Why The Jets Could Never Get A QB Like Andrew Luck

SoFlaJets

Because this fanbase would never stand for sacrificing a season to assure that they GET the best QB since the last QB they drafted in the 1st round.  The NY fans would not stand for it, the Colts and their fans all knew what they were doing and why. This is a team that threw a game while they were on their way to an undefeated season-why? So they could make sure they would play a team that they KNEW that they could beat on their way to a Championship. Those midwestern hicks ain't so stupid after all are they?

Having said all that, I would like to see the Jets take that Johnny Football guy-take a shot on a player who might be special.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does a fanbase convince 53 players to play at half speed or the starters to play like sh*t making them cut-worthy and lower paid?

You have an idiot head coach who has no business RUNNING an NFL team as your head coach to start, then you hire a bunch of UPS drivers to fill 22 positions and allow the opposing QBs to complete 71% of their passes and start out 0-13 and even good players say "Eff it, just keep me healthy. Why should I kill myself out there?"

You have an idiot head coach who has no business RUNNING an NFL team as your head coach to start, then you hire a bunch of UPS drivers to fill 22 positions and allow the opposing QBs to complete 71% of their passes and start out 0-13 and even good players say "Eff it, just keep me healthy. Why should I kill myself out there?"

keep the faith Jimmy and Bleed Green..dont jump ship to be a Packers fan ;)

Next year's draft has Winston, Mariota and Brett Hundley at the top. It's not inconceivable that the Jets could end up in the top ten next year with a little bad luck.

Wait, they just retained the man who is going to get them to the promised land, blasphemy to say the Jets will have a top 10 pick next year, Blasphemy I say.

And if that were true, Jet fans would be ripping these 3 jsut like they are ripping Teddy, and Johnny Jet, and saying we should stick with the worst rated QB in the NFL.

Blasphemy I say.

Next year's draft has Winston, Mariota and Brett Hundley at the top. It's not inconceivable that the Jets could end up in the top ten next year with a little bad luck.

JMO this year's QB crop is as good or better. it definitely seems deeper, with guys like Murray and Mettenberger not likely making the top 100 picks. 

and neither class has a Luck. 

Because this fanbase would never stand for sacrificing a season to assure that they GET the best QB since the last QB they drafted in the 1st round.  The NY fans would not stand for it, the Colts and their fans all knew what they were doing and why. This is a team that threw a game while they were on their way to an undefeated season-why? So they could make sure they would play a team that they KNEW that they could beat on their way to a Championship. Those midwestern hicks ain't so stupid after all are they?

Having said all that, I would like to see the Jets take that Johnny Football guy-take a shot on a player who might be special.

We love 8-8, 7-9, 9-7 and drafting free safties in the 16-18 range.

We had the #1 overall pick 2 years in a row when Peyton Manning had finished his Sophomore and Junior seasons.  He didn't leave early either time though. 

or what you'd consider good luck, amirite? 

So it is the fans fault?

Oh my, lol.

And not that I dont disagree with most of what you said, but we can get a guy like ANDREW LUCK without the so called "tanking" IF, we have a GM and owner who are willing to take a risk, bundle up some picks and move up to #1 or #2, and finally take that "Andrew Luck" or whoever you think is a REAL franchise QB.

We can continue to draft projects and sign FA discards but in reality, you are correct, unless someone finally steps up and takes a chance in this organization.

JMO this year's QB crop is as good or better. it definitely seems deeper, with guys like Murray and Mettenberger not likely making the top 100 picks.

and neither class has a Luck.

Crazy to think Tahj Boyd went from a top 5 pick in September to probably getting drafted after a division 2 QB named Grappolo, or something like that!

They may never tank a season to get a player like a luck, but they had every opportunity to not tank a season and get a Russell Willson or a Nick Foles or a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers etc. 

You dont need to tank your season to draft talent, you simply need scouts who recognize talent. I seriously feel that Idzik will go down as the best GM we've ever had, especially if he continues to make picks like Sheldon Richardson (and he did that before even bringing in his own scouts).  

