Jets and Rex reach "multi-year" extension, per Schefter

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm rarely wrong.

Did anyone else have dreams of Rex hoisting the Lombardi trophy followed by a warm embrace with him an Idzik on the podium, crying, laughing and fondling each other?

Great.  So the Vikings decided Mike Zimmer was a better choice (I agree with them), and the Redskins hired a guy who was coaching in the UFL just a few years ago.     Also the Lions decided coaching

It wasn't time for Rex to go.  It wasn't time for Rex to get a 4 year guaranteed extension.  

All parties involved realize this and put together a deal that is good for both sides.  This is a good day for the Jets.

So much for "being cheap" as the reason Woody didn't fire Rex.

How do you figure?

@RapSheet: Source on Rex Ryan’s new extension: “window dressing.” I.E.: short-term extension #Jets wanted, looks like long-term extension Rex wanted

I think this move solidifies Geno as the starter next year unless they trade for or sign a veteran.

The expectations are to rise from the ashes, not settle for another year of excuses w a rookie QB.

Still a lot of pressure for a second yr QB.

Unfortunate for Rex if Geno is a Sanchez part 2.

Will be even more interesting if one of the big are there at 18.

A lot has changed.  Rex wasn't fired like so many experts swore he would be.  The Jets get to come back a more talented team next year and have Rex lead them back to the playoffs.  

I will repeat what I said, not much has changed SINCE they stated he would return in 2014.

Today is the same as yesterday for the Jets, except they will have to pay a little bit more if they do not want Rex in 2015.

You also said you would run across the field naked with sh*t falling from your ass and a roll of TP stuck to it and travailing in the wind for 100ft with "I luv Sex with Rex" written in lipstick across your chest.

If Rex got and Extension and they won a Superbowl.

we are 50% there buddy!

Getcha lipstick ready

How do you figure?

@RapSheet: Source on Rex Ryan’s new extension: “window dressing.” I.E.: short-term extension #Jets wanted, looks like long-term extension Rex wanted

Because they were perfectly free to let him play out the final year if they wanted to.

Because they were perfectly free to let him play out the final year if they wanted to.

They reached a middle ground.

After they made the statement they were going to retain Rex, they were stuck with that, and this now allows Rex a little more grace, if he should act like a good coach.

Why? There were games he was awful in an should have been benched sooner. Just because he had a few solid games down the stretch doesn't mean he's the second coming of Revis. The kid was handed a starting spot he didn't deserve week in and week out and it cost the Jets games.

Games?!?! How many games did Milliner cost us?  Keeping Revis = 2 games.  Sanchez not getting hurt = 2 games.  Woo hoo!  This is a 14 win team!  The entire purpose of this season was to develop young talent.  Milliner was benched numerous times.  Sometimes during the game, sometimes he lost his start.  I know some of you guys love that Golden Domer, but Walls was nowhere near as good as the board thinks.  It is apparent that Milliner is better.

I will repeat what I said, not much has changed SINCE they stated he would return in 2014.

Today is the same as yesterday for the Jets, except they will have to pay a little bit more if they do not want Rex in 2015.

Well all year many said Rex wouldn't be back in 2014.  So a lot has changed in that regard.  

I will repeat what I said, this deal is good because Rex still has a lot to prove.  They can't have him as a lame duck and they didn't over react and give him a 4 year extension.

They need to get more talent next year and let Rex earn more time here.  This is a good thing.

They weren't "perfectly free" to let him coach on a one-year deal because every one of his assistants would have bailed and every free agent would refuse your calls. Woody Johnson is worth $13 billion and he just nickel and dimed his coach.

They weren't "perfectly free" to let him coach on a one-year deal because every one of his assistants would have bailed and every free agent would refuse your calls. Woody Johnson is worth $13 billion and he just nickel and dimed his coach.

Woody Johnson is not poor.  But he is not worth 13 billion, he isn't even close to that.  He is a billionaire in the 3 + range.  So I am not feeling sorry for him by any means.  Just saying that it isn't 13 billion like you suggested. 

Woody Johnson is not poor. But he is not worth 13 billion, he isn't even close to that. He is a billionaire in the 3 + range. So I am not feeling sorry for him by any means. Just saying that it isn't 13 billion like you suggested.

It's $3 billion that the IRS knows about.

• Upvote 1

Woody Johnson is not poor.  But he is not worth 13 billion, he isn't even close to that.  He is a billionaire in the 3 + range.  So I am not feeling sorry for him by any means.  Just saying that it isn't 13 billion like you suggested. 

Holy sh*t really?  I didn't know he'd fallen on hard times.  Maybe we can call Bill Gates and set up some kind of fund for him?  

Is that towards me? Aids jokes aren't funny. Your post was over the line.

You know why sourceworx talks to you like that, Max? Because he doesn't respect you. What are you gonna do about it?

Do you want to hear a story about my time aboard the USS Indianapolis?

Never again will I willingly read a tale about the SS Indianopolis, not after what those sharks did to you, Herbie and the more than 800 other brave men aboard that ship. Those lifeless-eyed, godless killing machines tore through almost a thousand of Uncle Sam's finest and for what? Sport? Nah, f*ck them. You share the story of the time you were the inexperienced and unenthusiastic U.S. Navy lawyer, son of the  famous Lionel Kaffee, former Navy Judge Advocate and Attorney General, of the United States and the time you got the eminent Colonel Jessup court-martialed for ignoring military law and ordering a code red on private santiago. Tell him about that, maybe he'll warm up to ya.   

• Upvote 1