MUST WATCH VIDEO: Jets Locker Room Reaction to Rex Retained

JustInFudge

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idzik does not look like the disgruntled GM who wants or wanted Rex fired as some on this site would have us believe. Giving him the game ball and chanting, "THIS IS OUR COACH!" is not the conduct of a GM who is having a coach forced on him.

Nor is it the conduct of a GM who two weeks ago was making calls to candidates.

What's the saying, if you can't beat em, join em?

Did you watch the video?  You can feel the emotion.  

That was Awesome! Thanks for posting that. 

Idzik's emotion seemed genuine as well.  He screamed " THIS IS OUR COACH!!!"   That was a real scream man. 

Let's get some real offensive weapons and kick some ass next year! 

Yes, I watched it.

It kind of reminded me of when I was in grade school and we would get a substitute teacher, we were all so excited.

Man, how awkward does Idzik look in that locker room?

Not very actually.  We see what we want to see I suppose. 

Idzik does not look like the disgruntled GM who wants or wanted Rex fired as some on this site would have us believe. Giving him the game ball and chanting, "THIS IS OUR COACH!" is not the conduct of a GM who is having a coach forced on him.

True, but if he's as excited about Rex as he appeared there, we should be hearing about an extension, no?

I do like that the players genuinely love Rex.  I don't agree that the team has "quit on him" as we were made to believe these last 3 years.  We simply didn't perform for both personnel and coaching reasons.  We'll see if the influx of talent makes a significant difference.  Gotta get to the playoffs next year for Rex to be here in '15 and beyond.  Simple as that.

Nor is it the conduct of a GM who two weeks ago was making calls to candidates.

What's the saying, if you can't beat em, join em?

Where is the proof that Idzik actually did this? Apparently people are saying Rex said this to his players, but how do we know this wasn't taken out of context like his "I'm going to be fired" comment which was twisted to mean that he knew the organization was letting him go when all it meant was that "word on the street" was that he was going to be fired.

What if Rex's comment was simply... "word on the street is I'm going to be fired, and that the organization is already making calls to candidates" This changes the whole meaning of this information if it's true at all. This making calls to candidates thing was said in the team meeting before the Cleveland game so it makes me think it was part of the motivational ploy to get his players up and ready and not based on anything.

True, but if he's as excited about Rex as he appeared there, we should be hearing about an extension, no?

I do like that the players genuinely love Rex.  I don't agree that the team has "quit on him" as we were made to believe these last 3 years.  We simply didn't perform for both personnel and coaching reasons.  We'll see if the influx of talent makes a significant difference.  Gotta get to the playoffs next year for Rex to be here in '15 and beyond.  Simple as that.

Well what was telling to me was that when Idzik was being interviewed in the tunnel after the game on SNY was that the interviewer asked him about an extension for Rex, and Idzik said something like "we're not talking about an extension", and then you saw on his face an "oh shoot the media will read into this wrong" expression, and then quickly added.. "publicly"

Maybe I'm reading too much into that encounter, but I think we're going to see a 2 year extension with some provision that would allow the team to save money if they want to fire him after next season anyway.

I don't watch propaganda, but I can imagine they are very happy to have failed another season.

Idzik looked genuinely happy about keeping Rex around.  For a guy who seems to be reluctant to show emotion and isn't known as an inspirational speaker, that would be a fantastic acting job if he wasn't genuine. 

Idzik looked genuinely happy about keeping Rex around.  For a guy who seems to be reluctant to show emotion and isn't known as an inspirational speaker, that would be a fantastic acting job if he wasn't genuine. 

How many times do you see a GM embrace a coach like that, especially after a season of missing the playoffs?

They <3 each other, big time.

Archived