Jay Cutler resigns with the Bears(7 years)

Matt39

Successful, 50 yr old male with lovely wife and 3 great kids!

The description of your location "wrong  guy in the wrong place at the wrong time' tells me a lot about you.

You Must be bitter about an unfulfilled life behind bars and looking for people to respect you!

Happy New Year!! :winking0001:

It's a quote from Die Hard.

Why are you making this about me personally. Listen, all I did was respond to something on-topic, that didn't necessarily agree with you, but I didn't even direct the disagreement back to you. I took what you said, and used it as an example of something I wholly, and completely disagree with that Jets fans do and say all the time. Because of the way you wrote it, I interpreted it correctly, as it turns out you misrepresented your own meaning.

It's time for you to get over it. 

I take a lot of heat from moderators here, and more often than not I'm not making things personal, or being profane, I'm just being a juvenile pest. This is an instance where my posting was completely on-topic and not in anyway meant to provoke argument...

And now I have to endure personal insults, that IF I was making them I'd be getting ban threats... but since they are directed at me, I'm sure nobody will pay attention.

It's ironic that I post something that slightly disagrees with you, and you turn it into a multipage and ultimately personal argument. Just get over it, it's a message board, people are going to disagree. Nothing I did or said constitutes how you've reacted.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry but that's ridiculous . I have stated all along that the reason for Sanchez' regression in year 3 and 4 was due to piss poor talent, Malcontents and a couple of Idiots at OC . That along with gaping holes across the entire offense like no safety outlets to speak of and no RB's who could actually catch a football. You saying that if the Jets actually had talent I would still blame it on the team and not the QB is a really bad argument 

The irony is that in the other thread the other guy is lauding year 3 as some kind of banner year.

Sanchez did not regress much.  The team got worse, he stayed the same, the results did not.

It's a quote from Die Hard.

Why are you making this about me personally. Listen, all I did was respond to something on-topic, that didn't necessarily agree with you, but I didn't even direct the disagreement back to you. I took what you said, and used it as an example of something I wholly, and completely disagree with that Jets fans do and say all the time. Because of the way you wrote it, I interpreted it correctly, as it turns out you misrepresented your own meaning.

It's time for you to get over it. 

I take a lot of heat from moderators here, and more often than not I'm not making things personal, or being profane, I'm just being a juvenile pest. This is an instance where my posting was completely on-topic and not in anyway meant to provoke argument...

And now I have to endure personal insults, that IF I was making them I'd be getting ban threats... but since they are directed at me, I'm sure nobody will pay attention.

It's ironic that I post something that slightly disagrees with you, and you turn it into a multipage and ultimately personal argument. Just get over it, it's a message board, people are going to disagree. Nothing I did or said constitutes how you've reacted.

Whatever.... I'm done. Go find someone else to start an argument with.

word is Cutler's 7 year deal averages 18 mil per.

Wish he gave us a chance.... but with our receivers, we don't stand a chance. Same way Peyton saw our WR's vs. Denver's. Until we get some Offensive weapons, no FA QB would want to come here..... Our press reporters don't help either.

It says a lot about our fans that they buy that whole "bring in another QB to push the underachieving incumbent" line of crap, rather than saying "how about bring in a QB that can do what the incumbent has failed to?"

Only with the Jets fans is it logical to use FA additions as motivational tools for the crappy players already in place. LOL

Yeah, I started an argument... by not even directly responding to eboozer, and instead extrapolating on what Gastineau said, and generalizing it to the whole fanbase. Not one person, not one poster. 

Talk about over sensitive. It seems to me that you just used this as an opportunity to dig into me, because you crying victim when you have provoked the whole discussion, and you commenting on my personal live, reeks of having an agenda. 

Next time, PM me or ignore me. This thread didn't need to derail like this, I was simply adding to the discussion.

Wish he gave us a chance.... but with our receivers, we don't stand a chance. Same way Peyton saw our WR's vs. Denver's. Until we get some Offensive weapons, no FA QB would want to come here..... Our press reporters don't help either.

why would he? Bears are close. Jets are not as close.

Back on topic- 18 million a year for Cutler- shows how desperate teams are for QB play- expect a run on QB's in the draft in round one

That new CBA has really changed the way teams view drafting a QB... Used to be if you weren't a franchise QB you'd go in Day 2 of the Draft. Now, even if you're a borderline 1st rounder, they'll trade up for them.

Jets finished with same record. Our Defense is way ahead of theirs, but I know what your getting at.

Still, a franchise QB on this team, I could see us making a bigger jump then Chi. who have a lot of holes on "D"

The irony is that in the other thread the other guy is lauding year 3 as some kind of banner year.

