Jets Sign Ras-I Dowling

jetsrule128

The New York Jets have signed cornerback Ras-I Dowling to a reserve-future deal.

Dowling was a second-round draft pick in 2010 by the New England Patriots. His early struggles led to his release this past preseason.

Dowling played his college ball at Virginia, where he was named a second-team All-American in 2010.

Since being cut by New England, Dowling worked out for the Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs before being signed to the Jets' practice squad in October.

There might be something here. I'm pretty sure he looked good real early prior to multiple injuries. If healthy he might make an impact.

If not, who cares. That said, FUN FACT of the Day!

The "genius" Will Belichick traded 2010 #89 to the Panthers for their 2011 #33....that pick was Dowling.  

There might be something here. I'm pretty sure he looked good real early prior to multiple injuries. If healthy he might make an impact.

If not, who cares. That said, FUN FACT of the Day!

The "genius" Will Belichick traded 2010 #89 to the Panthers for their 2011 #33....that pick was Dowling.  

He looked good for two games and was injured.  And was injured the next training camp or still injured and was cut. 

This followed a college history of being injured.

Archived