With the 18th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the NY Jets Select?

Lupz27

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?

Yeah.  You see, the way the draft works is that everyone picks a player, and they go in a predetermined order.  So, naturally, there is one less player available after each pick.  So, the higher you pick the more players you can choose from.  Don't worry, it's really quite simple once you get the hang of it.

Yeah.  You see, the way the draft works is that everyone picks a player, and they go in a predetermined order.  So, naturally, there is one less player available after each pick.  So, the higher you pick the more players you can choose from.  Don't worry, it's really quite simple once you get the hang of it.

I"VE BEEN DOOING IT ALL WRONG!!! 

The thing is, it's not just seven spots or whatever we drop for winning a meaningless game. It's the draft picks falling in all rounds because of it. That's a lot of value lost for something kind of stupid.

I'm not saying it makes it too much harder to still find a good player, but this is a draft with some pretty good wr talent up top and it would kind of suck to miss out on it or have to pay more in draft picks to get one we like. Regardless, our drafting has been suspect for like te entire franchise history so i guess it is moot anyways.

yeah you have more of a choice, but it's not worth tanking a game for.

Im not suggesting it is worth tanking a game for, the last two weeks are good for the young players and the overall franchise.

but at 11 we would be able to get one of the top WR's, at 18 I doubt it.

I don't like any of the FA WR's, so I expect we will still be weak at WR next year.

If there was a way to trade down and come away with both Odell Beckham and Brandin Cooks I would be a very happy fan.

I like this two for one better than Lee, Watkins and...well I don't know how I feel about Evans, he's either Mike Williams or Vincent Jackson (maybe even better). I think Watkins is slightly overrated. I don't think he's a dominant top 5 pick like CJ, A.Johnson, Fitzgerald etc. 

Also, not for nothing Davante Parker had a very impressive season and topped it off with an amazing bowl game. Might be a nice mid round pick.

Parker is supposed to be slow. If Lee runs a sub 4.5, he could go top 10. Jets have to hope teams ahead of them get QB happy.

Mike Evans WR Texas A&M, I like him better than Marqise Lee even though Lee is rated high on ESPN.

Evans has Calvin Johnson size, he is 6'5" 225 pounds, I think this is the kind of receiver we need for Geno more so than the 6 foot, 195 pound Lee. Geno needs a big target, and someone who can just out muscle a CB at the line of scrimmage and get open for a quick goal line pass like we see Megatron do for the Lions.

They'll have $50M or so to spend in FA to fill a variety of needs before the draft, so that during the draft they can do the intelligent thing and go BAP - especially in the first round.

I agree, only issue is BAP at 18 is usually a defender or an O line, while it may be the smart move be ready for the fan base to short circuit

LOL! Come on man, your trying to hard. Your better than this.....

It's too bad you are just soooooo important, and soooooooo busy, I'd really enjoy seeing that.

Stop being so pussy hurt today because you where wrong and Rex is a success. You lost, time to move on and pledge your loyalty if you're a real fan

They'll have $50M or so to spend in FA to fill a variety of needs before the draft, so that during the draft they can do the intelligent thing and go BAP - especially in the first round.

We have abt 30 after cutting Sanchez Holmes and Cro

The FA market isn't great and theres alot of teams with $ to spend t so it's not as easy as one thinks!

Archived