And not that I dont disagree with most of what you said, but we can get a guy like ANDREW LUCK without the so called "tanking" IF, we have a GM and owner who are willing to take a risk, bundle up some picks and move up to #1 or #2, and finally take that "Andrew Luck" or whoever you think is a REAL franchise QB.

We can continue to draft projects and sign FA discards but in reality, you are correct, unless someone finally steps up and takes a chance in this organization.

No one of that caliber in the draft this year, not even Teddy. And the payment to move up to 1 to grab him would be ENORMOUS. This year's 1st round pick, probably 2 more 1st round picks and throw in some more on top of that.

No one of that caliber in the draft this year, not even Teddy. And the payment to move up to 1 to grab him would be ENORMOUS. This year's 1st round pick, probably 2 more 1st round picks and throw in some more on top of that.

Maybe, I'm not sure its that high, as someone brought up what it took Washington to move up to #2 to get Griffin, which I believe was last years #1's being switched, this years #1, and possibly another #1 in 2 years. ALOT, I agree BUT werent Luck and Griffin considered 1 and 1A by some scouts making moving up to get them worth MORE than moving up to get Bridgewater or Manziel?

Value wise, Luck and Griffin, are worth more than Teddy and Johnny Jet, dont you agree?

I think, switching our #1's this year, a #1 next year, and psosibly a #2 this year or next, could possibly get you to the 2 spot.

Maybe, I'm not sure its that high, as someone brought up what it took Washington to move up to #2 to get Griffin, which I believe was last years #1's being switched, this years #1, and possibly another #1 in 2 years. ALOT, I agree BUT werent Luck and Griffin considered 1 and 1A by some scouts making moving up to get them worth MORE than moving up to get Bridgewater or Manziel?

Value wise, Luck and Griffin, are worth more than Teddy and Johnny Jet, dont you agree?

I think, switching our #1's this year, a #1 next year, and psosibly a #2 this year or next, could possibly get you to the 2 spot.

No chance.

To clarify things: Washington swapped their #6 overall (not 18, 6), 2 more 1st round picks (3 overall) and 1 2nd round pick to get up to #2.

So basically, they traded 2 1's and a 2 to swap their 6 overall for a 2 overall. 

And by the way, you do all that and then what? You have another unproven rookie QB with no one to throw the ball to. I know you can use money in free agency to bring in a couple guys. But this way you can bring in a few guys in the draft AND in free agency. Don't give up on Geno just because he couldn't do anything with the crap he was handed.

The only reason the Jets can't get a QB like Luck is because they haven't had the No. 1 overall pick when the best college QB prospect in a generation was available.

It's as simple as that.

As to the Colts, they lost their franchise QB for the season.  They didn't throw anything.

No chance.

To clarify things: Washington swapped their #6 overall (not 18, 6), 2 more 1st round picks (3 overall) and 1 2nd round pick to get up to #2.

So basically, they traded 2 1's and a 2 to swap their 6 overall for a 2 overall. 

Ahhh, your right, I forgot that they were just moving from 6 (so obviously that pick has huge value compared to #18).

OK, so it may take a "bit more" to get the Jets to the #2 spot. Do they have any players that they could also mix in the deal?

The only reason the Jets can't get a QB like Luck is because they haven't had the No. 1 overall pick when the best college QB prospect in a generation was available.

It's as simple as that.

As to the Colts, they lost their franchise QB for the season.  They didn't throw anything.

The GIANTS didnt have the #1 pick, when they got Manning, the BRONCO's didnt have the #1 pick when they got Elway. They traded , to get those Franchise guys. Why cant the Jets?

The GIANTS didnt have the #1 pick, when they got Manning, the BRONCO's didnt have the #1 pick when they got Elway. They traded , to get those Franchise guys. Why cant the Jets?

How is that remotely comparable to the position the Jets have been???

The Giants and Broncos each had the 4th overall pick in the 2004 and 1983 drafts, respectively and traded for a QB taken 1st overall.

The last time the Jets had a top 4 pick was 2006 and they took D'Brick.  The highest drafted QB was Vince Young.  You wanted the Jets to "trade up" for a Franchise guy then?  The Jets simply have not been in a position to make those type of trades.

Archived