Winning 'Run for Reggie' may not pay off

TaborJet

Yeah, but that's not even a valid comparison. Neither is Shaun Alexander. You guys are totally missing the point. Reggie Bush = Lebron James. Do you get it yet? Anywhere they play, they're going to be gods. They have unbelievable hype. Everyone is going to go to them. It doesn't matter where they play. They're special. They don't need a place to market them. They're already marketed. Everyone is going to go to them.

Barnum would not have hired you :wink:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's one of the best wide recievers in the NFL, anyone who follows the NFL recognizes it

What you are tending to leave out of your analysis, is that this is not all about teh people that KNOW the NFL real well. :wink:

Upselling is certainly a large part of marketing, but the key is to establish new growth. That is the essence of succesful marketing

he's one of the best wide recievers in the NFL, anyone who follows the NFL recognizes it

Maybe on message boards.

Go in the mall and ask people (male or female) if they know who Anquan Boldin is. I bet about 10% of them know who he is, probably even less. Probably 60% of them that dont know who Boldin is, dont even know what the name of the Arizona football team is.

What you are tending to leave out of your analysis, is that this is not all about teh people that KNOW the NFL real well. :wink:

Upselling is certainly a large part of marketing, but the key is to establish new growth. That is the essence of succesful marketing

OK, I buy into that.

And even barton makes a good point in his above post. :shock:

But that still would not apply to a "true" NFL superstar. :wink:

Barnum would not have hired you :wink:

Well, it's a good thing that I wouldn't go to work for Barnum, eh?

And, I guess it's a good thing we're talking about Reggie Bush, and not some circus. To use an analogy, Reggie Bush is the party. Everyone wants to be apart of the party. And, where ever he goes, that's where the party will be.

Well, it's a good thing that I wouldn't go to work for Barnum, eh?

And, I guess it's a good thing we're talking about Reggie Bush, and not some circus. To use an analogy, Reggie Bush is the party. Everyone wants to be apart of the party. And, where ever he goes, that's where the party will be.

Why do you think Donovan McNabb is such a merchandising mainstream star, and Steve McNair isn't?

Your argument is that Reggie Bush will be a superstar in marketing wherever he goes. That very well may be.

But the fact is true that his star is brighter in New York in comparison to New Orleans. To argue otherwise flies in teh face of logic and history

Why do you think Donovan McNabb is such a merchandising mainstream star, and Steve McNair isn't?

Your argument is that Reggie Bush will be a superstar in marketing wherever he goes. That very well may be.

But the fact is true that his star is brighter in New York in comparison to New Orleans. To argue otherwise flies in teh face of logic and history

You're still not getting it. Coming into the leauge, no one has had the hype of Reggie Bush. What part of the comparison to Lebron James, don't you get? Reggie Bush is already a star. McNabb, McNair, Alexander... none of them are as big of a star as Reggie Bush is now. Yes, right now, Reggie Bush is the biggest football star in the United States.

And, as far as the comparison of McNabb and McNair? Donavan was apart of one of the most hyped quarterback drafts, and actually panned out. Oh, and his team was pretty good, getting to four consecutive NFC championship games, and a Super Bowl... and that whole thing with Owens. McNair? He goes about his business quietly, and he's always hurt. If you're not out there, how can you make a name for yourself?

You're still not getting it. Coming into the leauge, no one has had the hype of Reggie Bush. What part of the comparison to Lebron James, don't you get? Reggie Bush is already a star. McNabb, McNair, Alexander... none of them are as big of a star as Reggie Bush is now. Yes, right now, Reggie Bush is the biggest football star in the United States.

And, as far as the comparison of McNabb and McNair? Donavan was apart of one of the most hyped quarterback drafts, and actually panned out. Oh, and his team was pretty good, getting to four consecutive NFC championship games, and a Super Bowl... and that whole thing with Owens. McNair? He goes about his business quietly, and he's always hurt. If you're not out there, how can you make a name for yourself?

Flaws of your reasoning

_McNair was very hyped coming out of college.

_McNair has led his team to numerous playoffs and the SuperBowl

_Donovan had most of his marketing deals in place, pre Owens

Other than that you were right on :roll:

Flaws of your reasoning

_McNair was very hyped coming out of college.

_McNair has led his team to numerous playoffs and the SuperBowl

_Donovan had most of his marketing deals in place, pre Owens

Other than that you were right on :roll:

And, if I remember right, for the four years pre-McNabb, McNair was what was on everyone's mind. Then the injury bug hit, and he went down hill. And, pre-Owens, McNabb was the best QB out of that draft, he played at a major university, he beat Michigan (which was a big deal back then), and he led his team to THREE NFC championship games!

And, neither of those two have half the hype that Reggie Bush has. As I stated, which you clearly ignored, Reggie is by far and away a bigger star than both McNabb and McNair. And, you also ignored the Lebron James comparison. I guess whatever you pick and choose to try and make your very weak position look good. Nike is going to take this kid to the sun. He's already at the moon. He's going to be a huge star, even if he fails on the field.

Archived