Report that Matt Simms signed for 2014

faba

Old time New York beer.  Yep, they were the Mets sponsor and the commercials were all over the place. 

In their last years they kept getting sold over and over and the formula changed every time.  So while the stuff sucked, you didn't have to bother changing because the next month it would be different anyway.

I think Lindsey and Ralph used to actually do a commercial for Rheingold. It was dubbed the DRIEST beer, I think in the adds they even used to say Rheingold extra dry. It was awful, but it was dirt cheap, and we always drank it playing softball.

I also think back then that the Yankees also had like a lousy beer sponsor, but cant for the lif of me remember it. Do you?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, that stuff is awful. I cant even get near that stuff. Just the smell kills me. I am being dead serious here, I really cannot drink that stuff.

Up here in the Finger Lakes of NY, I actually do like Genny Cream Ale, as a good cheap beer, but I just cannot drink Yuengling.

Genesee Brewing Co

What an amazing qb roster we have. I bet teams are going to be staying up all night fear stricken about playing the world beater qbs we have in Geno Smith, Matt Simms, and David Garrard. 

Wondering if Garrard gets a disabled or handicapped parking spot. 

Wow, I will have to go back to my old Psych 101 notes, and review the chapter on Bad BEER taste, and bad judgement in life.

The next time I guess you are insulting me, your just going to have to come out and say it as obviously my naivetivity prevented me from seeing it.

Sorry. LOL

I have to do it in a subtle way. Personal attacks aren't allowed here. If you weren't such a dumbass you'd realize that I can't just come right out and insult you.

All depends on your taste. I like their apricot.

I have had some of the Ithaca brews. Some are good and others are poor. I havent tried Galaxy, or Southern Tier so I will give them a try.

I had a micro the other day, that had APRICOT in it and it was AWFUL, I thought it would have just a slight apricot taste, but WOW, I might as well been drinking apricot juice.

Thanks, and CHEERS.

I'm not a huge fruit beer myself, but dogfish head makes an Aprihop IPA that is phenomenal. Definitely recommend checking it out if you're able to get your hands on it.

I'm not a huge fruit beer myself, but dogfish head makes an Aprihop IPA that is phenomenal. Definitely recommend checking it out if you're able to get your hands on it.

I will look for it this weekend when I visit my micro supply store.

By the way, a beer that I am really fond of now, thats a wheat beer is SHOCK-TOP. I am hooked on it. Not going to replace the Rocky mountain refreshment, but I stuff that orange in there, and man thats heaven.

When David was bought in by Idzik he could play, however his risk was his knees which did catch up with him. What Tanny did was literally bring in a guy who could no longer play in Mark Brunell. 

What made Idzik think he could play? He hadn't thrown an NFL pass in 3 years. Garrard never even suited up. Come on.

What made Idzik think he could play? He hadn't thrown an NFL pass in 3 years. Garrard never even suited up. Come on.

Garrard beat out Ryan Tannehill the year before during their QB competition. He hurt his knee and Ryan got the job via Garrard's injury. Idzik attempted to capitalize off of what he saw from Garrard but his knee couldnt hold. 

Mark Brunell was picked up not because he could play but to be a mentor. If you cant see the difference between the two then im sorry. 

Garrard beat out Ryan Tannehill the year before during their QB competition. He hurt his knee and Ryan got the job via Garrard's injury. Idzik attempted to capitalize off of what he saw from Garrard but his knee couldnt hold.

Mark Brunell was picked up not because he could play but to be a mentor. If you cant see the difference between the two then im sorry.

Okay. Initially sure. Why bring him back after he unretired? He never was active and bringing him back was worthless.

But Idzik did just that when he brought back Garrard the second time. He was nothing more than a mentor.

Yep

The fact that he didn't even get any considerations over Simms means one of two things.  Either the CS thinks way more of Simms then the fans do, or Garrard is toast, and he was just here to hold Smith's hand

Garrard hadn't been on an NFL roster for two full seasons before Idzik signed him. There was no evidence that he could play, and there still isn't. There's really no difference between the two signings, none. It was a terrible signing.

See, you're not getting it. I'm trying to insult you about more than just beer and it isn't taking. It's a metaphor. Your bad taste in beer is a metaphor for your judgment for all things in life. For example, football players, coaches, etc.

If your judgment tells you it is a good idea to drink Genny Cream Ale, on purpose and repeatedly, then your judgment is suspect. You are supposed to feel sad and embarrassed - maybe a little bit angry, even - for being thrashed so cleverly.

Rheingold I've never even tasted. But if a Coors Light fan says it's bad, then it's either really good and your taste buds are merely unsophisticated, or it's the most disgusting liquid this side of toxic waste.

Coors is piss. Coors Light is the toilet water that you've pissed into (watered down piss).

Coors Light...mmmmm. Good.

Garrard hadn't been on an NFL roster for two full seasons before Idzik signed him. There was no evidence that he could play, and there still isn't. There's really no difference between the two signings, none. It was a terrible signing.

Garrard was beating out Tannehill during the competition and he got injured. There's a difference here because Idzik made the initial signing with the same intent of having them compete it out. Mark Brunell was solely a mentor to Mark. 

Garrard was beating out Tannehill during the competition and he got injured. There's a difference here because Idzik made the initial signing with the same intent of having them compete it out. Mark Brunell was solely a mentor to Mark. 

So, by this logic since Sanchez was beating out Geno and he got injured, they should bring him back to compete for the starting job next year then?

Archived