Report that Matt Simms signed for 2014

faba

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a lot of holes on this team and there was no sense in creating another one.  Simms earned the # 3 job last year by beating out McElroy, ended up the # 2, and knows the system.  And re-signing him for less than $500,000 means we can turn around and cut him at any time.  Everyone knows we need to add at least 1, if not 2 QB's into the mix.  Either Simms ends up cut or he's our cheap 3rd string guy.  I don't see a problem with it.

????? 

Barely 50% completions and a garbage touchdown in Buffalo. Sweet. Super Bowl here we come.

Not big enough sample size, but I'm glad you concluded he was sh*t. And glad you're not anywhere near the jets scouts.

If Geno is #1 and Simms #2 next year, Rex better start typing up his resume, BEFORE Black Monday 2014, because he wouldnt make it to the bye with those 2 as your #1 and #2.

Doesn't your back and neck ache from the weight of the negativity you carry around?

Why bring in anyone who can't play? Only Tanny would do such a thing .

Hi. I'm David Garrard,

You do realize that Geno and Simms were the #1 and #2 this year, respectively, and they still managed to go 8-8? I know you believe that we are doomed with Geno as a starter, but the way he played the last quarter of the season is fairly indicative of a player improving. He plays at that level for an entire season, we're without a doubt a playoff team.

The Jets couldn't make the layoffs in a down year for the AFC. Everyone else is going to try to get better too, including the teams in our own division. The Ravens and the Steelers didn't make the playoffs. Don't think that they won't be back in the mix next season.

Not big enough sample size, but I'm glad you concluded he was sh*t. And glad you're not anywhere near the jets scouts.

Haha. Lord. Yes, be glad I'm not a Jets scout or any other scout who obviously all passed on this messiah 7 or more times in the draft and then again after it. If he was any good he would have been drafted. If it wasn't for the Jets ridiculous belief that David Garrard was going to somehow be healthy enough to last a football season, Matt Simms would have been inactive for the majority of the season and if Sanchez was healthy, he probably would have been sent to the practice squad because he isn't a very good QB.

Haha. Lord. Yes, be glad I'm not a Jets scout or any other scout who obviously all passed on this messiah 7 or more times in the draft and then again after it. If he was any good he would have been drafted. If it wasn't for the Jets ridiculous belief that David Garrard was going to somehow be healthy enough to last a football season, Matt Simms would have been inactive for the majority of the season and if Sanchez was healthy, he probably would have been sent to the practice squad because he isn't a very good QB.

Tom Brady got passed on several times by all teams, but I like how you are trying to make sense. Keyword: TRYING.

PS: Being a "bad quarterback" is totally different from not being a "very good QB."

Yuengling is clearly the best of the cheap beers.

WOW, that stuff is awful. I cant even get near that stuff. Just the smell kills me. I am being dead serious here, I really cannot drink that stuff.

Up here in the Finger Lakes of NY, I actually do like Genny Cream Ale, as a good cheap beer, but I just cannot drink Yuengling.

WOW, that stuff is awful. I cant even get near that stuff. Just the smell kills me. I am being dead serious here, I really cannot drink that stuff.

Up here in the Finger Lakes of NY, I actually do like Genny Cream Ale, as a good cheap beer, but I just cannot drink Yuengling.

You literally have the worst taste in beer, and you don't even have the excuse of being 20 years old with a student's <$10 bankroll. Genesee Cream Ale? I haven't SEEN that swill in 20 years, let alone let it pass my lips.

Genny and Coors Light. Ugh. Brings me back to college when we'd go to the beverage store with $5 and pick a case of Beast over Piels because "it at least comes in longnecks" and if you make it really really really cold it almost tastes the same as Budweiser (which we also didn't realize, back then, that was not a positive).

We happen to live in a time, in this country, where micro-brews are mass-produced/distributed, and a lot of them are actually pretty awesome. Just the thought of still drinking the 5-10 makes of carbonated piss available (or Guinness as the lone alternative) makes me not want to drink beer anymore.

Genny Cream Ale, lol. Good God.