Sanchez did not regress much.  The team got worse, he stayed the same, the results did not.

yep the other guy not me. I know when Sanchez started to regress and it started in week 10 of his third year those last six games he played about as bad as a QB could play with the turnovers and that play worsened in the 4th year when the talent fell completely off a cliff.

the Bears have top 5 talent on offense especially now since Jeffrey emerged. They are not close they are there. If the Jets would have tried to contact Cutler I'm sure they would have heard laughter as the phone was hanging up in their face

Jets finished with same record. Our Defense is way ahead of theirs, but I know what your getting at.

Still, a franchise QB on this team, I could see us making a bigger jump then Chi. who have a lot of holes on "D"

you know who else has holes on D ? The Jets The only position on D that does not need to be addressed is the Defensive line. We could use a LB a few Safeties and a CB. The Bears Defense lost a few players to injury including their human turnover machine in Tillman

Back on topic- 18 million a year for Cutler- shows how desperate teams are for QB play- expect a run on QB's in the draft in round one

Agreed.

I think you'll see that teams want to be 2 deep at QB now too, because you cannot have too much talent at that position. The old "if you have 2 QBs, you have none" mantra is out-dated.

Concussion protocols mandate having 2 capable signal callers, because getting 16 games out of ANY position player is going to be hard to do... especially when you consider the hits a QB takes when dropping back, or when running, or when defenders tee off on them after a turnover.

Agreed.

I think you'll see that teams want to be 2 deep at QB now too, because you cannot have too much talent at that position. The old "if you have 2 QBs, you have none" mantra is out-dated.

Concussion protocols mandate having 2 capable signal callers, because getting 16 games out of ANY position player is going to be hard to do... especially when you consider the hits a QB takes when dropping back, or when running, or when defenders tee off on them after a turnover.

Agree. Much as I dislike the Giants kudos to Eli for his consecutive starting streak

sorry but that's ridiculous . I have stated all along that the reason for Sanchez' regression in year 3 and 4 was due to piss poor talent, Malcontents and a couple of Idiots at OC . That along with gaping holes across the entire offense like no safety outlets to speak of and no RB's who could actually catch a football. You saying that if the Jets actually had talent I would still blame it on the team and not the QB is a really bad argument 

So you're saying it's ridiculous for me to believe that you would absolve a QB of any blame for his own failures, and yet you then immediately proceed to absolve a QB of any blame for his own failures?  Intriguing.  My point is simple, you would not admit that they actually had talent with the list of players you are currently touting if Sanchez failed to produce with them.  In the bizarro world you live in, you seem to think a QB is only proven to suck when he puts up completely garbage numbers while somehow all of his skill position players manage to put up fantastic numbers at the same time, as if this is somehow possible.

Consider that Marshall was cast away from his prior team (twice!) and goes on to have success with Cutler, but Holmes was cast away from his prior team and goes on to produce substantially worse with Sanchez than he ever did throughout his entire career with Big Ben.  Yet in your mind, somehow there is absolutely no connection whatsoever to the QB play.  If it was Marshall the Jets went out and got, and he ended up being a complete mess playing here, we'd probably just be hearing about how stupid the Jets were for not surrounding Sanchez with a talent like Holmes.  You clearly see what you want to see, which most often is that some crappy QB is a blameless martyr.

you know who else has holes on D ? The Jets The only position on D that does not need to be addressed is the Defensive line. We could use a LB a few Safeties and a CB. The Bears Defense lost a few players to injury including their human turnover machine in Tillman

Chicago ranked 30th in total "D" Jets 11th. Jets 3rd ranked run "D" Chi LAST. Chi 15th vs. Pass Jets 22nd.

I think we are in much better shape on the Defensive side of the ball, especially with 2 rookie starters.

Again, no way Cutler leaves Marshall, Forte, Jeffries for the Jets, but we soon could have a very balanced squad if we can get some playmakers to go along with a solid running game and Defense. This is a VERY important draft and FA period.

Holy ****, didn't see that coming

Meh, as bad as Cutler can be, he also makes a lot of "wow" throws that made it difficult for a team like the Bears to just let him walk.  They barely missed the playoffs with their 1st-time HC and may just be a few pieces away from being a title contender.  You don't start over with a rookie QB if you're trying to seize your window.  And this deal doesn't preclude them from taking a flyer on a QB in the later rounds.  They could just tell Jay "Look, it's your show, but we know you have an injury history.  This is just another Josh McCown insurance policy, who we're ditching to the curb this offseason."

