Of couches and stadiums

Bugg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of people who get legally drunk at NFL games who do not act like idiots and have a designated driver. Unfortunately there is increasinlgy large segment of those who attend who think it's license to act like an animal. Don;t think that justifies the intrusion of breathlyzing everyone. it takes forever to get inside the stadium already.

Tailgating at least at the Meadowlands does seem to add something to the problem. In Charlotte and Chicago anyway people go to a bar or restaurant or a paid party outside the stadium and walk to the game.In retrospect would have been way better if the new stadium was on 12th Avenue instead of NJ for a whole lot of reasons. But the big one is nobody would bother to drive. Every other new stadium and arena in the area figured public transportation instead of driving was critical, leave it to Woody and the Jints owners to cling to this suburban ugliness.

LOL, and people who think PSL/Ticket/Concession Prices are bad now would be charged at least twice as much if that stadium were ever built.   When you talk about an 80,000 seat stadium in the tri-state metropolitan area, traffic and transportation are going to be issues, no matter what. 

LOL, and people who think PSL/Ticket/Concession Prices are bad now would be charged at least twice as much if that stadium were ever built.   When you talk about an 80,000 seat stadium in the tri-state metropolitan area, traffic and transportation are going to be issues, no matter what.

I would've bought tickets at the domed stadium in Manhattan, but I suspect there wouldn't've been any available to buy. I'm still pissed about Giants Stadium 2.

Yes I go to games. I have been to over 100 games and over 200 concerts, I've seen about 1 fight. But mostly this is an overarching philosophy, millions of people attend sporting events every year. The vast majority make it out unscathed, The unfortunately reality is that there will always be people doing bad things, it's inevitable. You can try and prevent it by giving away all your freedoms and privacy but you won't be successful and the cost is too great.

Libertarian says what?

Archived