Johnny football

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that the fans want Geno replaced but do we think that Idzik thinks the same way? I could be wrong (and I hope I am) but I think Idzik sees Geno as the guy (at least for next year).

Personally , I think Genos upside is decent, not great .

If you have a chance to get a guy who you think could be great at that position, you go hard after him.

I think this kid is gonna be great.

With the upcoming cap space and a full complement of draft picks, we will most likely be better (Geno will likely be better in his second year as well, if the last month of this season is an indication), with room to grow in year 3. Growth most probably means playoff appearances since we finished 8-8 this year.

If Idzik trades up for Manziel, he's automatically laying his tenure as GM on the line in one move.

I doubt he does it.

Finished 8-8 but really 6-10 (New England and Tampa games are two that if played again we don't win). 

As for Johnnie Football -- guy is exciting and all but he would get killed running around like he does in the NFL.  The defensive players he outruns on Duke don't exist in the NFL.   All the sudden those cuts, spins, and cuts result in sacks, hits, and injuries.  We have no Evans to throw to...Jets need weapons weapons and more weapons on offense. 

Look for a QB in the end of the 3rd round.

I watched every down of every game in the NFL this year and this is true of everyone. Google it.

No need for saracasm -- Jets were th eonly team in the NFL to get that call that the Pats had called on them.  And a quetionable late push on Smith.

Those were wins but not clean wins.    You don't take them away but when you see 8-8 you have to remember that 8-8 could have easily been 6-10 if not for two yellow flags.  Nothing wrong with the 8 wins, but when you look each game those 2 wins stand out as oh they got big breaks in the last seconds of those games.

I used to do shows with him. My very first stand up gig he followed me. Intimidation isn't the word. lol

I did a show in NY and Gaffigan was coming in to work on new material for a comedy central special -- this is going back to 2001/2002....watching him on stage compared to myself and the other hacks that performed showed how much effort goes into making people laugh.

The scary thing is that in that part of the draft, the chalk BAPs are DL. Lol That'd be funny.

And corners...

But, I agree with you and flgreen...tons of WR prospects in this draft.  No need to reach.  Especially when you look around the league at some of the younger WR's who are up and coming - lots of 2nd round and later prospects. 

I'd be one of the few people on this forum who wouldn't mind that much if we drafted a DL (maybe Tuitt from ND).  I'd be fine w/ trying to emulate the Giants of a few years ago where they rotated in one excellent DL after another.  It helped them beat the Pats and their amazing offense during their 18-1 season.

That doesn't mean we can ignore the offense of course.  If a highly rated WR is there for the taking then I'm down with that.  But I'm just saying I'd be okay with a DL rather than making a "reach" pick.

I did a show in NY and Gaffigan was coming in to work on new material for a comedy central special -- this is going back to 2001/2002....watching him on stage compared to myself and the other hacks that performed showed how much effort goes into making people laugh.

Just get up there and tell people how great Sanchez is gonna be.  That'll get you Gaffigan laughs.

This draft has a lot of really intriguing receiver prospects that are projected to go rounds 2-4. There's no need to reach for one at 18.

No.  They are taking a WR in the 1st round.  I didn't mean to type that in a way that made it seem as if it was open for discussion lol.

The WR need is soooooo big, nothing else makes sense.

So many other picks make sense other than WR if there is no WR graded out as a middle 1st round pick, why reach for a WR you can get in the 2nd instead of taking BAP at one of the other positions we are so desperately weak at like S, OG, QB, OLB, and CB.

I've been thinking it over we should not consider a TE in the 1st round, TE's don't help you year one, Gronk, and Hernandez are the only 2 in recent years that totally beasted, and that is because of how great Brady, and the scheme is, not to mention TE isn't a big part of MM's offense.

I think the Jets should go BAP (non TE) 1st round, if its not a WR then WR in round 2, and round 3, and if the 1st wasn't a QB, and they like one grab the QB with the 2nd 3rd.

If that happens, suspect Idzik will try to trade down.  Even if he doesn't get full value, it's still the smart thing to do.

The problem is we have been trying to trade down with our last 3 1st round selections, and nobody wants to deal with the (what the rest of the league considers) joke of the NFL, it's almost as if we're black balled in trade downs in the draft so weird.

I think Johnny can win in the NFL...expect big things from him...for the Jets...meh...we need weapons...if we can get Johnny in round 1 at value then go for it but be prepared to use the rest of the picks on weapons.

Get over the pipe dream of Johnny Football he is going in the top 5!

So many other picks make sense other than WR if there is no WR graded out as a middle 1st round pick, why reach for a WR you can get in the 2nd instead of taking BAP at one of the other positions we are so desperately weak at like S, OG, QB, OLB, and CB.

I've been thinking it over we should not consider a TE in the 1st round, TE's don't help you year one, Gronk, and Hernandez are the only 2 in recent years that totally beasted, and that is because of how great Brady, and the scheme is, not to mention TE isn't a big part of MM's offense.

I think the Jets should go BAP (non TE) 1st round, if its not a WR then WR in round 2, and round 3, and if the 1st wasn't a QB, and they like one grab the QB with the 2nd 3rd.

WR's don't help you in year one, usually, either. I don't really think it's about year one anyway, not with this team and this QB situation.

Celek had 112 targets one year in MM's system, so I think it's talent-dependent.

Archived