Geno and his accuracy

BigOrangeJetFan

Nice win. No turnovers. Still missed a sure TD to Nelson.

Is Geno inaccurate because of his footwork? Was he late on the throw?  Do you expect him to improve his accuracy next year, or is this as good as it gets? 

I think he has a problem seeing down field because he is also missing the wide open targets where he is not even throwing the ball.  Maybe he is just rushing too much and the game will slow down for him next season.  He has the strength.

The OP is correct in his analyst.

I'm not a Dino Smith fan, but today, and last week, he played well enough to win.  Today was a very good day in an otherwise dismal season.  Rex will be back next year.  The Jets played like a decent NFL team.  The stinking Fish were knocked out of the play offs.

I'm not going to beat up on Dino today.

Next week is a different matter  

The OP is correct in his analyst.

I'm not a Dino Smith fan, but today, and last week, he played well enough to win.  Today was a very good day in an otherwise dismal season.  Rex will be back next year.  The Jets played like a decent NFL team.  The stinking Fish were knocked out of the play offs.

I'm not going to beat up on Dino today.

Next week is a different matter

Totally. Dino sucks.

Wow, you've never seen a qb improve in his second year? Geno aha definitely earned a shot at being the starter next year

Interestingly enough the last question Rex was asked in his post game presser was "Will Geno Smith be the incumbent starter next year"?  Rex replied "I don't know".  Read into that what you want 

Geno lacks the necessary hardware between the ears. He will show flashes--talent allows one to overcome a lot of deficiencies in spurts--but this is never gonna be a guy picking a defense apart with his wits. If you have a shot at a true blue chip qb in the draft to have to take it.

Geno lacks the necessary hardware between the ears. He will show flashes--talent allows one to overcome a lot of deficiencies in spurts--but this is never gonna be a guy picking a defense apart with his wits. If you have a shot at a true blue chip qb in the draft to have to take it.

I'm not a Geno ball washer, but give the kid a freaking chance.    Geno is a totally different QB with Kerley on the field so there is some support for the "weapons" theory.   

While he certainly didn't light it up in his rookie year there really wasn't a single game breaker on the offense.    Holmes was a disaster, Kerley missed 1/3 of the season,  the team improved w/o Hill, and rest of the wr's were signed off the scrap heap.   

At some point this year Clyde Gates was the #1 wr - try to keep just how bad the talent on offense was.    I am just happy Geno was a rookie and I didn't have to see Sanchez do the same thing for another year.  

I'm not a Geno ball washer, but give the kid a freaking chance. Geno is a totally different QB with Kerley on the field so there is some support for the "weapons" theory.

While he certainly didn't light it up in his rookie year there really wasn't a single game breaker on the offense. Holmes was a disaster, Kerley missed 1/3 of the season, the team improved w/o Hill, and rest of the wr's were signed off the scrap heap.

At some point this year Clyde Gates was the #1 wr - try to keep just how bad the talent on offense was. I am just happy Geno was a rookie and I didn't have to see Sanchez do the same thing for another year.

You make a lot of good points. I think the jury is still out. But in my opinion he will never be a guy that can exploit a defenses weaknesses. He is a one look and run kind of player.

Nice win. No turnovers. Still missed a sure TD to Nelson.

Is Geno inaccurate because of his footwork? Was he late on the throw?  Do you expect him to improve his accuracy next year, or is this as good as it gets? 

That throw down the sideline to Nelson before the end of the 1st half was pinpoint. You couldnt have thrown that ball any better. 

Interestingly enough the last question Rex was asked in his post game presser was "Will Geno Smith be the incumbent starter next year"?  Rex replied "I don't know".  Read into that what you want 

Rex was laughing at the question before that which I think was another attempt to ask about his contract.  Bruce Speight was telling Rex that the presser was over, so as Rex said that he was walking away. 

I wouldn't read into that response at all.

Archived