we'll see whats up next year.

Remember when they just kept giving Sanchez the gig and not bringing in competition? That worked out swell.

He played decently down the stretch because he wasn't a complete abomination but he won games with his legs and not his arm against not great defenses. Good for him. Doesn't mean he's the starter next season automatically. He needs to earn it. He may just do that, but it's not going to a given to him.

how do you explain 3 former SB MVP QB's missed the playoffs ? (manning, flacco,ben)

the key in the "new" NFL is to make a run before your young QB gets his 2nd contract and kills the cap.   

Flacco, Rapistburger, and Ryan take up too much cap space and kill the team's depth.    Rodgers is in a similar position in GB but the young players around him haven't gotten their 2nd contract yet.  

Wilson, Foles, Kaepernick, Luck, Dalton - all on their 1st contracts (so is Newton but that was under the old CBA).   Manning is a big chunk of the cap but he is really only temporary so they can afford it.  

Brady has always been cap friendly to the team and Brees is just that good although the Saints can't win on the road.  

Remember when they just kept giving Sanchez the gig and not bringing in competition? That worked out swell.

He played decently down the stretch because he wasn't a complete abomination but he won games with his legs and not his arm against not great defenses. Good for him. Doesn't mean he's the starter next season automatically. He needs to earn it. He may just do that, but it's not going to a given to him.

The problem wasnt "competition" the problem was not having continuity. continuous change of WR's, multiple coordinators with different philosophies, no coach/coordinator around that had a history of really developing a QB. That contributed the most to Sanchez lack of production. 

The move that Jon and Woody did today by keeping Rex and ultimately Marty on board will bring that aspect together for Geno. Geno will have different receivers but the good thing about this is that he'll have the opportunity to have better receivers than a "shell of myself" Santonio Holmes as a #1 and just a terrible Stephen Hill at #2 who shouldnt even be in the league. 

I have a feeling that we will pick up a relatively young WR in free agency with talent and draft a rookie, a couple guys who can grow with Geno. That my friend is something that Sanchez also never had. 

And as for your "he won games with his legs", a team that is concerned about Geno using his legs more would look at that as a BIG step in the right direction. Especially if LB's will have to monitor/honor his running ability next year along with some actual talent at the WR position. 

Say what you want, but until I see Geno have a bad year with talent at the offensive skillset positions then im quite satisfied with his rookie performance, 8 wins with his biggest threat/target being Jeremy Kerley. 

The problem wasnt "competition" the problem was not having continuity. continuous change of WR's, multiple coordinators with different philosophies, no coach/coordinator around that had a history of really developing a QB. That contributed the most to Sanchez lack of production. 

The move that Jon and Woody did today by keeping Rex and ultimately Marty on board will bring that aspect together for Geno. Geno will have different receivers but the good thing about this is that he'll have the opportunity to have better receivers than a "shell of myself" Santonio Holmes as a #1 and just a terrible Stephen Hill at #2 who shouldnt even be in the league. 

I have a feeling that we will pick up a relatively young WR in free agency with talent and draft a rookie, a couple guys who can grow with Geno. That my friend is something that Sanchez also never had. 

And as for your "he won games with his legs", a team that is concerned about Geno using his legs more would look at that as a BIG step in the right direction. Especially if LB's will have to monitor/honor his running ability next year along with some actual talent at the WR position. 

Say what you want, but until I see Geno have a bad year with talent at the offensive skillset positions then im quite satisfied with his rookie performance, 8 wins with his biggest threat/target being Jeremy Kerley.

I agree continuity is key.  I disagree about competition.  Geno should have to earn it in year 2 as well, and we should have a reliable back up in place should he have another meltdown like he did in games 10-14 this year.   Not sure if that means bringing Sanchez back as that competition/back up or another veteran, but I think that presence will help Geno in that it will push him to get better in TC, and will keep him grounded during the season.   

I agree continuity is key.  I disagree about competition.  Geno should have to earn it in year 2 as well, and we should have a reliable back up in place should he have another meltdown like he did in games 10-14 this year.   Not sure if that means bringing Sanchez back as that competition/back up or another veteran, but I think that presence will help Geno in that it will push him to get better in TC, and will keep him grounded during the season.   

Im not saying that he shouldnt have competition, what im saying is competition without continuity defeats the purpose if you're trying to develop a QB. Of course you bring in a QB who can play the position. If this QB is clear cut better then you sit Geno. There's nothing wrong with having a young QB learn. However the purpose must be for the betterment of the team, the position and the players playing the position. Thats not the point of view from many of these anti-Geno Jet fans though. Many people simply dont like Geno because he didnt have a Russell Wilson-like rookie year, or should I say, because he looked like a rookie. These trigger happy fans have yet to be right. Develop the player, if the team is not interested in doing so then they need not to draft a QB plain and simple. 

Archived