Where would Geno go in this year's draft?

Gastineau Lives

What did I say that was funny and why do you insist on trying to make people feel stupid? Do you have a small cock?

I'm not trying to make anyone feel stupid. I'm pointing out that you and LionelRichie punctuated that joewillie78 is talking out his butt, again.

My ding-a-ling has nothing to do with this, creeper.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

LOL

LOL

At this point in the off-season, it's almost worth starting new threads just to watch the same people put on an exhibition of knowing nothing in different areas of discussion.

OK, other people ask what seem like legitimate questions. They obviously dont agree with what I say, but that ask or offer opinions............do you see where I am going with this?

How about asking a question or offering your opinion?

Is that asking too much?

I'm not trying to make anyone feel stupid. I'm pointing out that you and LionelRichie punctuated that joewillie78 is talking out his butt, again.

My ding-a-ling has nothing to do with this, creeper.

I realized that after I posted and changed it. Apologies, although you are abrasive, ape, that much is true.

The answers is anything but simple. 

You have to consider the league-wide need for QBs this year, vs. last year.

You have to consider the league-wide need for every other position this year, vs. last year... relative to the depth of talent in this draft, vs. last year's draft at EVERY position.

You have to consider the overall depth at QB in this year's draft, vs. last year.

You have to consider the offensive trends in the NFL this year, vs. last year and how Geno fits into them, vs. the guys in this year's draft.

Ultimately it's a damn-near impossible thing to calculate... that said, I'm pretty much a genius, so I'm going to go with late 3rd round.

I'll meet you at the Mensa meeting shortly after Tajh Boyd gets drafted in the late 3rd. 

OK, other people ask what seem like legitimate questions. They obviously dont agree with what I say, but that ask or offer opinions............do you see where I am going with this?

How about asking a question or offering your opinion?

Is that asking too much?

Pretty sure I made my opinion clear... I quoted you and wrote "you don't know what you are talking about".

Given how you've spent the past week or so posting, even if you were able to cobble together a valid point, it would be lost on most because you've essentially relegated yourself to the role of someone whose posts are only read by people looking for the lulz.

Integrity28: Performing the Impossible Since 2007

I invented the impossible, just so that I had a simple way to illustrate the difference between what comes easy to me... and what the rest of you will never aspire to.

It is tough to speculate.  If you look at Geno's college numbers, they are equal to or better than Teddy Bridgewater's.  The one area where Bridgewater is superior is in his running numbers, but we have seen that Geno can run as well.  I would probably rank him third behind Bridgewater and McCarron and in front of the others.  I know there is a lot of Blake Bortles love right now, but I don't see it.

mccarron himself thinks he isnt gonna be a great college qb geno in this draft would probably be the 4th or 5th drafted qb

mccarron himself thinks he isnt gonna be a great college qb geno in this draft would probably be the 4th or 5th drafted qb

I assume you mean, McCarron doesnt think he will be a great NFL QB, right?, as he has already been a great college QB.

Where did McCarron state that he doesnt think he will be a great NFL QB, because one of the knocks I have heard on him is that he has an ego, and tends to not give teammates credit, yet this self effacing comment not only disputes that, but also is weird as I dont think his agent would want him saying things that could cost him mucho dinero down the road.

My own opinion is that he is the 4th or 5th best QB in this draft behind Bridgewater,Manziel, Bortles and about even with Carr. All however are clearly better options than what we have now.

the problem with these "what if" questions is are we going back in time to where he was when he got beat up in the PInstripe Bowl? or coming off an 8-8 rookie season where he finished like gangbusters? Geno back then, yeah maybe a 3rd rounder in this draft. Geno now... showing what he's shown... might go 1 overall. The information that you know he can play in the league is invaluable.

the problem with these "what if" questions is are we going back in time to where he was when he got beat up in the PInstripe Bowl? or coming off an 8-8 rookie season where he finished like gangbusters? Geno back then, yeah maybe a 3rd rounder in this draft. Geno now... showing what he's shown... might go 1 overall. The information that you know he can play in the league is invaluable.

Holy Crap "Showing what he's shown"? He's the worst rated QB in the NFL. He has shown he is horrible and you have him now a possible first overall. WOW.

Pretty sure I made my opinion clear... I quoted you and wrote "you don't know what you are talking about".

Given how you've spent the past week or so posting, even if you were able to cobble together a valid point, it would be lost on most because you've essentially relegated yourself to the role of someone whose posts are only read by people looking for the lulz.

And there used to be a time where JN was the most welcoming jets messageboard. In fact that was the characteristic that brought most of us herre in the first place after getting banned from that other site. Sad.

And there used to be a time where JN was the most welcoming jets messageboard. In fact that was the characteristic that brought most of us herre in the first place after getting banned from that other site. Sad.

