Loving the Running Back crop this year

Sully80

Kadeem "The Dream" Carey

Tre Mason

Bishop Sankey

Lache Seastrunk

I think every one of those names have potential to be top tier running backs in the NFL. Jets still need a guy that can really put the burners on, would like to see the Jets take a RB early.

Kadeem "The Dream" Carey

Tre Mason

Bishop Sankey

Lache Seastrunk

I think every one of those names have potential to be top tier running backs in the NFL. Jets still need a guy that can really put the burners on, would like to see the Jets take a RB street fashion blog.

Hopefully we get either Lache or Tre, I love both those kids. Need them to help Geno.

I'm going to the draft this year all rounds if we pick up a rb before fifth round I will implode unless its a hybrid like de Anthony Thomas from Oregon who can provide wr and Kr pr help

If we get a WR, TE and two solid BAPS (including at least one defensive back) with our first three rounds, I'm okay taking one of these guys in the 4th. 

I'm liking Carlos Hyde. His style reminds me of Adrian Peterson.

Hyde can bowl over guys, yes.  But he can't break away from them in a foot race.  Not at a slow 4.6

Peterson is a generational talent, his equal won't be found in the middle rounds. 

Hyde can bowl over guys, yes.  But he can't break away from them in a foot race.  Not at a slow 4.6

Peterson is a generational talent, his equal won't be found in the middle rounds. 

He looks pretty fast on tape. But, then again, I have no idea on how to analyze running backs since most of them have gaping holes that they run through.

Why run through them, when you can run around them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6GlGHRelgM

Not a power back but he still looks very good running between the tackles and appears to have good vision.  He would be a nice addition -- still on the board in Rd 3?

Not a power back but he still looks very good running between the tackles and appears to have good vision.  He would be a nice addition -- still on the board in Rd 3?

In all of those FanSpeak (er whatever) mock drafts, he was.

I read that Pauline (the Draft Insider guy) had Carlos Hyde as the only player to deserve a fringe first round grade.  He gave Sankey,  Seastrunk and Ka'Deem Carey solid second round grades.  Tre Mason had a third round grade from the advisory board, but this is all before the combine, so who knows. 

Someone will drop to our Tampa Bay  third.  

In all of those FanSpeak (er whatever) mock drafts, he was.

I read that Pauline (the Draft Insider guy) had Carlos Hyde as the only player to deserve a fringe first round grade.  He gave Sankey,  Seastrunk and Ka'Deem Carey solid second round grades.  Tre Mason had a third round grade from the advisory board, but this is all before the combine, so who knows. 

Someone will drop to our Tampa Bay  third.  

Deep, deep pool of potentially good RB's so who knows how things will shake out.  If he is there in the 4th or 5th it would be ideal.  Jets are not going to burn an early pick at RB with Ivory in place to get most of the  carries.  

Deep, deep pool of potentially good RB's so who knows how things will shake out. If he is there in the 4th or 5th it would be ideal. Jets are not going to burn an early pick at RB with Ivory in place to get most of the carries.

I like Ivory in the Shonn Greene role; heavily employed in the 4th qtr, mowing down winded defenders. He's going to run fierce regardless. We might as well keep him fresh throughout the season by limiting his touches, namely first and second round.

I like Ivory in the Shonn Greene role; heavily employed in the 4th qtr, mowing down winded defenders. He's going to run fierce regardless. We might as well keep him fresh throughout the season by limiting his touches, namely first and second round.

I am assuming you meant first and second down, which I entirely agree with -- Ivory is not a good receiver.  Still, they are not going to burn an early pick on a 3rd down back and no way they are drafting a potential feature back.  Maybe steal a FA, maybe bring Goodson back and, nonetheless, still draft a RB.

I am assuming you meant first and second down, which I entirely agree with -- Ivory is not a good receiver.  Still, they are not going to burn an early pick on a 3rd down back and no way they are drafting a potential feature back.  Maybe steal a FA, maybe bring Goodson back and, nonetheless, still draft a RB.

I've been beating the Bishop Sankey drum pretty hard...Just found a new kid. 

Marion Grice, Arizona State, 6-0, 204, RB, 

Termed the "most versatile back in the NCAA" check out his stats. 

2012: rushed for 679 yards (6.6 ypc) with 11 TDs.  Buuut, also had 41 receptions for 425 yards, 8 TDs. 

2013: rushed for 996 yards (5.2 ypc) with 14 TDs, Aaand, also had 50 receptions for 438 yards, 6 TDs.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCVfPNeVKF0

on edit:

I found a shorter highlight clip of him to spare everyone the 7:00 one. 

Archived