Jay Cutler resigns with the Bears(7 years)

Matt39

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this what we tell him when we sign him? You're here to act as a performance enhancer to our QB?

It says a lot about our fans that they buy that whole "bring in another QB to push the underachieving incumbent" line of crap, rather than saying "how about bring in a QB that can do what the incumbent has failed to?"

Only with the Jets fans is it logical to use FA additions as motivational tools for the crappy players already in place. LOL

It says a lot about our fans that they buy that whole "bring in another QB to push the underachieving incumbent" line of crap, rather than saying "how about bring in a QB that can do what the incumbent has failed to?"

Only with the Jets fans is it logical to use FA additions as motivational tools for the crappy players already in place. LOL

I don't ever remember that being a thing before Sanchez, though my memory might be hazy. I don't want quarterbacks that need a push.

Dude, he just finished his rookie year. Once again, you go over the top with "bring in another QB to push the underachieving incumbent" line of crap" What I was saying, and what you failed to extrapolate from my post was if Geno can't beat out McCown coming out of camp, let McCown start. I would hope that Geno elevates his game with a full yr under his belt, but if not, I could see McCown winning us some games and maybe getting us to the playoffs as Geno sits and learns. All I care about is the AFC East Title next year and a run at a ring.

McCown would be a $4mil/yr signing, be able to start or tutor a young QB.

What is it with you.... you ride everyone's ass with no reason.

Is this what we tell him when we sign him? You're here to act as a performance enhancer to our QB?

No, you tell McCown that there is an open competition policy in Jets camp. You want to be a starter, come sign with us and you and Geno and Simms fight it out. Best man wins!!

Dude, he just finished his rookie year. Once again, you go over the top with "bring in another QB to push the underachieving incumbent" line of crap" What I was saying, and what you failed to extrapolate from my post was if Geno can't beat out McCown coming out of camp, let McCown start. I would hope that Geno elevates his game with a full yr under his belt, but if not, I could see McCown winning us some games and maybe getting us to the playoffs as Geno sits and learns. All I care about is the AFC East Title next year and a run at a ring.

No offense, really, but the time for Geno to sit and learn is over. He's played a full season of NFL football.

And if you look at your post, you talk about McCown in the context of him pushing Geno. It would be easy to misconstrue what you meant.

I posted one on-topic response, that extrapolates YOUR comment into a generalized commentary on what I've observed from Jets fans over the past 7-10 years where there is always a clamoring to use FA to push our failed starters. 

I'd add to it that you hire coaches to tutor young QBs, you sign veterans to FA deals so they can play football. Another farce I completely disagree with.

If you can't handle people adding to the conversation, then that's on you. I'm not sure what to tell you, but nobody is riding your ass. You are being over-sensitive.

No offense, really, but the time for Geno to sit and learn is over. He's played a full season of NFL football.

And if you look at your post, you talk about McCown in the context of him pushing Geno. It would be easy to misconstrue what you meant.

No, it's more fitting to cry about it, than to look at how what he wrote might have been misleading. This guy reported me and Jacked4Jets for harmless, juvenile teasing the other day when there was literally nothing else going on. I'm not surprised he's calling foul because someone replied to him with an on-topic point of view.

So, I don't quite understand what you're saying? You want to go all in on Geno, or bring in another starter 'cause Geno sucks? Could you clarify for me?

I don't ever remember that being a thing before Sanchez, though my memory might be hazy. I don't want quarterbacks that need a push.

Everyone wanted to believe that Sanchez's problems were as simple as motivation.  Motivation is a lot easier to fix than suck.  If suck is your problem, you end up like, well Sanchez.

Geno may suck too.  We've seen him suck, and we've seen him show flashes.  My guess is barring a first round rookie, he gets a half a season cushion before we go to a veteran or a mid-round rookie.

So, I don't quite understand what you're saying? You want to go all in on Geno, or bring in another starter 'cause Geno sucks? Could you clarify for me?

Is it cool if I respond too?