I have felt very welcome. Integrity28 just doesnt like me or my views, and the way I hammer away at the same issue's. Thats fine, I have no problem with that.

This is a great forum with very smart posters. I love it here.

Holy Crap "Showing what he's shown"? He's the worst rated QB in the NFL. He has shown he is horrible and you have him now a possible first overall. WOW.

Geno Smith for most of the year, yes was terrible. He was a different player for the last month of the season. You guys might have missed that while rooting for Rex to get fired. 

the correct response to my post is that once upon a time Sanchez got hot at the end of a season and that didn't make him a valuable player. So it goes in fits and spurts. 

Geno Smith for most of the year, yes was terrible. He was a different player for the last month of the season. You guys might have missed that while rooting for Rex to get fired. 

the correct response to my post is that once upon a time Sanchez got hot at the end of a season and that didn't make him a valuable player. So it goes in fits and spurts.

I agree 100% with Sanchez, and like Geno, never would I and most other fans ever suggest that because Sanchez had a couple good games as a rookie, that if he was in the draft after his rookie year, that he would go #1. Like Geno, He was awful his rookie year, and if anything, both clearly proved after their rookie years that they were basically a mistake and shouldnt have been drafted.

I invented the impossible, just so that I had a simple way to illustrate the difference between what comes easy to me... and what the rest of you will never aspire to.

All ook, no ook.

All ook, no ook.

Insert buttsecks joke here.

"Also, starting threads doesn't bloat your post count... responding to them does"

NOW I get it. You post 4 times in a 1 minute span to bloat your post count!!

Appreciate the pointers!!

Kirk, out!!

Tough to judge when you consider that he's playing with the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

He improved over the course of the year. Cut down on the turnovers, the fumbles. Makes plays with his legs. He's got a lot of work to do before next season, but he'll have a leg up on most of the kids who get drafted this May just by virtue of having spent a year in the league already.

Improve teh weaponz, bring in a vet with the potential to beat him out in camp, and see what happens.

"Also, starting threads doesn't bloat your post count... responding to them does"

Kirk, out!!

Don't call out the ape. It never ends well for the engager, the ape, or JetNation as a whole.

The answers is anything but simple. 

You have to consider the league-wide need for QBs this year, vs. last year.

You have to consider the league-wide need for every other position this year, vs. last year... relative to the depth of talent in this draft, vs. last year's draft at EVERY position.

You have to consider the overall depth at QB in this year's draft, vs. last year.

You have to consider the offensive trends in the NFL this year, vs. last year and how Geno fits into them, vs. the guys in this year's draft.

Ultimately it's a damn-near impossible thing to calculate... that said, I'm pretty much a genius, so I'm going to go with late 3rd round.

To accurately predict with 100% CI yes, impossible, having a rough idea is pretty easy based on where you would rank Geno versus this years crop. I am not a scout, but I am sure any scout could give you an idea pretty easily..

wtf is this... When did Bit start fluffing geno???

yes pre you

Kirk, out!!

Dude. He gave you the formula.

Oh, I see what you did there. Nvm.

wtf is this... When did Bit start fluffing geno???

exactly the Raiders game. I saw a different player that week. He wasn't getting more time to throw. But he was getting it out in a reasonable amount of time. And stopped turning the ball over. Look at his numbers from the last 4 weeks it's huge

diff than the first 12 weeks. 

I reserve the right to hate Geno again, from week to week. Maybe this is who he is, a very streaky player. His senior year was also streaky as heck. 

exactly the Raiders game. I saw a different player that week. He wasn't getting more time to throw. But he was getting it out in a reasonable amount of time. And stopped turning the ball over. Look at his numbers from the last 4 weeks it's huge

diff than the first 12 weeks. 

I reserve the right to hate Geno again, from week to week. Maybe this is who he is, a very streaky player. His senior year was also streaky as heck. 

Just taking care of the ball was a huge difference in and of itself: he accounted for 7 tds (4 passing and 3 rushing) and only 2 turnovers. That's a quarter of the season where he only turned the ball over twice. For the first time in a while, I'm actually pretty optimistic to see what our offense will look like next year after he has a full off-season of training to not only get bigger physically, but work more under center. Coming into camp this year he won't have to worry about learning a brand new system, learning how to play under center, but can hit the ground running. Obviously he's not being given the starting job, but it will certainly be a very entertaning off-season.

Just taking care of the ball was a huge difference in and of itself: he accounted for 7 tds (4 passing and 3 rushing) and only 2 turnovers. That's a quarter of the season where he only turned the ball over twice. For the first time in a while, I'm actually pretty optimistic to see what our offense will look like next year after he has a full off-season of training to not only get bigger physically, but work more under center. Coming into camp this year he won't have to worry about learning a brand new system, learning how to play under center, but can hit the ground running. Obviously he's not being given the starting job, but it will certainly be a very entertaning off-season.

All of this.

Archived