Ryan Tannehill's wife forgets her machine gun in her rental car

Matt39

Ryan Tannehill’s wife returns rental car, forgets AR-15 rifle in the back seat  According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Lauren Tannehill left behind a $2,000 AR-15 rifle in the back seat of a rented Nissan SUV, only for it to be discovered two days later by next people to rent the the vehicle. The Tannehills refused to comment beyond calling the incident a 'personal matter.' BY BERNIE AUGUSTINE / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2014, 6:29 PM
lauren16s-1-web.jpg GUSTAVO CABALLERO/GETTY IMAGES FOR THE WORKSHOP In a statement, Ryan Tannehill and his wife Lauren call the incident a ‘personal matter’ and offer no futher comment on the rifle left behind in a rental car.

Lauren Tannehill left quite a surprise behind for the next driver of a rental car earlier this month.

The model wife of Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill reportedly forgot a $2,000 AR-15 rifle in the back seat of a Nissan SUV she rented on Jan. 4, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported Wednesday.

No charges were filed, and the weapon is legally owned by the Dolphins quarterback. Through a Dolphins spokesman, the Tannehills called the incident a “personal matter” and didn’t comment further.

s.jpg ANDREW THEODORAKIS/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS The AR-15 found in a car rented by Lauren Tannehill is legally owned by her husband, Ryan Tannehill.

According to the report, Lauren Tannehill rented a Nissan Rogue on Jan. 4, only to exchange it for another car a few hours later. The Rogue was then rented to Judith Fleissig of Rochester, N.Y., three hours after Tannehill returned it. Fleissig was in the area with her daughter who was interviewing for a pediatric residency program in Miami.

2Rs3oOx.jpg?1
Ryan Tannehill's wife, Lauren, leaves this AR-15 rifle in the back seat of a rental car.

Two days after picking the car up, Fleissig’s daughter discovered the gun. “Oh my God, it’s a gun,” Fleissig recalled her daughter saying. “I said, ‘I think I’m going to throw up.’”

lauren16s-2-web.jpg @LAURENTANNEHILL VIA TWITTER/@LAURENTANNEHILL VIA TWITTER Ryan and Lauren Tannehill reportedly called E-Z Rent-A-Car to report a missing item from the Nissan Rogue the couple rented, but wouldn’t say what the missing item was.

Fleissig sad that she and her daughter got out of the car — “we were kind of freaked out,” she told the paper — took a photo of it and went to the police station. The company that rented the car, E-Z Rent-A-Car, told the Sun-Sentinel that cars are cleaned out before they are rented out again. “I’m not sure how that could get past,” Charlie Graham, the company’s VP of business development, told the paper.

The Tannehills immediately called the rental car company to report a missing item but wouldn’t specify what was missing, a source told the paper.

“Though dangerous if it would have landed in the wrong hands, it’s not criminal,” Broward sherrif’s spokeswoman Keyla Concepcion told the Sun-Sentinel.

Sandy Hook killer Adam Lanza used a variation of the AR-15, which was the weapon of choice of James E. Hooper in the 2012 Aurora, Colo., shooting that killed 12 and injured 70.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/dolphins-qb-wife-forgets-ar-15-rifle-rental-car-article-1.1581154#ixzz2qZYnvV7U

Let's be clear here - that is not a machine gun.  It's a rifle.

Also, this. Machine guns are fully automatic. That rifle is semi-automatic. It may look "scary" but it's no different than this:

But the AR-15 just looks soooo scary. The coining of the term assault weapon really skewed the general public's view of rifles.

Does a non-assault weapon exist?

With the bi-pod and scope, that gun is set up for assaulting targets at the range.  A flashy looking, unreliable accessory for posers. I'll take a Kalishnikov or the Israeli Galil (in 7.62x51) as better functioning and rock solid reliable SAR's.

And, you've got to love Hertz for missing an item of that size.

With the bi-pod and scope, that gun is set up for assaulting targets at the range. A flashy looking, unreliable accessory for posers. I'll take a Kalishnikov or the Israeli Galil (in 7.62x51) as better functioning and rock solid reliable SAR's.

Bi-pods and red dots are quite handy

With the bi-pod and scope, that gun is set up for assaulting targets at the range.  A flashy looking, unreliable accessory for posers. I'll take a Kalishnikov or the Israeli Galil (in 7.62x51) as better functioning and rock solid reliable SAR's.

Right, how does that escape cleaning? Obviously a careless and dangerous mistake on her part, but part of that blame needs to be put on the car company. 

Bi-pods and red dots are quite handy

Absolutely.  Good tools for quickly acquiring the target 20' and in -- but they will not trun a poor marksman into a good one.  I prefer green lasers on my handguns since they are also effective in daylight.

Absolutely. Good tools for quickly acquiring the target 20' and in -- but they will not trun a poor marksman into a good one. I prefer green lasers on my handguns since they are also effective in daylight.

They're good for hunting in heavy brush and swamps.

For long shots I'll take a Leupold VX series. Love those scopes

We just started selling guns and most everything needed with them. Good prices

The website is

http://www.theoutlawgroupllc.com

Never held the Galil but agree about the Kalishnikov. My father in law has one. A real AK from the late 50's Soviet era not a Czech knock off.

Sure you heard Mikhail K died last month.

Never held the Galil but agree about the Kalishnikov. My father in law has one. A real AK from the late 50's Soviet era not a Czech knock off.

Sure you heard Mikhail K died last month.

Yes, I did.  Nice collectable piece your father in law owns.  

Archived