I'd like to bring in another started and send Geno to the bench, which doesn't (in my opinion) mean giving up on him, it just means we can play to win now, while also developing him slower. After what we've seen the past couple years, and with concussions almost always meaning a player is going to miss 1 game minimum, you need to competent QBs on your roster.

Was hoping Jennings might test the waters.... McCown might be a quality FA signing. Would really push Geno to elevate his game next season.

McCown comes here and no longer has Marshall Jeffery Forte Bennett ....The Jets have nothing close to the Bears skill players hell we are not even in the same zip code and McCown will produce nothing close to his 66% comp. 8.2 Avg 13 Td's and 1 int. So what does a 34 year old McCown offer this team ? The big sample size of McCown was in Arizona/Oakland where in a three year span he had 30 TD's and 32 Ints on two teams that still had much better skill players than the Jets. This is not some seasoned veteran who is going to mentor our young QB's and to be quite honest the guy may very well retire.

exactly why I pointed out in my above post why McCown will not succeed here

No, it's more fitting to cry about it, than to look at how what he wrote might have been misleading. This guy reported me and Jacked4Jets for harmless, juvenile teasing the other day when there was literally nothing else going on. I'm not surprised he's calling foul because someone replied to him with an on-topic point of view.

The majority of the board got tired of you two bitching back and forth with each other. The board administrators warned you guys on several occasions to stop. How did I report you? I just mentioned what everyone else was complaining about.

I'm not complaining about your comments, but the tone you take when commenting. When "Ivory" responds, it's within the parameters of a discussion. When you respond to people who disagree with you it's dripping with venom.

I'm all for bringing in another QB, maybe two, one in the draft, one in free agency. I just don't think you bring in a guy to "push" your starter, you bring in a guy to hopefully replace your starter, in a best case scenario that would be the guy you drafted.

Is it cool if I respond too?

I'd like to bring in another started and send Geno to the bench, which doesn't (in my opinion) mean giving up on him, it just means we can play to win now, while also developing him slower. After what we've seen the past couple years, and with concussions almost always meaning a player is going to miss 1 game minimum, you need to competent QBs on your roster.

We are in agreement.... which is why I thought McCown could be a good signing.

Now that was a good discussion!

Funny how the Bears went from one of the worst skilled offenses to one of the best in 2 short years. Add a beast like Marshall draft a beast like Jeffery have a tremendous pass catching RB as a safety valve and a dependable TE.

BUT god for bid you mention this in the Jets forum and you get the "omg you think the Jets can just go out and get pro bowelers at every position CRAP"

The Bears did it, The Broncos did it. But the Jets ?? no way in hell its all the QBs fault

I'm all for bringing in another QB, maybe two, one in the draft, one in free agency. I just don't think you bring in a guy to "push" your starter, you bring in a guy to hopefully replace your starter, in a best case scenario that would be the guy you drafted.

I have no problem with the QB competition "pushing" all concerned to a higher level of performance. Let the best man win.

Was hoping Jennings might test the waters.... McCown might be a quality FA signing. Would really push Geno to elevate his game next season.

Why are we getting B Marshall, A Jeffrey, and M Forte next year? A lot of 32 year old career BU QB's would look serviceable with those weapons while playing a injury depleted D at home like the Cowboys were that week. Lets not get all warm, and fuzzy over a QB who has never started in this league for a full season after 10 years, there is a reason why that the case!

The majority of the board got tired of you two bitching back and forth with each other. The board administrators warned you guys on several occasions to stop. How did I report you? I just mentioned what everyone else was complaining about.

I'm not complaining about your comments, but the tone you take when commenting. When "Ivory" responds, it's within the parameters of a discussion. When you respond to people who disagree with you it's dripping with venom.

My mistake, I thought you were this guy:

I have reported them = this is utter nonsense

Either way, wtf are you talking about with the bold? I responded to YOU and added to what you were saying, it was even about disagreeing, I was speaking more about common misconceptions, and it was a relatively harmless response, and you've turned it into a "look how butthurt eboozer" is argument. Get over it, jeeezuzzzz... "venom" LOL

Holy crapola!