You have to understand, it's tough to take seriously the beer-drinking preferences of anyone who somehow thinks of Coors as anything more than piss in a bottle.  If simply the smell of another beer bothers you so much, perhaps you just don't really like beer as much as you think.

Tom Brady got passed on several times by all teams, but I like how you are trying to make sense. Keyword: TRYING.

PS: Being a "bad quarterback" is totally different from not being a "very good QB."

You're right. But, Tom Brady was at least a starter at Michigan when he graduated.

Matt Simms lost his job in 2010 and never got it back in 2011. Went undrafted in 2012 and is now the back up for the Jets because he's cheap.

If Matt Simms was good he would have been highly recruited, a multiple year starter, and drafted.  He was none of those things and if his last name wasn't Simms, he'd be using his degree for something else.

You literally have the worst taste in beer, and you don't even have the excuse of being 20 years old with a student's <$10 bankroll. Genesee Cream Ale? I haven't SEEN that swill in 20 years, let alone let it pass my lips.

Genny and Coors Light. Ugh. Brings me back to college when we'd go to the beverage store with $5 and pick a case of beast over Piels because "it at least comes in longnecks" and if you make it really really really cold it almost tastes the same as Budweiser (which we also didn't realize, back then, that was not a positive).

We happen to live in a time, in this country, where micro-brews are mass-produced/distributed, and a lot of them are actually pretty awesome. Just the thought of still drinking the 5-10 makes of carbonated piss available (or Guinness as the lone alternative) makes me not want to drink beer anymore.

Genny Cream Ale, lol. Good God.

You think thats bad. I can remember my days on Long Island when we used to drink RHEINGOLD. T I think they were a METS sponsor. Wow, that was bad beer.

Hey, so what, I have bad tastes in beer. It is what it is. I love Coors Lite, and apparently given the sales of that Beer, I am not alone. Also, like I said, Genny Cream for a cheap beer aint bad.

Yes, I am well aware of the Micros, and in fact as I mentioned in another thread, we have a BEER TRAIL here in the Finger Lakes, where you go to about 30 Micros in a day, much like the WINE TRAILS. Most of the Micros are great but their are times where I drink one, and say egads, do you have any Coors Lite?

Yuengling is funny, it's one of those beers where people either hate it or love it, as far as the cheap beer goes. I actually happen to like, but have met many people who will drink Genny Lite or some other swill and turn their nose up at Yeungling, kind of funny. 

You have to understand, it's tough to take seriously the beer-drinking preferences of anyone who somehow thinks of Coors as anything more than piss in a bottle.  If simply the smell of another beer bothers you so much, perhaps you just don't really like beer as much as you think.

OR maybe, I just dont like REAL beers. Although, last I checked, they still proof kids who buy Coors.

Yuengling is funny, it's one of those beers where people either hate it or love it, as far as the cheap beer goes. I actually happen to like, but have met many people who will drink Genny Lite or some other swill and turn their nose up at Yeungling, kind of funny.

Thanks, your right about Yuengling, at least with me. NOW I draw the line at Genny Lite, I will not touch that suff but Genny Cream, in the Dark green can, with the barley leaf on the front, I have always liked that. Their is a micro up here near a ski area, and they make a cream ale so thick, that you can almost drink it with a spoon. It is the smoothest, and creamiset beer I have ever had, and has awesome flavor.

Thanks, your right about Yuengling, at least with me. NOW I draw the line at Genny Lite, I will not touch that suff but Genny Cream, in the Dark green can, with the barley leaf on the front, I have always liked that. Their is a micro up here near a ski area, and they make a cream ale so thick, that you can almost drink it with a spoon. It is the smoothest, and creamiset beer I have ever had, and has awesome flavor.

Where are you from, I can recommend some brews based on where you live that are local to you.

You think thats bad. I can remember my days on Long Island when we used to drink RHEINGOLD. T I think they were a METS sponsor. Wow, that was bad beer.

Hey, so what, I have bad tastes in beer. It is what it is. I love Coors Lite, and apparently given the sales of that Beer, I am not alone. Also, like I said, Genny Cream for a cheap beer aint bad.

Yes, I am well aware of the Micros, and in fact as I mentioned in another thread, we have a BEER TRAIL here in the Finger Lakes, where you go to about 30 Micros in a day, much like the WINE TRAILS. Most of the Micros are great but their are times where I drink one, and say egads, do you have any Coors Lite?