In the NFL today you don't need an elite QB, just a QB who, when you get to the postseason, has a high ceiling and can get hot.  It worked for the Ravens with Flacco, who I would put at the same level as Cutler.

yep the other guy not me. I know when Sanchez started to regress and it started in week 10 of his third year those last six games he played about as bad as a QB could play with the turnovers and that play worsened in the 4th year when the talent fell completely off a cliff.

And to your credit, you don't sound nearly as ridiculous as him.

So you're saying it's ridiculous for me to believe that you would absolve a QB of any blame for his own failures, and yet you then immediately proceed to absolve a QB of any blame for his own failures?  Intriguing.  My point is simple, you would not admit that they actually had talent with the list of players you are currently touting if Sanchez failed to produce with them.  In the bizarro world you live in, you seem to think a QB is only proven to suck when he puts up completely garbage numbers while somehow all of his skill position players manage to put up fantastic numbers at the same time, as if this is somehow possible.

Consider that Marshall was cast away from his prior team (twice!) and goes on to have success with Cutler, but Holmes was cast away from his prior team and goes on to produce substantially worse with Sanchez than he ever did throughout his entire career with Big Ben.  Yet in your mind, somehow there is absolutely no connection whatsoever to the QB play.  If it was Marshall the Jets went out and got, and he ended up being a complete mess playing here, we'd probably just be hearing about how stupid the Jets were for not surrounding Sanchez with a talent like Holmes.  You clearly see what you want to see, which most often is that some crappy QB is a blameless martyr.

BG I'm not saying the QB play was not bad as well because it was. You have convinced yourself that I'm absolving Sanchez of all bad play and that's just not the case. All I ever wanted to see was for Sanchez to play with the same talent expected of a playoff team not the trash we brought in here. The team we fielded in 2012 was a hot mess across the entire offense (due to multiple reasons) and if your going to say I'm not blaming Sanchez for any of it then I can turn around and say your blaming Sanchez for all of it which is just as ridiculous because I can twist the argument just like your doing to make it seem that way based on 3 years of arguments.

Forget about how you interpret what I feel let me spell it out clearly.

Sanchez has not played well at all and at times he has played terribly. In year 3 of his NFL career he started out the first ten games playing good and Improved over the first 2 years then fell off a cliff and totally sh*t the bed that much seems obvious to me. Key Contirbutors to Sanchez 26 TD's were LT (gone) Burress (gone) Holmes (hurt) Keller (hurt) add that to the fact our back up TE Cumberland also got hurt and our RB's were a dismal failure and yes it would lead some to believe there would be further drop off in QB play in 2012. Would it have made a difference if the Jets had Marshall Jeffery and Forte ? Absolutely the key question is would Sanchez' Turnover problem have continued ?

If anyone on this board can say the Jets handled their young so called franchise QB (at the time of drafting him) well I would laugh in their face because they didn't. When you compare how the Jets have handled Sanchez and compare that to how successful franchises handled their High draft pick QB's its not even in the same league and there is plenty of evidence to back that up. 

What all you Sanchez Haters going to do when the Jets cut Sanchez and re sign him ? Because if the Jets do not target a QB in this up coming draft no way they are going to take the chance Sanchez goes to a team with some talent the starter gets hurt and Sanchez steps in and plays well. He's got a year in the offense and 5 years EXP Its a real possibility he comes back on the cheap/

Not saying I want this to happens for the teams sake but it is a very real possibility. I would not mind watching you guys jump off a cliff would make the trolling possibilities endless :)

What all you Sanchez Haters going to do when the Jets cut Sanchez and re sign him ? Because if the Jets do not target a QB in this up coming draft no way they are going to take the chance Sanchez goes to a team with some talent the starter gets hurt and Sanchez steps in and plays well. He's got a year in the offense and 5 years EXP Its a real possibility he comes back on the cheap/

Not saying I want this to happens for the teams sake but it is a very real possibility. I would not mind watching you guys jump off a cliff would make the trolling possibilities endless :)

Lol. I'm thinking they're not terribly concerned about that. Even less so with Tanny out and Idzik in.

And they really should have a veteran QB under contract long before the draft. If that veteran is Sanchez, that won't preclude them from drafting a QB. If anything, it would probably encourage them to do so.

Fixed for The APE

You make your own luck. I don't understand how anyone that follows football, can pick and choose when luck is or is not part of what it takes to win. Luck plays a big part of EVERY game. Good teams, good players...  capitalize on it.

Idzik has ZERO ties to Sanchez.... that was someone else's mistake. Geno is Idzik's draft pick and I think he will give him every opportunity to grow. That being said, his 1st priority will be a winning team, so I think he brings in another FA QB w/o the baggage and fan disapproval od Sanchez.

Will be interesting to see how Idzik goes about his business this offseason.