We are in agreement.... which is why I thought McCown could be a good signing.

Now that was a good discussion!

So, I agree with you = good discussion.

I disagree with you = bad discussion dripping with venom.

My summation: you are either a woman or a 12 year old.

Funny how the Bears went from one of the worst skilled offenses to one of the best in 2 short years. Add a beast like Marshall draft a beast like Jeffery have a tremendous pass catching RB as a safety valve and a dependable TE.

BUT god for bid you mention this in the Jets forum and you get the "omg you think the Jets can just go out and get pro bowelers at every position CRAP"

The Bears did it, The Broncos did it. But the Jets ?? no way in hell its all the QBs fault

Huh?  The Broncos are the single worst example you could have possibly given.  No situation is a greater example of a QB making the receivers as opposed to the receivers making the QB.  Their skill positions were identical between 2011 and 2012, yet the passing game completely transformed even with a recovering QB who many had said was completely done.  The difference there was between Tebow and Manning, and nothing more.

As far as the Bears go, obviously their WRs are far better than the Jets, but trying to simply act as if you can transfer production around between two teams with entirely different situations is seriously flawed and pretty much baseless.  After all, if Marshall was so obviously a beast than why was he such a disaster down in Miami, to the point they wanted him gone after only two seasons?  Think the QB play may have had anything to do with it?  If the Jets had made those same exact moves, Marshall would have had another Miami-esque meltdown after continuing to fail with Sanchez as his QB, Jeffery would have changed absolutely nothing (after all, he didn't do much in Chicago last year either), and you would still ultimately blame it on them while completely dismissing any impact of the QB play.

I've got news for you, that white sticky stuff dripping off his lips is not venom.

Huh?  The Broncos are the single worst example you could have possibly given.  No situation is a greater example of a QB making the receivers as opposed to the receivers making the QB.  Their skill positions were identical between 2011 and 2012, yet the passing game completely transformed even with a recovering QB who many had said was completely done.  The difference there was between Tebow and Manning, and nothing more.

As far as the Bears go, obviously their WRs are far better than the Jets, but trying to simply act as if you can transfer production around between two teams with entirely different situations is seriously flawed and pretty much baseless.  After all, if Marshall was so obviously a beast than why was he such a disaster down in Miami, to the point they wanted him gone after only two seasons?  Think the QB play may have had anything to do with it?  If the Jets had made those same exact moves, Marshall would have had another Miami-esque meltdown after continuing to fail with Sanchez as his QB, Jeffery would have changed absolutely nothing (after all, he didn't do much in Chicago last year either), and you would still ultimately blame it on them while completely dismissing any impact of the QB play.

So you forgot when Kyle Orton was lighting it up in Denver and he didn't have Welker or Julian Thomas and Knowshown was a no show

So, I agree with you = good discussion.

I disagree with you = bad discussion dripping with venom.

Successful, 50 yr old male with lovely wife and 3 great kids!

The description of your location "wrong  guy in the wrong place at the wrong time' tells me a lot about you.

You Must be bitter about an unfulfilled life behind bars and looking for people to respect you!

Happy New Year!! :winking0001: 

and you would still ultimately blame it on them while completely dismissing any impact of the QB play.

sorry but that's ridiculous . I have stated all along that the reason for Sanchez' regression in year 3 and 4 was due to piss poor talent, Malcontents and a couple of Idiots at OC . That along with gaping holes across the entire offense like no safety outlets to speak of and no RB's who could actually catch a football. You saying that if the Jets actually had talent I would still blame it on the team and not the QB is a really bad argument 

Either way, wtf are you talking about with the bold? I responded to YOU and added to what you were saying, it was even about disagreeing, I was speaking more about common misconceptions, and it was a relatively harmless response, and you've turned it into a "look how butthurt eboozer" is argument. Get over it, jeeezuzzzz... "venom" LOL

Holy crapola!

I'm not a dick!

Oops.

Archived