Interesting Rumors Coming Out of Miami

MikeJetsWord

Can we parse which years were the Real Rex?

Can you explain again how the date Idzik was hired and the date Bevell was extended means that Bevell will be the Jets' head coach again? That sh*t was fascinating.

I certainly didn't trash Mangini. I thought he got shafted. It's amusing the pro-Rex movement wants to laud Rex for going 8-8 (with every one of those wins ring totally! legitimate!), but will discount that Mangini went 10-6 his first year and 9-7 his last year, then got fired. Did the players hate Mangini when they were 8-3, or only when they went 4-12? It's all so confusin' how good coachin' works.

So to recap, his best season was worse than Rex's best season, his worst season was worse than Rex's worst season, and his playoff accomplishments are exactly zero throughout his entire HC career, having been passed in that area by Rex literally as quickly as is even possible.  But sure, Rex is the worst and Mangenius is da best!  Funny how the Jets 1-4 finish under Mangini in 2008 that got him fired was him getting "shafted", but the Jets 1-4 finish under Rex in 2012 in which he wasn't fired for is something you have found to be most unforgivable for over a year now.  I suppose it's understanding to be confused when your arguments contradict themselves.

None of this even means Rex is any good, it just means trying to somehow use an argument about the merits of Mangini as HC in comparison to Rex does more to help the opposing argument than your own.

So to recap, his best season was worse than Rex's best season, his worst season was worse than Rex's worst season, and his playoff accomplishments are exactly zero throughout his entire HC career, having been passed in that area by Rex literally as quickly as is even possible.

Using this criteria, Rex isn't as good a coach as Jim Fassel.

But not really, though. Fassel's best year was better than Rex's, but his worst year was worse, his playoff record is worse, and his career win % is worse.

But yeah, another top notch argument.

Yeah, except for that whole part where 2 of those 3 points wouldn't be true in that comparison.

Keep in mind, I'm not really arguing with your opinions anymore, I'm simply pointing to your continuing tendency to post statements that are blatantly untrue.

But not really, though. Fassel's best year was better than Rex's, but his worst year was worse, his playoff record is worse, and his career win % is worse.

Ah yes, apparently should have seen this before responding.  At this point I think he's kind of just screwing with us, but whatever.

I guess I'm just confused as to how this fancy new "best year/worst year" criterium is defined. In my mind, going to the Super Bowl is better than getting blown out of an AFCCG. But I don't know. I'm not good with statistics.

Yeah, except for that whole part where 2 of those 3 points wouldn't be true in that comparison.

Keep in mind, I'm not really arguing with your opinions anymore, I'm simply pointing to your continuing tendency to post statements that are blatantly untrue.

Oh snap. What else was untrue?

I guess I'm just confused as to how this fancy new "best year/worst year" criterium is defined. In my mind, going to the Super Bowl is better than getting blown out of an AFCCG. But I don't know. I'm not good with statistics.

Hey, you're the one who decided to use BG's criteria, then **** it up. Not me.

Rex is a better coach....but I think to Tom's point- Mangini has(d) the potential to be a better coach. I think Rex is what  he is....Mangini was a stubborn ahole, but getting fired sometimes can change that.

Mangini with Rex as a DC would actually be a great pairing.

Rex is a better coach....but I think to Tom's point- Mangini has(d) the potential to be a better coach. I think Rex is what he is....Mangini was a stubborn ahole, but getting fired sometimes can change that.

Mangini with Rex as a DC would actually be a great pairing.

Word. I wasn't necessarily comparing Mangini to Rex in terms of ability. I just find it amusing that Mangini gets slaughtered by Jets fans for his run while Rex gets lauded for his. And the great excuse people use for Rex's failures is Tannenbaum who, obviously, was Mangini's GM.

Word. I wasn't necessarily comparing Mangini to Rex in terms of ability. I just find it amusing that Mangini gets slaughtered by Jets fans for his run while Rex gets lauded for his. And the great excuse people use for Rex's failures is Tannenbaum who, obviously, was Mangini's GM.

Big part of staffs is good cop/bad cop. What's better for a franchise- the good cop being the HC or the coordinator? Pettine was the bad cop  before he left....

T0mShane, on 31 Dec 2013 - 4:32 PM, said:

I certainly didn't trash Mangini. I thought he got shafted. It's amusing the pro-Rex movement wants to laud Rex for going 8-8 (with every one of those wins ring totally! legitimate!), but will discount that Mangini went 10-6 his first year and 9-7 his last year, then got fired. Did the players hate Mangini when they were 8-3, or only when they went 4-12? It's all so confusin' how good coachin' works.

Do you think he got shafted in Cleveland too, or maybe he just isn't a good HC?    I find it interesting that you like to harp on the 9-7 record in his last year, but fail to acknowledge Favre was his starting QB. What do you think Mangini's  record would have been with Sanchez as his starting QB?

Archived