Agreed.

Could not agree more, so my question is:

When are we going to get at least ONE capable signal caller, because as of now we have exactly ZERO. Sanchez is a complete Negative, Simms is just negative, and Smith is Zero, so actually this bunch when added together , still puts us in the negative at the most important position in sports.

But hey, lets draft a TE and not a QB. Wow.

Could not agree more, so my question is:

When are we going to get at least ONE capable signal caller, because as of now we have exactly ZERO. Sanchez is a complete Negative, Simms is just negative, and Smith is Zero, so actually this bunch when added together , still puts us in the negative at the most important position in sports.

But hey, lets draft a TE and not a QB. Wow.

Yeah, so.... I don't have any way to answer your question.

Also, I never said anything about a TE. I think people advocating a TE in round 1, are assuming Geno + a veteran free agent will be on the roster next year, and the need for play makers is real. TE is one of the easiest positions to create mismatches in the game right now, if you have the right type of athlete playing that position.

What teams actually keep two good QBs these days?   Most of the time a guy who can be a starter wants to get the hell out and does so.  Other times you have a crappy QB who is forced to be your backup.   The teams in the playoffs this season have what great backups?    Manning goes down, the Broncos stink.   Rodgers went down and the Packers sucked.  If Brady went down, who  is their backup?

Idzik did try and bring in a veteran QB.  It was called a bad move to bring in some cheap guy who hadn't played in 3 seasons.   Nobody has the Montana and Young situation anymore.  Some teams had younger QBs take over (49ers with Kapernick and Eagles with Foles), but that's not some old vet coming in to back up a second year QB.       You either keep Simms or find some cheap Veteran QB.   You don't spend a lot on some backup QB because you think Smith just isn't that good.

Idzik has ZERO ties to Sanchez.... that was someone else's mistake. Geno is Idzik's draft pick and I think he will give him every opportunity to grow. That being said, his 1st priority will be a winning team, so I think he brings in another FA QB w/o the baggage and fan disapproval od Sanchez.

Will be interesting to see how Idzik goes about his business this offseason.

So tell me what bodes well for a GM whether or not his QB does well or his team does well. What happens if Idzik feels Sanchez is the better option than Geno does he keep Geno all the while saying sorry guys I know Sanchez may have been the better option but I actually drafted Geno so in my own selfish way go Fu@k yourselves ? This bullsh*t about who drafted who holds no merit AT ALL. A GM and a coach is supposed to evaluate talent and proceed accordingly you guys really listen to the idiot media way too much. Winning and losing is what its all about and understanding how decisions need to be made to that end. People who bite off their nose to spite their face are stupid and I highly doubt Idzik falls into that category. If he did He would have been pulling for Rex's dismissal and brought in his own guy

What teams actually keep two good QBs these days?   Most of the time a guy who can be a starter wants to get the hell out and does so.  Other times you have a crappy QB who is forced to be your backup.   The teams in the playoffs this season have what great backups?    Manning goes down, the Broncos stink.   Rodgers went down and the Packers sucked.  If Brady went down, who  is their backup?

Idzik did try and bring in a veteran QB.  It was called a bad move to bring in some cheap guy who hadn't played in 3 seasons.   Nobody has the Montana and Young situation anymore.  Some teams had younger QBs take over (49ers with Kapernick and Eagles with Foles), but that's not some old vet coming in to back up a second year QB.       You either keep Simms or find some cheap Veteran QB.   You don't spend a lot on some backup QB because you think Smith just isn't that good.

I have no idea who the backup for Manning is, and Flynn now backs up Rodgers BUT as far as the Pats go and Brady, they have this dude, who is about 6'4" and has an absolute cannon attached to his shoulder: Ryan Mallet, who is tons better than anything on our roster. I dont know if he is waiting for Brady to ride off into the sunset with his super model, or they keep paying him well but that guy is alegitimate starting NFL QB.

Yeah, so.... I don't have any way to answer your question.

Also, I never said anything about a TE. I think people advocating a TE in round 1, are assuming Geno + a veteran free agent will be on the roster next year, and the need for play makers is real. TE is one of the easiest positions to create mismatches in the game right now, if you have the right type of athlete playing that position.

Oh Sorry, as I saw your approval to a draft that showed the Jets taking a TE in the 1st round and 2 wrs in the next 2 rounds. Look, I LOVE Eric Ebron, the dude is a freak, but not with Geno tossing it to him.

Sorry, but I am a firm believer in getting the Gunslinger first, and then finding the targets later, and I dont beleve our targets are as bad as everyone states, as I believe with A QB who can actually play the position, Kerley and Holmes etc. would have respectable numbers,

Archived