Jets and Rex reach "multi-year" extension, per Schefter

nj meadowlands

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im stunned to find out this became a 'who gives a ****' situation. 

I disagree.

Less questions, way less, than when drafted. No clue what you expected or why, but his rookie year was not some sh*tshow. 18 TDs to 25 TOs from a rookie QB is not something to lament, particularly since he showed tools, brains, and a great makeup. This nonsense is all formalities, Geno has this.

He literally conceded punts for an entire game.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2014/01/11/9830/

Rex Ryan- terrible challenger.

I'm not going to argue or belabor the Geno point any more. If you think he has great tools and braings and makeup, then we're watching different games.

How bad of a team do you have to be for your fanbase to literally celebrate extending a coach who has not had a winning season in 3 years?

Or said the other way, a head coach with only 1 losing season and 2 afcc appearances in 5 years, btw the first 5 years of his coaching career.

It's not just the QB he sticks with. He left Milliner out there many times when he looked lost. He left Kyle Wilson in there this season to get four penalties in four plays. Vlad Ducasse. Etc etc etc.

And yes. The heavens sent us Mornhinweg who led the Jets number 25 overall offense.  We are saved.

Using Dee Milliner as a proof that Rex doesn't give guys the hook quickly enough could be one of the most backwards posts I've seen. 

I'm not going to argue or belabor the Geno point any more. If you think he has great tools and braings and makeup, then we're watching different games.

I had a tough time finding these stats last time, but actually he has had bad challenge years but he's also had very good challenge years

You're still carrying on about this punt returner nonsense?  Seriously, we get it already and it ultimately made no difference in the game.  For starters, it wasn't even an entire game and it's not like they just forgot to have a returner, they intentionally put 11 men on the line in hopes of getting a block.  Yeah, it failed, but it was still a strategy.  And we won't even get into the fact that it was the ST coordinator's plan since I'm sure you think Rex should've vetoed it, which is certainly your prerogative.

Also nice to know that Rex is better at challenges than 3 of the 4 remaining playoff coaches.

Yes they are:

Manish: If Rex Ryan delivers (playoffs), he sticks around beyond 2015.

Hubbuch:No way Rex is back in 2015 if he misses the playoffs.

Manish's twitter makes 2015 seem a given regardless of anything. Hubbuch's says he needs to make playoffs in 2014 to see 2015.

Entirey different.

My point is this.  If Rex makes the playoffs this is a long term extension.  If he doesn't make the playoffs he can still be fired after next season.

Sounds like it may only end up being a one-year extension through 2015 depending on some terms in the contract. #nyj

My point is this.  If Rex makes the playoffs this is a long term extension.  If he doesn't make the playoffs he can still be fired after next season.

Sounds like it may only end up being a one-year extension through 2015 depending on some terms in the contract. #nyj

So, in essence, not a lot has changed since the proclamation of Rex being retained. This is more formal window dressing.

EDIT-With the exception it costs the Jets an unknown amount of money to get rid of Rex if he does not fulfill 2014.

To reiterate, I've never said Bevell is guaranteed to be a great coach. I professed love for Bevell because I thought he was the logical candidate to replace Rex.

You also said you would run across the field naked with sh*t falling from your ass and a roll of TP stuck to it and travailing in the wind for 100ft with "I luv Sex with Rex" written in lipstick across your chest.

If Rex got and Extension and they won a Superbowl.

we are 50% there buddy!

Using Dee Milliner as a proof that Rex doesn't give guys the hook quickly enough could be one of the most backwards posts I've seen.

Why? There were games he was awful in an should have been benched sooner. Just because he had a few solid games down the stretch doesn't mean he's the second coming of Revis. The kid was handed a starting spot he didn't deserve week in and week out and it cost the Jets games.

So, in essence, not a lot has changed since the proclamation of Rex being retained. This is more formal window dressing.

EDIT-With the exception it costs the Jets an unknown amount of money to get rid of Rex if he does not fulfill 2014.

A lot has changed.  Rex wasn't fired like so many experts swore he would be.  The Jets get to come back a more talented team next year and have Rex lead them back to the playoffs.  

Yeah - still sleeping fine over a punt returner (a job only a psychopath in a league full of them would want anyway) missing for a day, and not remotely sold on anything else here. Yaaaaaaay sexy Rexy

As far as Smith we are definitely watching the same games. I'm just watching them better probably. Oh noes the rookies QB throwing to #1 target David Nelson for 6 weeks had a bad stretch of games...Drama queens, the lot of you. I guess I sound extreme in annointing him, but the idea that this guy didn't show a whole lot of good as a rookie is a little laughable/expectedly exaggerated at this point.

Archived