See, you're not getting it. I'm trying to insult you about more than just beer and it isn't taking. It's a metaphor. Your bad taste in beer is a metaphor for your judgment for all things in life. For example, football players, coaches, etc.

If your judgment tells you it is a good idea to drink Genny Cream Ale, on purpose and repeatedly, then your judgment is suspect. You are supposed to feel sad and embarrassed - maybe a little bit angry, even - for being thrashed so cleverly.

Rheingold I've never even tasted. But if a Coors Light fan says it's bad, then it's either really good and your taste buds are merely unsophisticated, or it's the most disgusting liquid this side of toxic waste.

Coors is piss. Coors Light is the toilet water that you've pissed into (watered down piss).

See, you're not getting it. I'm trying to insult you about more than just beer and it isn't taking. It's a metaphor. Your bad taste in beer is a metaphor for your judgment for all things in life. For example, football players, coaches, etc.

If your judgment tells you it is a good idea to drink Genny Cream Ale, on purpose and repeatedly, then your judgment is suspect. You are supposed to feel sad and embarrassed - maybe a little bit angry, even - for being thrashed so cleverly.

Rheingold I've never even tasted. But if a Coors Light fan says it's bad, then it's either really good and your taste buds are merely unsophisticated, or it's the most disgusting liquid this side of toxic waste.

Coors is piss. Coors Light is the toilet water that you've pissed into (watered down piss).

Does this get moved to the Beer Forum or the Metaphor?

Please, we all know you have a gutter pallet Spermy. Everyone knows you eat at Arby's, the red-headed step-child of the sh*tty burger joints. Don't act like you're above us!

Where are you from, I can recommend some brews based on where you live that are local to you.

I live right between ITHACA NY, and CORTLAND here in the Finger Lakes. We are known for our Finger Lakes wines but the Micro's have literally exploded in this area and their are a couple so cloes to me that I can just about walk to them, or ski to them if we have snow, whcih of course we dont as it has been warm and wet the past week.

Any suggestions you have, I will certainly go and try, and like I said, we have a store that you make your own six packs out of all the micro's and I am starting to run low so fire away.

Wow, I will have to go back to my old Psych 101 notes, and review the chapter on Bad BEER taste, and bad judgement in life.

The next time I guess you are insulting me, your just going to have to come out and say it as obviously my naivetivity prevented me from seeing it.

Sorry. LOL

I live right between ITHACA NY, and CORTLAND here in the Finger Lakes. We are known for our Finger Lakes wines but the Micro's have literally exploded in this area and their are a couple so cloes to me that I can just about walk to them, or ski to them if we have snow, whcih of course we dont as it has been warm and wet the past week.

Any suggestions you have, I will certainly go and try, and like I said, we have a store that you make your own six packs out of all the micro's and I am starting to run low so fire away.

Ithaca brewing has some good beers. I've heard good things about Galaxy in Binghamton. Southern Tier has some very good beers as well, though that's a bit further away.

Ithaca brewing has some good beers. I've heard good things about Galaxy in Binghamton. Southern Tier has some very good beers as well, though that's a bit further away.

I have had some of the Ithaca brews. Some are good and others are poor. I havent tried Galaxy, or Southern Tier so I will give them a try.

I had a micro the other day, that had APRICOT in it and it was AWFUL, I thought it would have just a slight apricot taste, but WOW, I might as well been drinking apricot juice.

Thanks, and CHEERS.

I have had some of the Ithaca brews. Some are good and others are poor. I havent tried Galaxy, or Southern Tier so I will give them a try.

I had a micro the other day, that had APRICOT in it and it was AWFUL, I thought it would have just a slight apricot taste, but WOW, I might as well been drinking apricot juice.

Thanks, and CHEERS.

All depends on your taste. I like their apricot.

Old time New York beer.  Yep, they were the Mets sponsor and the commercials were all over the place. 

In their last years they kept getting sold over and over and the formula changed every time.  So while the stuff sucked, you didn't have to bother changing because the next month it would be different anyway.

Archived